Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

pages and format

• xmastrspy
    Participant

@xmastrspy

Hello total noob here. I am having an issue with implementing bbpress forums into WordPress. This is the first time (besides collage 20+ years ago) that I have messed around with websites. So please excuse my ignorance and incorrect terminology.

versions:
    Wordpress 3.2.1
    bbPress 2.5.8
    Theme Tesseract 2
    Turnkey WordPress Vmware virtual appliance ip 192.168.1.230

The problem I am having is:

I created a page that would hold my forums called MOUSE (named it mouse to stop confusing myself) so 192.168.1.230/mouse. On that edit page for mouse, I added a row and inside that that row I have 2 virtual editors widgets. Inside one widget, I have the “bbPress Form list”. In the other widget I have added this bit of code. “[bbp-forum-index]”

When I go to 192.168.1.230/mouse I see a page that has the Page Attributes, forums list, and formatted exactly how I want it. Its when I click a forum topic that everything changes. The URL changes to 192.168.1.230/forums/forums/theforumtopic and all formatting has been lost.

Obviously this is not the behavior I want, but I have no idea how to ask to fix it or what is not working. I know I am not able to easily edit the 192.168.1.230/forum. And by edit I mean not able to add rows and widgets or able to change any page attributes. What I would like is when i go to 192.168.1.230/mouse/theforumtopic that it carry’s forward any type of formatting I did for the page /mouse

No idea if that makes any since to you guys. If it does, can you offer any suggestions or something I could look up to fix the issue? I am not sure what the exact problem is so its really hard to search for an answer! lol 🙂

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar