I not test with any role yet. But i’m just install bbpress plugin.
hi @netweb maybe you could help me.
i made a personalized Spanish translation of the es_ES.mo and the es_ES.po to have the more common words used in my country. I followed the instructions here and it worked, i had the Spanish translation with the changed i made but every few days the translations go back to the standard Spanish translation of bbpress. Is there a way to keep my own personalized translation without losing it?
Thanks!
@mica123
Make sure that a user is actually subscribed so that they receive the subscription emails. Some users get confused and think they get the emails magically sometimes without subscribing to a topic or forum.
Subscriptions
Also install this, because sometimes the emails just do not send as they caught up in spam folders. The functionality in the plugin will most likely get into the bbPress plugin in the future.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/asyncronous-bbpress-subscriptions/
Yes i did completely remove bbpress and reinstalled it. as on now its just this error that i am getting .
Is there a function in bbPress to count the number of topics that are associated with a specific tag?
Thanks
@vyasmonarchu
Did you successfully remove bbPress?
Also the error is common, its basically some other plugin causing the issue and bbPress just spits out information about it.
bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly
For registration
Wanguard is considered freemium since it has a request limit.
The Advanced no captcha plugin is good to use across your site especially for registration. Wanguard also has a honeypot feature for registration too.
Dealing with Spam
For Post protection
I don’t think Antispam Bee works with bbPress, there is a plugin that is based off it though that works with bbPress (bbPress antispam), but I think it is having issues lately.
Akismet is free for non-profits and has integrated code in bbPress for it to work.
Dealing with Spam
I tried deleting and re installing bbpress . I have also deactivated any other bbpress associated plugins . now i am getting this error
Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /hermes/bosoraweb137/b2961/ipg.mydomaincom/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3622
It is only visible if i am logged in to the website on the backend . Views are not able to see this . but how to solve it
Sorry guys was probably tired or something, I should have led you guys to this explaining how to deactivate plugins when you cannot get into the admin panel.
https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F
And @bdsand I should have led you to this for the blank screen, but I am glad you fixed it.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#The_White_Screen_of_Death
As for this issue, bbPress shouldn’t behave like this during deactivation of bbPress.
See if some of the steps from here can help you.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Login_Trouble
I am guessing you guys are both getting the same error notice like this.
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page
- You may also want to see what is the url after you get the permission error, see if there is an extra query in the url like
?restricted or something.
- Check in a different browser to see if you get the same issue.
- Check in a different user with a different user role(make sure you create a test user before deactivating bbPress)
You guys can also test out your themes and plugins in a local test site/test server on your computer to see if you can duplicate the issue there.
Creating a Test Site
Taxonomy:location term:school
I put template taxonomy.location.php in the root of my theme.It works fine in every term page. It can display the first page of the pagination but page 2 gets at 404, page not found.In other words “http://www.domain.com/forums/location/school/” works but “http://www.domain.com/forums/location/school/page/2” goes to “page not found”.
Do I need to edit or add script in bbpress/includes/topics/template.php ?
Both the captcha and the forum search that seems not visible is in Simplepress not bbPress.
Contact Simplepress support if you want to keep using Simplepress instead of bbPress for forums.
I was tracking down a disk full error on my server and I ran across the file bb-config.php
Here is a partial directory listing of my WordPress networked multisite install:
[root@community public_html]# ls -l
total 16162640
-rwxrwxr-x 1 apache apache 16550170624 Oct 7 17:03 bb-config.php
-rw-rw-r-- 1 apache apache 5686 Mar 2 2015 favicon.ico
drwxrwxr-x 5 apache apache 4096 Aug 6 2010 feed2js
drwxrwxr-x 2 apache apache 34 Jul 13 2012 files
-rwxrwxr-x 1 apache apache 9853 Nov 10 2011 glob_deny.rules
drwxrwxr-x 3 apache apache 46 May 6 10:18 http:
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 418 Oct 29 2013 index.php
The top bit of bb-config.php looks to be php code. The bottom bits, revealed with the tail command, are binary.
