Search
Bottom

Replies in Visual Tab

• matthew016
    Participant

@matthew016

Hello,

I am having some issues getting the replies in visual tab to work. 🙁

The visual tab works perfectly for posting a topic or a reply to a topic, but when users try to reply to an existing reply on a topic the visual tab text field is not writable. The HTML tab still works though in this circumstance.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

not sure what quite what you mean, probably just me not familiar with what a ‘visual tab’ is, can you explain further?

matthew016
    Participant

@matthew016

The visual tab is the TinyMCE content window. When you have TinyMCE added it creates two tabs, Visual and Text(HTML), that users can switch between when adding a comment or reply.

I have had some other interesting developments. When a topic is open and reply is selected on a comment bbpress switches between the text and visual tabs being the default. If the text tab is defaulted the visual tab works when switched to, but if the visual tab is default then I run into the issue of users to being able to enter content. If I clear browser cache and server cache it defaults to the text tab but then after a little bit of use it starts defaulting to the visual tab. 🙁

Thanks for responding Robin!

matthew016
    Participant

@matthew016

I have done some testing and I believe the issue is caching within browsers and server caching. Once I clear browser and server cache the text area defaults to the text(html) tab and all works correctly. Anyone have an idea of how to not have the TinyMCE not cached?

lijitimit
    Participant

@lijitimit

This thread may help. I’m having a similar issue, however I’m only using TinyMCE. I tried @robkk ‘s reply.js file but I couldn’t get it working for me. Maybe It will steer you in the right direction?
    PS I’m not using buddypress and I switched to a default theme to test without success.

EDIT: After posting this comment I read on through that thread and found the issues may be unrelated. Looks like he’s having the same problem.

matthew016
    Participant

@matthew016

Thanks, I will check it out.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar