Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Moderation

• JosephTersoo
    Participant

@nforumnaija

I need help with this plugin bbPress Moderation By Ian Stanley https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpressmoderation/
    i use this to hold topics for moderation from my participants before publishing them, because not all topic i will want to publish. but the thing with this plugin is that it hold but topics and reply for moderation and has no option to separate them.
    Is there any way like code that i can use to prevent topics from being moderated, only post should be held for moderation and the reply should not be held.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I would first of all try the more up to date version of this

bbPress – Moderation Tools

and then reach out to the support forum of that pluigin

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

How to get front-end texts translated in Finnish? moderation-tools-for-bbpress

does not have any *.po or *.pot files.
    These should get translated:
    * approved
    * report reason + all related options

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Those can’t translate – those has FIXED texts. I must directly edit the text. :(.

Developers have been extremely lazy!

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

At least report.php should be able to translate because those relate with front end user.
    All backend features can be in English.

Robin W

@robin-w

1. I’m not sure that it is appropriate to describe someone who has taken considerable time to write a plugin that is entirely free to you as ‘extremely lazy’.

2. then complaining about this plugin on another plugins support site is also not appropriate.

I did have another word in place of ‘appropriate’ above, but changed this for politeness.

Please realise that you benefit from others free work, and that you should be ‘extremely’ grateful for this.

Robin W

@robin-w

you can always use this in your functions file or the snippets plugin

//This function changes the text wherever it is quoted
    function change_translate_text( $translated_text ) {
    	if ( $translated_text == 'old text' ) {
    	$translated_text = 'new text';
    	}
    	if ( $translated_text == 'more old text' ) {
    	$translated_text = 'more new text';
    	}
    	return $translated_text;
    }
    add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_translate_text', 20 );

and just keep repeating the if statement

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Sorry about my inappropriate words, but I just assumed that if some text is used for ordinary participants, the text should IMO be translate able.

If there is no translation using po/mo-files then fields to set the desired text like in bbp_style_pack. Indeed that doesn’t work with multilingual sites if there is not another installation or WordPress for other languages (I don’t have looked, how WordPress could work with multilingual sites).

I don’t figure which function file Robin W. means. Many plugins has the functions.php file.
    moderation-tools-for-bbpress does not have functions.php (like for example bbp_style_pack or the used theme has).

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

I got all other front end texts translated into Finnish using *.po(t) files except text of moderation-tools-for-bbpress.

Robin W

@robin-w

your child theme function file, or if you don’t know what that means, install this plugin and put it there

Code Snippets

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Get working with the plugin. I just changed one text, which was not in the report.php file.
    Next time when I update the plugin I must add translation as code snippets.
    Thank’s.
    Yes, I don’t understand, what is child theme function.php file.
    I have used twentyfourteen. I don’t have any child theme for it but the theme does have function.php.

BTW. A Finnish user had complained in the conversation page of the plugin moderation-tools-for-bbpress about the same issue (I saw from the nickname that the person was Finnish).

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

I added https://wordpress.org/support/topic/support-translations/#post-11118819

in order to help another Finnish user of that plugin.

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Thank’s Robin about the Code Snippet suggestion. I can add to HEAD some own code easily.
    I asked https://wordpress.org/support/topic/code-before-the/ about an ssue.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I have 6 plugins of my own to support, I don’t plan answering other author’s support forums

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Robin W

@robin-w

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar