Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,301 through 12,325 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #172189
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    But do you really have a reply or is there just a counter that says 1, but there is no reply ? If there is no reply, I suspect a theme issue, so try to see in a different theme if you have the same issue.

    If you want to ‘protect’ your forum so that only e.g. administrators and moderators can add topics, then have a look at my ‘bbP Toolkit’ plugin. (note: it works on bbPress forums, not on BuddyPress ones for now).

    Pascal.

    #172186
    Robin W
    Moderator

    that’s interesting, I hadn’t spotted that bbpress did that, I just tested it.

    Let me have a quick look to see if I can work a fix for that.

    #172178
    dev grl
    Participant

    When I set up a user profile by going to my users in WP, is there a way I can make the bbpress forum role dropdown option show up in addition to the general user role dropdown?

    #172168
    originalo
    Participant

    I found an answer that solves my question here:

    Meta Title for Profile Pages w/ Yoast SEO

    For those who want to noindex in particular the replies of all mebers just add

    <META NAME=”ROBOTS” CONTENT=”NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW” />

    to the “user-replies-created.php” in the folder
    wordpress > wp-content > plugins > bbpress > templates > default > bbpress

    #172165
    chackem
    Participant

    I have looked at the function. I even found it in the source code (which of course is the same as above).

    I’m just curious why I’m not getting an array back, as the source code says:

    (array|bool) bbp_get_user_topics_started( $user_id = 0 );

    When I send it 1 for user_id, which I know has created 2 topics, (and those topics are shown on the bbpress profile page), I can only get an boolean back. Is there something I need to do to get an array of topics a user started other than this? Am I using the function wrong?

    Sorry. Still confused.

    Thanks.

    #172160
    Robin W
    Moderator

    if it isn’t still a caching issue, it could be a theme or plugin issue

    Plugins

    Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

    Themes

    If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

    Then come back

    #172153
    Shane Skwarek
    Participant

    Follow up:

    I copied the folder bbpress from:
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default

    Into my theme’s directory and made the necessary changes there and it seemed to resolve the problem.

    Hopefully this helps out other developers in the future!

    #172147
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Yes, switching to non-formal Dutch was another option 🙂
    But I thought Formal was a ‘must’ for you.

    Happy to see you’re fixed, enjoy bbPress.

    Pascal.

    #172146
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #172130
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    I’ve pasted code into functions.php files, almost anywhere I can

    There is only 1 (one) functions.php where you should paste it and that’s the one in your (child) theme.

    all the solutions offered take me nowhere

    I have put all the code that I have on https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/setup-login-for-private-forum/. If you only go for the code, then make sure to deactivate any other redirection and/or security plugins (at least for the test).

    the site is at tec.selwood.me

    You are missing the ‘Email’ label under the forgot your passsword on the log-in page

    Pascal.

    #172129
    wselwood
    Participant

    Ok, so I’m setting up my new bbPress forum and have come across a problem that I just can’t fix. It’s the redirection to the wp-login screen after registration. I’ve scoured these forums and all the solutions offered take me nowhere. I’ve installed 3rd party plugins (like Pete’s) but there is just no changing the redirect. I’ve pasted code into functions.php files, almost anywhere I can, but all it’s doing is going back to the damn wp-login page!

    I am going insane here trying to make this work.

    Latest WP version, latest Lincoln Education WP theme, latest bbPress version and the site is at tec.selwood.me

    #172114
    nit233
    Participant

    Hello, Is there a way to Display Topic Tag Description as Meta Description. That is the way it works in WordPress Tags but unfortunately Meta Name=”Description” is missing in the current version of BBpress.

    #172112
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Have a look at the function description: http://hookr.io/plugins/bbpress/2.5.8/functions/bbp_get_user_topics_started/

    Pascal.

