Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'

Viewing 25 results - 3,401 through 3,425 (of 26,980 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #197925
    bymiki
    Participant

    I would like to support this plugin, but I didnt find the way to make a donation for Bbpress. I have already donated for WordPress Foundation, but I prefer to do it for this plugin in particular plugin.

    Thanks,

    #197923

    In reply to: 4 H1 tags on topic

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    None of the H1 tags seem to be from bbPress. There is the global WordPress one and then another one at the bottom, probably from a plugin like ‘Backdrop’ or other.

    bbPress is using WordPress standards, so if you have further questions on the use of h1, h2 etc, the best forum would be on https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

    Pascal.

    #197900
    Robin W
    Moderator

    untested, but add this to your functions file or snippets

    add_filter ('bbp_before_insert_forum_parse_args' , 'rew_order' ) ;
    
    function rew_order ($args) {
    $args['menu_order'] = 10 ;
    return $args ;
    }

    Code Snippets

    #197895
    Robin W
    Moderator

    ok, bit of code that does redirect but this is via wordpress login- this will be added to my style pack plugin shortly, with some further features, such as bbpress login

    //add private forum check
    add_action( 'bbp_template_redirect', 'rew_access_if_logged_out', 3 );
    
    function rew_access_if_logged_out(){
    	$topic_slug = get_option( '_bbp_topic_slug') ;
    	//quick check if we need to do this function
    	if (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], $topic_slug) == FALSE) return ;
    	$login_check=0 ;
    	$forum_slug = bbp_get_root_slug() ;
    	//if check is set (ie we prefix forums with the forum slug) then part 1 will be forum slug and part 2 will be topic slug, if not part 1 will be topic slug
    	$check = bbp_include_root_slug() ;
    	$link = explode('/',$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
    	//next we need to topic id (post id) of the topic so we need to check if it is a topic and if so, find the topic id
    	if (!is_user_logged_in() && $check && $link[1] == $forum_slug && $link[2] == $topic_slug ) {
    		$post = rew_get_page_by_slug( $link[3], OBJECT, 'topic' );
    		$topic_id =  $post->ID;
    		$login_check=1 ;
    		} 
    	elseif (!is_user_logged_in() && empty($check) && $link[1] === $topic_slug) {
    		$post = rew_get_page_by_slug( $link[2], OBJECT, 'topic' );
    		$topic_id =  $post->ID;		
    		$login_check=1 ;
    	}
    	//now we need to check if the topic belongs to a private forum, so can't be seen
    	if (!empty ($login_check)) {
    		$forum_id = bbp_get_topic_forum_id($topic_id);
    		//if forum is private...
    			if (bbp_get_forum_visibility( $forum_id ) == 'private' ) {
    				$redirect = home_url() . '/wp-login.php?redirect_to=' .  urlencode( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ); ;
    				wp_redirect( $redirect );
    				exit;
    			}
    	}
    }
    
    function rew_get_page_by_slug($page_slug, $output = OBJECT, $post_type = 'page', $status = 'publish' ) { 
      global $wpdb; 
       $page = $wpdb->get_var( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT ID FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE post_name = %s AND post_type= %s", $page_slug, $post_type) ); 
         if ( $page ) 
            return get_post($page, $output); 
        return null; 
    }
    #197870
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbpress sends the notification as a single email, with the noreply address as the to/from an the recipients are then bcc’d in.

    So you can’t simply remove it.

    you can amend how bbpress sends using this plugin

    AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions

    inderpreet2018
    Participant

    Hi,

    I want to send notification to my members/ participants, when ever new Forum is created. I found plugin that send email notification when new topic and replies created.

    bbPress Notify (No Spam)

    Is there any plugin/code that helps me to send email notification when new Forum is created??

    Thanks

    #197815

    In reply to: phpBB import (again)

    maximemue
    Participant

    Hi,

    ok, I have copied the phpBB database into a fresh one. It was UTF8_unicode before, the copy is now utf8mb4_unicode. I have linked the import routine to this new database. I still get this message:

    WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler: [Unknown column ‘users.user_website’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT convert(users.user_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_id,convert(users.user_password USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_password,convert(users.user_form_salt USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_form_salt,convert(users.username USING “utf8mb4”) AS username,convert(users.user_email USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_email,convert(users.user_website USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_website,convert(users.user_regdate USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_regdate,convert(users.user_aim USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_aim,convert(users.user_yim USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_yim,convert(users.user_icq USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_icq,convert(users.user_msnm USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_msnm,convert(users.user_jabber USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_jabber,convert(users.user_occ USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_occ,convert(users.user_interests USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_interests,convert(users.user_sig USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_sig,convert(users.user_from USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_from,convert(users.user_avatar USING “utf8mb4”) AS user_avatar FROM phpbb_users AS users LIMIT 0, 100

    Any thoughts where I could start searching for errors?

