Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

www.domain.com is currently unable to handle this request

• jkisha
    Participant

@jkisha

Here’s a new one for me. I just moved the site to a new URL, everything on the site works just fine except for the links to the forums and individual forums, and return the error “www.domain.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP Error 500”

I can view the forums if I click on the links to “most popular topics”, “topics with no replies”, “topics with most replies”, and “latest topics”.

I compared the settings from the old and the new site for the forums and they are both identical.

Anybody have any idea about what might be going on and how to repair it?

Thanks in advance,

JK

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this will reset them

jkisha
    Participant

@jkisha

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I didn’t respond sooner, but I didn’t get an email notification. Well, I tried your suggestion and no joy. 🙁

Any other suggestions? I’ll check in daily whether I get a notification or not.

Here’s a link to a forum via the most popular link: http://new.mudskippercafe.com/forums/view/popular/

T[Edited to add]
    his is a development site, the original URL was http://www.mudskippercafe.com So maybe that will give you some other ideas of what might be going on. I changed all of the URLs directly in the database and everything else is working. I’ve also disabled all of the other plugins that were originally being used with bbpress just to make sure they weren’t causing issues.

Thanks again,

John

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not really possible to diagnose the issue from the links.

jkisha
    Participant

@jkisha

Tell me what you need and I’ll be glad to provide it to you. If it’s login info, I don’t want to post it publically, so if you have an alternate was for me to get this info to you it would be greatly appreciated.

Robin W

@robin-w

login probably isn’t going to do it either.

Probably a setting in wordpress or your site

or ‘I changed all of the URLs directly in the database’ something mis-set here

Suggest you start by

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

to eliminate these as issues

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar