Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,251 through 7,275 (of 32,569 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #169736
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Some questions to you:
    – You have 2900 replies, how do you know to what topic they relate to ?
    – If you have 1400 topics and e.g. 5 forums, how do you know to what forum a topic belongs ?
    – To show some stats, how do you know when a topic or forum was last changed ?
    => All answers are the same: It’s coming from the meta data of the posts. So this data really needs to be filled.

    Please refer to the bbpress codex for custom imports (https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/importing-data/import-forums/custom-import/).
    I think you will find what you need overthere, if not, give us a shout here again !

    Pascal.

    #169732
    NejcL
    Participant

    Dear all,

    I am trying to achive similar look at forum listing as they are on phpbb forums:

    I found plugin that add a line at forum tittle which are unread by the user,and they are marked with one blue vertical stripe. But that isn’t what I was looking for. I would be very happy if some one will help my problem.

    1.I would like to add an icon beside the name of subforum and the forum name must me like on the picture like just a tittle and look seperated from subforms.

    2.Secondly after the 1. point I would like to create a unread/read diffrent icon like if the subform is unread the icon would be green if it is read the icon would be green.

    I know the whole point is in style.css but any help or basics steps will be helpfull.
    Thanks for any link, code, plugin, style.css, etc.

    Br Nejc

    #169728
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Had a quick look and it’s using standard div naming, so I looked at how I did it in one of my plugins. The below css should hide the message, but not only that one as also these ones will be gone:
    – Oh bother! No topics were found here!
    – You must be logged in to create new topics
    – Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content

    .bbp-template-notice {
    	display: none;
    }
    
    .bbp-template-notice.info,
    .bbp-template-notice.error,
    .bbp-template-notice.important,
    .bbp-template-notice.warning {
    	display: block;
    }

    Hope you can decide…
    Pascal.

    #169725
    Tom
    Participant

    All my quotes are broken on my forums now, its showing the quote code and not formatting after updating to 4.4

    #169714
    Mei Ling
    Participant

    Hello,

    whant kind of code should I use in my child theme to get the last visit in the BBPress profile?

    I thank you in advance

    Regards

    Mei Ling

    #169710
    bschaich
    Participant

    Looks like bbpress codes are not computing if they appear on a front page.

    Reproduction:
    1. Make a new page and name it foo
    2. Enter the string “[bbp-forum-index]”
    3. Check the preview of page (Everything should work as expected)
    4. Save the page and publish
    5. Goto settings -> Reading and set the page “foo” as front page
    6. Call your site.

    What should happen is that nothing appears on the page, except its title.

    Versions: WordPress 4.3.1, bbpress 2.5.8
    Wordpress is running in MU mode. Dont know if this is really an issue.

    Man, this took me a million calls of that front page to get it. It might also have destroyed the structure somehow, as somtimes I had the impression that bbcodes did not work at all. This went away after using the restructure feature/tool.

    With best regards,
    Benny

    #169680
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    1. Just read item 17 on https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/ . Or use a plugin like ‘bbP Toolkit’ or other to do it for you.
    2. hmmm, I see a complicated way in programming this, but maybe somebody comes with an easy solution
    Pascal.

    #169673
    gburak
    Participant

    Thanks for your reply, but I’m not sure I quite understand your instructions… I’m versed in css but not so much so with php.

    I replace the “back to discussions” code with <?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?> – ok.

    But where do I find the “back to discussions” code? And its just the one line <?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?> I replace it with?

    thanks!

    #169670
    daoist
    Participant

    I want to remove the voices column, it never updates when I want it to, and I am getting tired of trying to figure it out.

    Can someone help me remove this in a neat way – ive tried editing the following:

    }
    li.bbp-forum-topic-count,
    li.bbp-topic-voice-count,
    li.bbp-forum-reply-count,
    li.bbp-topic-reply-count {
    	float: left;
    	text-align: center;
    	width: 10%;

    but it just removes the posts column as well. and I dont want that.

    #169661
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @devyncjohnson

    I talked to the devs awhile back on this, and as long as you insert the links manually with html or with the link quicktag button, your links shouldn’t have a rel=”nofollow”.

    Just add this to your functions.php file your child theme instead of commenting out the code.

    remove_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow',   50   );
    remove_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow',   50   );
    #169647
    meriadoc84
    Participant

    I tried the code anyway and it worked after I realised that the bbpress forum pages were linking to the primary theme (iFeaturepro5) rather than the child version I have created. I really don’t understand that at all because the Child theme was the one activated at the time. The main thing is the side bar has gone.
    Anyway, thanks for the help. A final touch would be to be able to reduce the size across the screen a little. Is it possible to change from full width to a percentage; say 80%?

    #169644
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I just tested out the code and it seems to work fine. Make sure that you copied over the whole bit of code and did not miss anything. I put the code on a gist file so maybe it will be easier to copy over.

    https://gist.github.com/robkk/b24443ad53ece6d2b7c9

    I tried Tiny MCE Advanced and it caused alot of issues – half of an individual post showed up in my black background – half in the “white” text area

    Maybe this is a CSS issue?? Not sure really.

    still did not allow proper showing of the above formatting (showed code when published)

    The code fixes it whenever you make a new post, it might not work for existing posts that have not parsed everything, it might need to be republished on the old posts.

    really a mess so I went back to WP Edit

    I have come across an issue that was present using WP Edit.