    Thanks a lot!

    Best

    Maxime

    #197802

    Hi,

    Thank you for your reaction! <3

    For the forum site club.geef-model.nl I have set the mailaddress in settings>general in info@geef-model.nl. I have created, using incognito screen, a new user and confirmed it but I still don’t receive a notification mail of it.

    I also installed the plugin check email and tested it. I received the following mail:
    This test email proves that your WordPress installation at http://club.geef-model.nl can send emails.\n\nSent: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:32:08 +0000

    What could I do now to solve my problem?

    With kind regards,
    Klaziena Waerts

    #197792
    Barry
    Participant

    The short and simple answer … is no ๐Ÿ™‚

    bbPress is a plugin for WordPress and it requires many of the features and facilities that WordPress provides in order to function.

    What CMS are you using?

    #197786
    qianjiu
    Participant

    This is my website: https://www.9skymachining.com We are a mechanical processing company. I started with WordPRESS, but I changed it now. I am using CMS now, but I want to add a BBpress forum. I don’t know if there is any way?

    #197751
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbpress just uses wordpress registration, so the issue is with that.

    Firstly check that you have membership ticked in dashboard>settings>general so that anyone can register.

    If you are not receiving emails, then what is set in
    dashboard>settings>general>email address
    and does it match your site?
    1. You should be aware that many spam filters strip messages that do not come from the correct address. So if your site is mysite.com and your email address in wordpress settings>general is fred@gmail.comthen it is likely that messages will be dumped in transit. You need to set up email to come from your site eg fred@mysite.com, your hosting provider can help if needed.
    2. Just bbpress?
    Then you need to see if this is wordpress wide or just bbpress.
    Try https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/

    #197742

    Hi everyone,

    I use WordPress 5.03 with BBpress version 2.5.14.
    My website is http://club.geef-model.nl

    The issue that I experience with my forum is that I don’t receive a notification when I new user is registered.

    Most likely it is just one box I have to enable ๐Ÿ˜‰
    but I cannot find it.

    I hope there is somebody who has the solution for me.

    Thank you in advance for your help and response.

    With kind regards,
    Klaziena Waerts, the Netherlands

    My site is in Dutch and when I must translate it, or change it (for a short while) to English is that no problem at all ๐Ÿ™‚

    #197701
    For Games
    Participant

    I know the Yoast SEO has many problems with BBpress. I wrote a small plugin to help Yoast SEO working better with BBPress.

    This plugin improved the following problem with yoast wordpress seo in bbpress:
    1, Canonical lost on single forum
    2, Canonical lost on single topic page
    3, Canonical lost on user profile page
    4, Canonical lost on topic tag page
    5, Meta title incorrect on user profile page
    6, Meta title incorrect on topic tag
    7, Meta description lost on topic archive
    8, Meta description lost on user profile page
    9, Meta description lost topic tag page
    10, Meta description lost on single topic page
    11, Meta description lost on single forum page

    BBP Improvements for yoast

    #197699
    For Games
    Participant

    I know the Yoast SEO has many problems with BBpress. I wrote a small plugin to help Yoast SEO working better with BBPress.

    This plugin improved the following problem with yoast wordpress seo in bbpress:
    1, Canonical lost on single forum
    2, Canonical lost on single topic page
    3, Canonical lost on user profile page
    4, Canonical lost on topic tag page
    5, Meta title incorrect on user profile page
    6, Meta title incorrect on topic tag
    7, Meta description lost on topic archive
    8, Meta description lost on user profile page
    9, Meta description lost topic tag page
    10, Meta description lost on single topic page
    11, Meta description lost on single forum page

    Hope this plugin can help someone else has the same problems.

    BBP Improvements for yoast

    #197698
    For Games
    Participant

    I know the Yoast SEO has many problems with BBpress. I wrote a small plugin to help Yoast SEO working better with BBPress.

    This plugin improved the following problem with yoast wordpress seo in bbpress:
    1, Canonical lost on single forum
    2, Canonical lost on single topic page
    3, Canonical lost on user profile page
    4, Canonical lost on topic tag page
    5, Meta title incorrect on user profile page
    6, Meta title incorrect on topic tag
    7, Meta description lost on topic archive
    8, Meta description lost on user profile page
    9, Meta description lost topic tag page
    10, Meta description lost on single topic page
    11, Meta description lost on single forum page

    Hope this plugin can help someone else has the same problems.

    BBP Improvements for yoast

    #197671
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbpress just uses wordpress registration, so this should work for you

    WP After Registration Redirect User Advanced

    come back and confirm

    #197670

    In reply to: topic info widget

    Robin W
    Moderator

    not a simple lift of code, so I’ve created the widget in my style pack plugin.

    bbp style pack

    Once activated, you’ll find the new widgets in the widgets section and can configure what they show there.

    Note : these widgets only appear on the relevant pages, so you won’t see the single topic information widget unless you are in a single topic!