A config file, or functions file, can’t be 16GB big.
Question:
What is normally stored in this file?
There are a few sites which are using the bbPress system, I don’t want to lose actual student data, but my disk is filling up/full.
Thanks
Dan LaSota
Hi,
First of all, don’t mix the goals of the plugins. Your initial question is about wp-login, so Wangguard and TML are dealing with that.
If you deviate on Antispam Bee and Akismet, then you more talk about checking what is posted, not the posters.
Wangguard is free and SHOULD remain free for small non-profit organizations. See FAQ (https://www.wangguard.com/faq) WangGuard is free during these first months after our launch around the world. Later it will continue to be free for all users with personal blogs that do not exceed 200€ per month in revenue or 6,000 requests per month.
I did not see a specific support question that indicated that Antispam Bee did not work with bbpress, but I never tested.
Pascal.
Thank you for the reply.
I accessed the cPanel and renamed the folder. That allowed me to log back into WordPress admin. However, reactivating the plugin and renaming the folder back to the original name interfered with other plugins and caused the site to disappear (blank screen only) and the dashboard to be significantly altered. We were able to revert back to a backup from earlier in the day, which put the site and dashboard back to normal. We will leave as-is until a developer is able to examine the bbpress plugin more closely.
Thank you again.
Thank you. I found Advanced noCaptcha reCaptcha here.
I could try this.
I am not sure if I could use WangGuard – I am really looking for a good antispam plugin which will work with bbpress. Akismet is usually recommended – but it is for personal use. I am not sure if it is free for non-profits? I read high praise for Antispam Bee but it’s unfortunately not working with bbpress it seems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
@mica123
This is not 100% related to bbpress, but to answer from a personal point, I’m using Theme My Login and Wangguard plugins without issues.
If you really want to code yourself, you could start from https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display?hl=en or similar pages
Pascal.
@mica123 ,
I suppose you refer to bbpress on wordpress ?
You can subscribe to a forum and then you should get emails when a new topic is created.
You can subscribe to topics and then you should get an email when replies are given to the topic.
Hope this answers ?
Pascal.
As much as I tested it, it worked well, but I contacted plugin’s author and he said that there might still be some issues with it and that he will create a plugin/fix for bbPress in near future.
You are a godsend. Without you I would not have been able to put
bbpress together the way I wanted to.
Many thanks.
Have you edited any core files?
Did you see if bbPress works with a default theme and no other plugins activated??
You can try reinstalling bbPress again to see if there is just something wrong with that installation. Do not reset the forums and delete any data, just deactivate and remove the bbPress plugin and reinstall.
Troubleshooting
You cannot do this at the time. There is a ticket to hopefully add this feature to bulk edit topics into different forums in the future.
https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1838
This is where it would be in Topics > All Topics in the WordPress backend, just show/change the parent forum with a dropdown like when you edit a single topic right there.

There have been a few tickets in WordPress itself to make it easier without a workaround with javascript lately so hopefully that will help get this type of feature in soon.
This is most repeated message in error log related to bbpress
http://www.mydomain.com/wp-login.php
PHP Warning: require(/hermes/bosoraweb137/b2961/ipg.mydomaincom/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/sub-actions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb137/b2961/ipg.mydomaincom/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php on line 286
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/hermes/bosoraweb137/b2961/ipg.mydomaincom/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/sub-actions.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php’) in /hermes
Recently I installed bbpress on my website and it worked like a charm . but after few hours my website gave me 500 internal server and after discussing with the hosting company they said it was because of the bbpress . He disabled it and now my website is working properly.
I have the cgi_error_log but its too long for me to point specific detail on it . if required i can go through specific line or can send as a personal mail or attachment to technical team
Any solution or suggestion
I think the plugin bbPress style pack has a shortcode for this type of thing.