Anyone ?
I believe I am missing some very basic configuration option. I am new to WordPress so can’t figure it out. Any help is very appreciated.
Looking for the right solution…
We would like to create a social community site like facebook where members have profile pages and can post videos, pictures and such. Create and join groups and get push notifications for chosen content.
1ST PAGE – ENROLLMENT & INTRO VIDEO
1. Three minute intro video
2. MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENT BUTTON:
Most important this will be a paid membership site with a pay to enter button. Emails provided in this sign up should integrate with mailchimp
2ND PAGE- POST ENROLMENT
Once they’ve entered we would like a landing page that has
1. A embedded live stream video player
2. A randomized video playlist player
3. A grid avatar list of our core contributors below these two players
4. Tabs up top to navigate to members profiles, groups and more
we welcome your suggestions. Thank you all so much in advance
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? WordPress 5.0.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? Directory installation
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Root
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? No Fresh Install 2 days ago
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. N/A
6. Which version of BP are you running? 4.1.0
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? NO
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? BuddyPress, Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights, Jetpack by WordPress.com, OptinMonster API, WPForms Lite
9. Are you using a standard WordPress theme or customized theme? Tonic
10. Which theme do you use ? Tonic
11. Have you modified the core files in any way? NO
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? NO
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? NO
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
15. Which company provides your hosting? Bluehost
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Apache
17. Which BP Theme are you using? Tonic
18. Have you overloaded any BuddyPress template files. NO
19. Any other site customisations that might have a bearing on the issue? NO
Wordpress version -5.0.2
bbpress – 2.5.14
ADD/ADHD
I have been trying to add a description to my forum but it doesn’t save.
You can see the differency here
https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/forum/sanaristikot/suomen-kuvalehti/
On the right bottom corner of the main menus is (double) arrow down, which has the link
#new-post
That goes to the right place
Clicking + ALOITA UUSI KESKUSTELU
goes
https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/forum/sanaristikot/suomen-kuvalehti/#bsptopic
That goes a little bit too far.
sorry, but bbpress is a wordpress plugin, that’s it
put this in your functions file or in code snippets
add_filter( 'bbp_suppress_private_author_link', 'rew_remove_author_space' ) ;
function rew_remove_author_space ($author_link ){
$author_link = str_replace( ' ', '', $author_link );
return $author_link;
}
Code Snippets
bbpress uses wordpress posts, so this will be the count of all posts of whatever type since your site started. Post and page revisions count as posts, so each time you hit update on a page, post, topic, reply, forum and whatever other custom post types you have, a new post is created, so 1346 is actually quite low !!
Hi
Handling of links behaves a little bit annoying
- When transforming link as blockquote, bbPress strip off anchor.
- Linking to external bbPress page, bbPress does not add target=”_blank” to the link, which is annoying.
- bbPress doesn’t always convert link to another bbPress-page as iframe (see. https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/topic/ongelmia-visuaalisen-editorin-kanssa/#post-9373 – there first the link to this site was first inside a blockquote, but next time inside iframe.
I’ve found no issues in relation to WordPress 5.0
And BBPRESS continues to be stable but as an actively maintained and developed platform BBPRESS is dead.
As you have seen Version 2.6 has been in development for about 2 years and no updates have been made on the latest release candidate in over a year I think.
The only person providing any support here seems to be Robin, who I understand Is not part of the BBPRESS team but has developed a number of plugins that can help with many users issues.
Even with Bbpress scale and amount of plugin developers I still can’t believe there is no way of adding images inline in a BBpress post with the image being loaded into the WordPress media library.
Log into your WordPress back-end.
Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins .
Scroll down until you see bbPress and click Deactivate.
After the page reloads , scroll back down to the bbPress plugin , now click the red Delete link.
If you have a WordPress.com account, then you can use that or you can create a free account. Once you have connected Jetpack to WordPress.com, you need to visit Appearance » Widgets. Drag and drop Blog Subscriptions (Jetpack) widget to a sidebar and then click on Save button store your widget settings.
bbpress just uses wordpress, so not really a bbpress issue
try
Check Email
Seems that if the link is an independent paragraph, WordPress makes conversion. See:https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/topic/foorumin-ulkoasusta-ym/
When pasting some texts, TinyMCE show some HTML (DIV and SPAN tags)
as you can see https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/topic/suomen-kuvalehti-50-2018/#post-8740
I put an additional function in order to parse that off, but it did not work. I installed bbp Style pack and seems that using this plugin I don’t get unwanded HTML tags.
But I would like also get automatic transforming www-addresses using the title of the page instead showing the www-address itself.
I didn’t find how to accomplish that.
It is not necessary under GDPR to prevent people form publishing their personal data if they wish. For instance if x wants to put their personal phone number on a public forum, that is up to x, and the site is under no obligation to remove it or advise x.