    #197661
    janith96
    Participant

    Hi,

    i installed bbpress today on my wordpress site which have WordPress 5.0.3, bbpress 2.5.14. If i click on the Forum page in the admin panel it keeps loading forever. i tried reinstalling but still the same.If i try to create a new forum it keep loading for about 3 mins and then show this error:

    โ€ Create New Forum
    “class=โ€help-tab-contentโ€> Publish โ€“ You can set the terms of publishing your forum in the Publish box. For Status, Visibility, and Publish (immediately), click on the Edit link to reveal more options. Visibility includes options for password-protecting a forum or making it stay at the top of your blog indefinitely (sticky). Publish (immediately) allows you to set a future or past date and time, so you can schedule a forum to be published in the future or backdate a forum.

    Any idea what is causing this error?

    mattbru
    Participant

    WordPress v5.0.3
    bbPress v2.5.14

    Im using the function bbp_user_favorites_link() on my homepage post content to show a favorite link icon in the upper righthand corner of the post image.

    When you click it, it goes to the single topic page. The “like” gets liked or unliked but I want to remain on the homepage. i dont want to go to the single topic page when clicking that icon from the homepage.

    https://forum.thecritterdepot.com/

    Note: You cannot “like” when youre not logged in. But I made a dummy icon that tells you you need to log in when clicked.

    I tried looking through all the bbpress “favorites” functions but couldnt figure out how to remove this behavior.

    Thanks!

    #197639

    In reply to: phpBB import (again)

    maximemue
    Participant

    @Gregg: thanks a lot for your problem and solution description. I think I have the same issue (phpBB 3.1, current WordPress/bbpress)

    WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler: [Unknown column 'users.user_website' in 'field list']
    SELECT convert(users.user_id USING "utf8mb4") AS user_id,convert(users.user_password USING "utf8mb4") AS user_password,convert(users.user_form_salt USING "utf8mb4") AS user_form_salt,convert(users.username USING "utf8mb4") AS username,convert(users.user_email USING "utf8mb4") AS user_email,convert(users.user_website USING "utf8mb4") AS user_website,convert(users.user_regdate USING "utf8mb4") AS user_regdate,convert(users.user_aim USING "utf8mb4") AS user_aim,convert(users.user_yim USING "utf8mb4") AS user_yim,convert(users.user_icq USING "utf8mb4") AS user_icq,convert(users.user_msnm USING "utf8mb4") AS user_msnm,convert(users.user_jabber USING "utf8mb4") AS user_jabber,convert(users.user_occ USING "utf8mb4") AS user_occ,convert(users.user_interests USING "utf8mb4") AS user_interests,convert(users.user_sig USING "utf8mb4") AS user_sig,convert(users.user_from USING "utf8mb4") AS user_from,convert(users.user_avatar USING "utf8mb4") AS user_avatar FROM phpbb_users AS users LIMIT 0, 100
    

    If you say you exported the phpBB Database, do you mean simply with phpmyamdin? But then what do I have to do, simply create a new one in phpMyAdmin and import this database? this I would understand, but how do I tell bbpress to use this database?

    Thanks for your help!!

    Best

    Maxime

    #197618
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbp style pack

    once activated go to

    dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>forum templates

    and select the alternate template

    #197610
    mraljabry
    Participant

    My website : d20arabia.com
    WordPress v. 5.0.2
    Events manager 5.9.5
    Ultimate Member 2.0.37
    User Role Editor 4.48

    #197608
    For Games
    Participant

    Hi all, I know this is an old topic. Those days When I faced this problem and I reached here.
    But I can’t find a satisfying answer from the forum. So I wrote a plugin to solve this problem. Hope it will help someone else has the same problem.

    BBP DoFollow

    xqfans
    Participant

    The post editor of bbpress is not fully displayed on mobile devices. WordPress version is 5.0 and bbpress version is 2.5.14.

    I’ve tried different mobile devices and the problem remains. This is a recent problem, which has been normal before.

    pic

    #197575
    InventiveWebDesign
    Participant

    I am trying to allow users to embed videos by using links such as Youtube. When I do so the videos appears but is cut off because the box is to small to fit the iframe that is added to the site when wordpress adds the embed code. You can see an example here: http://b67.3d8.myftpupload.com/no-shift/topic/messed-up-divorce/

    I did some searching and found some CSS that doesn’t work either. Basically it adjusts the width but breaks on the height.

    .bbp-reply-content {
        overflow:hidden;
        padding-bottom:56.25% !important;
        position:relative;
        height:0;
    }
    .bbp-reply-content iframe{
        left:0;
        top:0;
        height:100%;
        width:100%;
        position:absolute;
    }

    Is there a way to make the WordPress auto embed code responsive in BBPress?

Viewing 25 results - 3,401 through 3,425 (of 26,980 total)
Skip to toolbar