Categories
Search
Bottom

Copy/Duplicate Topic into another Forum

• Garrett Hyder
    Participant

@garrett-eclipse

Hello,

Wanted to suggest a feature to the bbPress community, would love to see the ability for a keymaster or moderator to be able to copy/duplicate a topic into another forum. I would find this especially helpful with my bbPress+Buddypress set-up which has users silo’d into Group Forums depending on what course/product they’ve purchased on my site.

Happy to discuss if the community is interested in implementing this into bbPress or as a plugin.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Garrett Hyder
    Participant

@garrett-eclipse

I’ve also opened this onto Buddypress as it may make more sense as a Buddypress feature since Group Forums provide membership capabilities so users only have access to certain group forums and topcis.
    Buddypress TOpic – https://buddypress.org/support/topic/duplicatecopy-topic-into-another-forum/

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry for the really late reply, but see if this helps you. I know it is not duplicating and instead moving, but I feel like this is what you are trying to do.

Common Tasks

Garrett Hyder
    Participant

@garrett-eclipse

Thanks @Robkk,

Would love if it was that simple, sadly the clients wants to be able to have topics shared among multiple forums. I’ll be looking into this again in a month and will post any solutions as I come across them.

Cheers

Robkk

@robkk

Weird request. Only thing I can think of to do this is maybe editing the posts data manually in the database to have multiple parent forums, but I am not sure if that would work quite well.

Garrett Hyder
    Participant

@garrett-eclipse

Thanks @Robkk,

For sure, I thought so myself. They use groups for organizing their course students and found certain topics make sense being shared among courses.

Appreciate the thought I’ll start there when I start diving into the project.

Cheers

Hugo Callens
    Participant

@prettiggeleerd

Hi @garrett-eclipse
    Have you found a solution for this?
    I have the same question in a similar context: creating sub-groups of students each with their own forum.

Garrett Hyder
    Participant

@garrett-eclipse

Hi @prettiggeleerd,

I didn’t look much further for a solution to have a single topic shared between forums and instead duplicated the topic and moved to the second forum. Sadly this means replies were specific to each unique topic and not shared in thread.

Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you, I just used the Duplicate Post plugin to create the duplicate topics.

If you find a solution post here as I’d be interested.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar