Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,276 through 7,300 (of 32,569 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #169582
    dave1900
    Participant

    I have the same issue with my total theme, but your solution doesn’t work 🙁 Do you have another solution? … maybe I have to set some <?php … ?> before and after the code?

    #169581
    WebsitesbyMark
    Participant

    I want to add additional infomation and help test to the regsiter page.

    I have added [bbp-register] to my register page but it does not show the additional content outside the shortcode.

    With the latest version of BBPpress how do I do that? (if its adding a file to my theme what do I use as a basis and what file structure does it need to sit in my theme? (i.e does it sit in the theme folder or does it need to match the structure of the defualt theme)

    #169572
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    The above was spam 😉

    It theoretically continue to run at the same speed at reply 1-100 or 90,000 – 90,100.

    A recent case of similar behaviour was due to another plugin being active and hooking into pre_get_posts(), this caused every single post being imported to be run through this and was the cause of the slowness.

    Check what other plugins are running to see if this is the cause.

    And no, *all* bbPress data is stored in the standard WordPress db tables, bbPress does not create any tables of it’s own.

    #169550

    In reply to: Shortcodes and Menus

    bpakclac2015
    Participant

    Alright…It appears that setting the type of topics, as in; Normal, Sticky or Super Sticky, changes the behavior of the shortcode [bbp-single-forum id=].

    I made all test topics’ type in both forums, to Normal and the problem disappeared. Same behavior with Sticky.

    To wrap-up, a type Super-Sticky, will get these forums show up, no matter that you specify an exact one with the [bbp-single-forum id=] shortcode.

    #169548
    drewamca
    Participant

    I tried to put this code to my theme’s bbpress.css file but it didn’t work. Also I tried buddypress plugin’s bbpress.css but it didn’t work either.

    @robkk

    #169547
    Momshof
    Participant

    Any ideas why this happens? Still can not get the

    align left
    align center
    align right
    font family
    font size
    underline
    text color
    background color (for text)

    to work for front end users.

    I tried Tiny MCE Advanced and it caused alot of issues – half of an individual post showed up in my black background – half in the “white” text area – still did not allow proper showing of the above formatting (showed code when published) – really a mess so I went back to WP Edit.

    Also – all buttons are working fine in my other areas (like Sabai directory) for front end users – just BBPress?

    #169541
    Alex Seidanis
    Participant

    Update (and info for the developers):
    I have the import process running in one tab, and a random admin page in another, which I keep re-loading to maintain the session alive. Meanwhile, I also occasionally run this query on the database to keep an eye on things:

    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM 'wp_posts' WHERE 'post_type'='reply'

    Here’s what I noticed:

    Although the import process tab states that it’s

    Converting Replies (51700 – 51799)

    the actual total replies imported at any given time are in the next range, eg. between 51800 and 51899 (resulted by the MySQL query above).

    Whenever it stalls without outputting dashes, it’s always on a round figure, eg. 51600, and re-starting the import process starts at 51601 OK.

    Also, at one occasion, the session expired. I logged back in at the second tab, then returned to the importing tab and as soon as I closed the login modal, the import pane started outputting dashes.

    I’ll keep this topic updated with any further info until the import completes. Hope this proves useful to someone.

    #169538
    DealL
    Participant

    @casiepa thank you for the help 🙂

    @robkk your code has worked perfectly 🙂 thanks a lot 🙂

    #169535
    Allyson
    Participant

    Hi, I’m trying to make some filters in my single-forum and other pages queries, but my changes with pre_get_posts results in “Content not found”.

    Here’s a example of my code:

    function bbpress_site_queries( $query ) {
    	if ( $query->is_main_query() && $query->is_single( 'forum' ) ) {
    		$query->set( 'order', 'DESC' );
        }
    }
    add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'bbpress_site_queries' );

    What is wrong? There’s other way, better to modify bbPress queries? I want to change queries to make in front-end some order and other filters.

    #169530
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Sorry this isn’t the best of experiences 🙁

    Can you try the 2.6 alpha version, available from this page as “development version”
    • https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    • aka https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    Also if you “right click” any of the items as they import and select “Inspect element” to view the source code you will see the direct MySQL queries as they happen, you can then use these to help debug directly in phpMyAdmin 🙂

    #169504
    bpakclac2015
    Participant

    Good day guys!

    I have the same issue with two forums; an English and a French one.
    When I shortcode to one from a page called up by a menu item, it displays fine, but when I do the same from another menu item(the French one) from another page, and shortcode to the other forum, then bbPress shows both of the forums.

    See it here.
    http://www.businessperformances.com

    #169503
    Momshof
    Participant

    Hey – I entered the code above in my child theme functions php file and my site went white. No pages would come up – all just white.

    In chrome it said 500 error – in firefox just white screen. Any ideas?