    Also – all buttons are working fine in my other areas (like Sabai directory) for front end users – just BBPress?

    bbPress tries to be secure for frontend posting for users, so that they do not post harmful javascript. It might be a little too secure.

    #169643
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @drewamca using this PHP code snippet will also work too. Add this function to your child themes functions.php file or add it to a seperate plugin like functionality.

    function filter_bbp_get_quicktags_settings( $settings ) {
    
     $buttons_array = explode( ',', $settings['buttons'] );
    
     $buttons = array_diff( $buttons_array, array(
       'del','ul','ol','li','close'
     ) );
    
     $settings['buttons'] = implode( ',', $buttons );
    
         return $settings;
     };
    
     add_filter( 'bbp_get_quicktags_settings', 'filter_bbp_get_quicktags_settings', 10, 1 );

    Here is a list of the default buttons you can add to the function.

    strong, em, link, block, del, img, ul, ol, li, code, close

    #169640

    In reply to: Recent topic widget

    jeroenkosterr
    Participant

    Hello Pascal,

    I am not getting the recent topics if i indicate the id of a subforum. It seems like it only works when you are in the root. If i put in ‘any’ in the Parent Forum ID field every topic is shown. My answer is still not answered. I don’t know which code to edit.

    Thanks for your help.

    #169639
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You should be able to add information to the page you added the registration shortcode to. YOu can also copy the form-user-register.php file into a child theme in a folder called bbpress and edit it and add another notice or a description surround in paragraph tags. You can also create/edit a page-user-register.php file and put that in the root of your theme, and make sure to select the template for your register page.

    I cannot really replicate the issue.

    I am kind of thinking that possibly you may have BuddyPress activated and do not know that the plugin also has a frontend registration form that is created on yoursite.com/register.

    #169636
    Emineminero
    Participant

    Hi, i enabled topics and replys in the search with custom code that i was given here, the thing is that when search something and finds a reply, when i click that reply it redirects me to that individual reply, not the whole topic so i cant see the context of the reply.
    What can i do?

    #169634
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @meriadoc84

    It is specific to Point.

    It would require a similar process to create the file/and the code in the file though.

    I am sort of following this guide.

    Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

    #169629
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @omj-1

    Your subforums are for some strange reason not wrapped in a list structure like this.

    <ul class="bbp-forums-list">
        <li class="bbp-forum">
            <a href="http://link" class="bbp-forum-link">Forum 1</a>
        </li>
        <li class="bbp-forum">
            <a href="http://link" class="bbp-forum-link">Forum 2</a>
        </li>
    </ul>

    But instead it is just links.

    Try this CSS instead to have the same layout.

    .bbp-forum-info a.bbp-forum-link {
        display: block;
    }
    #169626
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @reedy

    copy loop-forums.php or any other templates you want to edit to a child theme into a folder called bbpress and you should be fine.

    Theme Compatibility

    #169625
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Since I am sure your theme is using custom templates to have the edit/or replace the back to disscussions code with <?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?>. It would be preferred if you copied the file you would need to edit to your child theme in a folder called bbpress.

    #169612
    erich199
    Participant

    @robkk,
    I thought the exact same thing when they sent the code. Hopefully we see this as a core feature in the future updates of bbpress.

    One can make the button visible to logged in users only by using the
    <?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?> button code here <?php endif; ?>

    @adventureridingnz,

    I’m not sure, I’ll have to do some testing on my site to see if it will work with forums.

    #169611
    o.m.j
    Participant

    hello…I had this working when I 1st setup my site, I just noticed it has reverted back…

    I was using the following css code in my child theme:

    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {
    display: block;
    }

    I just tried switching to the filter in functions but it’s not working either…

    any idea why this would stop working? thx!

    http://www.badboyzromz.com/forums/

    #169608
    gburak
    Participant

    I’ve placed the [bbp-forum-index] code into a page that uses a left-side-bar template.
    The content wrapper div for the forum has a class .left-layout.
    But when I navigate to the topic list or further to a topic, the page layout changes to full-width where the content wrapper div now has a class full-layout.

    How can I keep the left-side-bar layout throughout?

    thanks!

    #169592
    Alex Seidanis
    Participant

    Currently at 67K and going.

    Some assistance please; this query:

    SELECT DISTINCT 'post_author'
    FROM 'wp_posts'
    AS t1
    LEFT JOIN 'wp_users' AS t2 
    ON t2.ID = t1.post_author
    WHERE t2.ID IS NULL AND t1.post_type = 'reply'
    ORDER BY 't1'.'post_author' ASC

    returns 306 results. This one:

    SELECT COUNT(*)
    FROM 'wp_posts'
    AS t1
    LEFT JOIN 'wp_users' AS t2 
    ON t2.ID = t1.post_author
    WHERE t2.ID IS NULL AND t1.post_type = 'reply'

    returns the number 29547.

    So, there are 29547 replies attributed to 306 users that don’t exist in the user table. Will that get fixed by the repair tools or should I stop the process and try something else?

    #169587

    In reply to: Featured slider

    galiulinr
    Participant

    The question is outdated, but I also needed a slider. Today I use “Yet Another Related Posts Plugin” + “Related Posts Slider“. It works for me.I added a shortcode in a page template forum. Maybe it will help someone.

Viewing 25 results - 7,251 through 7,275 (of 32,569 total)
Skip to toolbar