However if you want to create a ticket like system, then I presume you tried my private groups plugin mentioned in the other thread which does just what you want if I understand you correctly.
Private groups
Well this works better than by adding some extra function to the functions.php
The problem was that pasting text add unwanted HTML:
Suomen Kuvalehti 50/2018
I tested using this plugin. I didn’t get unwanted HTML. so in his plugin this issue has been solved.
But I would like to get transforming http://… into format, which has been used in my previous post. Can that be achieved with this plugin?
You can answer this question also in my own forum. I have written now in Finnish, but also answers in English are OK.
https://www.sanaristikkofoorumi.net/wordpress/forums/topic/ongelmia-visuaalisen-editorin-kanssa/
BTW. How to get http…. transformed as before so that editor automatic would use the name of page and not http….
I have seen that in https://www.matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi/threads/yleistä-keskustelua-tableteista.128744/page-2
but I don’t in WordPress sites before this situation.
Enable Visual Editor
“In some cases, text pasted into the visual editor will bring along unwanted styles and HTML markup. You can use another function to force pasted text to be cleaned up. ”
I added the function, but it does not work. See
Suomen Kuvalehti 50/2018
Do I need some plugin for TinyMCE
I’m new to wordpress and bbPress. I found a post that described the problem I am having, but a “keymaster” closed the thread… I don’t see how to solve this problem.
The original thread was:
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/breadcrumb-and-forum-index-issues/
Here is my restatement of the issue:
I am new to WordPress and BBpress, using Astra theme. I have read some forum topics on the problem I am having, but some are now closed and did not provide answers in remedial enough fashion! (I’m not a coder.)
Here is how I am experiencing the problem, you can follow along on the links below (I used BBP stylepack to remove the “home” link)
1. I navigate to https://devgo.jeffbelkora.com/forums/. This presents a blank page.
2. As suggested in a prior forum here, I set up a WordPress page called forums with a bbpress shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. Still, the URL /forums/ presents a blank page.
3. Bizarrely (to me), I can see this forum index only if I change the URL to Forums/ with a capital F. Huh? Now this page displays a list of forums, namely one I created called “Resource Messages”. Very confused as to how the uppercase F came to display the right index. I stumbled on that accidentally.
4. I click on “Resource Messages” This takes me to /forums/forum/resource-messages/. The URL now has a lowercase f in forums. This will be a problem in a minute!
5. Now I click on “Resource Message 2” link and I’m taken to /forums/topic/20181219-resource-message-2/. Incidentally, I am working on an entire project to strip down the forum into a one-way bulletin board… but this post is just about the forum breadcrumbs.
6. Now the problem arises where I click on the breadcrumb for forums, whose link is /forums/. As seen in item 1, this presents a blank page.
Now, other posters pointed to BBP StylePack “breadcrumbs” setting. And I have tried to insert my forum page (with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]) URL (/forums/) into their “override” box. But instead of showing the forum index, it shows a blank page.
Help! I am so confused. I would really appreciate any tips or links to further resources, in very remedial terms.
I have the latest WordPress (5.0.2) and latest BBPress. I enabled the visual editor with the bbPress tweak plugin and then every time I tried to edit a reply it will not let me submit it again. The page would just like reload and my text was gone. No error in the console but saw thing flashed there.
But if I login, logout, return to bbPress and uses the text editor and kept the visual editor in the back, everything worked ok. So I disabled it and since then no more bugs.
Is there other WYSIWYG editor that I can use? Is there something I can do to make it work correctly?
I am trying to configure bbpress for one way announcements to an audience of members in my website. Meaning I as the author am posting topics in chronological order, with no possibility of replies. So not a normal forum.
This has meant removing a lot of extraneous information normally displayed: I don’t need or want author, freshness, voices, etc.
I am new to WordPress, BBpress, and I am not a coder. I have proceeded, through trial and error, to “inspect” the pages and use custom CSS to hide objects that I don’t want (display: none !important), and to look at the php files such as content-single-topic-lead.php and remove any references to author (e.g. bbp-topic-author).
Without understanding much of what I’m doing, I’m getting very close to achieving the intended effect. Now I’m stuck because when someone clicks in Resource Messages (the “forum” name) on an actual topic, they see an indented display of content, because the author column (which normally displays author name and avatar etc, which I hid using CSS display: none !important) is still present (if empty).
Please see https://devgo.jeffbelkora.com/square/topic/20181219-resource-message-2/
So my questions are:
1. Can anyone instruct me on how to remove that first author/avatar column?
2. How to resize column 2, or otherwise adapt it so each topic’s content displays as a left-justified text?
Please be very remedial in any tips you can give me. I have created a “bbpress” subfolder inside my “astra” child theme via “files” in my cpanel. I am deleting code in php files there adding custom css inside the astra child theme “customizer”.
If you are going to suggest changing files, could you please specify how I need to place them in my child theme to make this futureproof to updates etc.?
Thank you!