    #169488
    drewamca
    Participant

    @robkk

    Hi, I’m looking for this kind of code for a long time and I’m so glad to find it. But I didn’t understand that where I should paste this code?

    Thanks 🙂

    #169475
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @kallard

    Checking your site again, the padding for the bbPress forum header that shows the labels looks a little cozy to the left, you may need to edit the padding-left: 0 !important;, by default I think the padding is set to about 8px, maybe setting 0 to 8px or removing the !important might help with that.

    #169473
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @casiepa

    That code will make it where if you visit your profile the title tag will display Your, instead of, Your Profile, Your Topics, or Your Favorites, etc.

    @deall

    Use something like this for only the single topic, and single forum pages.

    Add this php code snippet into your child themes functions.php file, or in a plugin like functionality.

     function rkk_custom_titles( $new_title ){
       if ( bbp_is_single_forum() ) {
      		$new_title['format'] = esc_attr__( '%s', 'bbpress' );
    
      	// Topic page
        } elseif ( bbp_is_single_topic() ) {
      		$new_title['format'] = esc_attr__( '%s', 'bbpress' );
    
      	}
         return $new_title;
     }
    
     add_filter( 'bbp_before_title_parse_args', 'rkk_custom_titles' );
    #169472
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    You will have to look for the bbp_before_title_parse_args filter. Just an example below, but it will need tuning probably:

    function bbppc_format_titles( $new_title ){
            // Format to title only
    	$new_title['format'] = '%s';
    	return $new_title;
    
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_before_title_parse_args', 'bbppc_format_titles' );

    Pascal.

    #169458
    Robkk
    Moderator

    No it is not really about content, what I think your experiencing is a bug. I have seen it before on these forums.

    It has to do with using lists <li> and not surrounding it in an unordered <ul> or ordered list <ol>.

    This issue might be happening, because bbPress uses lists for its forum layout.

    To fix it, you can edit your post and make sure that the lists <li></li> have a surrounding unordered or ordered list around it like so.

    <ul>
        <li>Some List</li>
    </ul>
    #169457
    Robkk
    Moderator

    How do I add the number of posts under the name and the symbolic images of the user?

    Post count is coming to a future release of bbPress. You can use a plugin like this to add the counts for now.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-topic-count/

    What exactly do you mean by symbolic images??

    How do I change the title to any user of an optional title?
    Ex: the title of the current user in the Forum (supervisor) want to have the title of supervisor (supervisor pictures)

    You can rename the current forum roles to whatever you want with this php code snippet in this guide. Add the function to your child themes functions.php or in a plugin that can hold custom code snippets like functionality.

    Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

    You can also create custom user roles with custom capabilities and add the custom names there.

    Custom Capabilities

    How to determine the powers of the supervisors so far have not I transfer Lists Musharraf to it have all the powers modification and deletion of all sections I wanted to be the powers of the supervisor on only a particular section

    Assigning a user to a forum is not possible in the default functionality of the latest stable version of bbPress.

    #169456
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I am not sure where to put the above or which ones to use.

    Place the php code snippet into your child themes functions.php file or place the snippet in a plugin like functionality.

    #169452
    whassell
    Participant

    Undefined variable: bbp_forums_noheader in /wp-content/themes/multinews/bbpress/loop-forums.php on line 19

    any suggestions what this might be?
    Thanks

    #169410

    In reply to: Login page

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    You could use the redirect feature of the login that results in a URL like this:
    http://www.example.com/login/?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.example.com%2Fmyfolder%2Fmypage%2F

    Pascal.

    #169387
    bschaich
    Participant

    All I want is a forum on the entry site of my wordpress and nothing else. I supposed that for this I need to make a page and use one of the bbpress shortcodes. BUT this does not work. No matter what I enter as a shortcode, I get back an empty page.

    I’ve seen some old entries that there is a “whitelist” plugin, but there is no mentioning anywhere on bbpress that this is needed -I don’t get it.

    Could anyone help here and enlighten me?

    Regards,
    Benny

    Vickymedia
    Participant

    Hello,

    Thanks for a quick reply but can I add the above code in Custom URL in Menu in wordpress ?

    or where exactly should I use it in which file. and any con ditional logic to be implemented ?

    Thanks,
    Vicky

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Vicky,
    Does this help ?
    <a href="'. wp_logout_url() .'">Log Out</a>
    Pascal.

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    What you want to obtain is not just a basic setting in bbPress that you can switch on. It requires changing one of basic php files. As the golden rule is to never change any bbPress files directly, there are different ways of coming to what you want, in this case it would be copying the file from the bbPress folder/directory and modifying it. Information on creating a child theme can be found on the codex: https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

    Hope that helps,
    Pascal.

Viewing 25 results - 7,276 through 7,300 (of 32,569 total)
Skip to toolbar