    #172107
    chackem
    Participant

    Wordpress: 4.3.3
    bbPress: 2.5.8

    I’m not sure if this is where I should ask this. I am trying to create my own gui under the author profile in wordpress that combines several different plugin information in one place. I thought bbp_get_user_topics_started() would return an array of the topics a user created, but instead I get boolean true.

    ie: $user_id = 1; $result = bbp_get_user_topics_started($user_id);

    Now it correctly tells me that user_id 1 has created topics, and bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw returns the right number of topics. Am I using this function incorrectly?

    #172105

    In reply to: Hiding Sub-parents

    Robin W
    Moderator

    Ok, you need to amend some templates and put these into your child theme

    https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

    Sub-forum removal

    create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

    where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

    find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    Make a copy of this file, and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    bbPress will now use this template instead of the original
    and you can amend this to remove the sub forums

    line 44 says <?php bbp_list_forums(); ?>

    delete this line and the sub forums will go !

    forum posts

    do the same as above, but for content-single-forum

    and then take out line 26 that says

    <?php bbp_single_forum_description(); ?>
    
    
    #172099
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbpress looks different on every theme so we need to see yours

    So can you

    a) post a url to your site and in particular an example page

    b)state exactly what items you want larger smaller

    #172096

    Topic: bbP Members Only

    in forum Plugins
    BenM
    Participant

    Hi,

    Is it safe to use this plugin which is not updated for 3 years (!)?

    I search a way to restrict all bbpress (forums, pages, uploads) to members only. Is there another plugin or functions to do that ?

    Thanks.

    #172095
    wpdpp
    Participant

    Hello,

    I have BBPress 0.9 on an older website of mine and I would like to upgrade to the current WordPress version. Since my website is a simple static website I was thinking about installing WordPress in the /forums/ directory and add the BBPress plugin.

    Is the above possible?

    Thank you.

    #172091
    cbsyph
    Participant

    1) I’m trying to figure out how to reduce the size of the Heading/Title bar of the forums/topic etc.

    The default is about a 1 1/2 inch thick solid bar. However; the text Forum/topic/post and freshness is about a third of that width. I’d like the title box to be more stream lined rather than bulky as it is…

    I’ve been trying to locate the appropriate CSS file and lines to update but have had no luck.

    2) I assume this is kind of the same formatting issue and can be resolved the same way. Each topic in the forum is allocated about 1 1/2 inches of space to show the topic titel, and its corresponding counts. Again I only need that space to be about 1/2 inch at most.

    I’m aware that its probably most appropriate to use padding and margins to explain what i’m seeing and trying to change. But I’m a novice and figured i used jargon more familiar to me.

    #172090
    blux78
    Participant

    Hi all,

    I’m working on a website (being hosted locally for now) which should have a forum translated to Dutch. I’m following all the necessary steps to my knowledge, have downloaded the stable, 100% completed language files, uploaded them to the correct folder as mentioned on this site, but the translation isn’t kicking in.

    Under Settings in our WordPress Admin panel we have set the language to Dutch (Formal), I read that this isn’t desired because the translation for the forum might not kick in? Should I use the other route instead, adding a line in the wp-config file, pointing to accompanying translation files?

    WP version is 4.4.2
    bbPress version is 2.5.8.

    I hope some of you may recognize the problems I’m having and can steer me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

    Kind regards, Blux78

    #172086
    Robin W
    Moderator

    The code isn’t better, but I wanted to be sure that code itself wasn’t an issue. obviously posting the exact code works, although it doesn’t preform what you wish.

    So back to the gallery plugin author for his help

    I don’t know what giving throttle capability does the dics only discuss the setting

    Throttle posting every
    Set this to the minimum time (in seconds) between posting new replies in bbPress forums. This is useful to help stop spamming or other attempts to interrupt the normal flow of the forum.

    #172078
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Code can go in functions.php of your (child) theme: https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

    Pascal.

    #172076
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi @brad3n,
    When there is a mention of functions.php to add code, it’s always referring to the functions.php of your (child) theme, never inside a plugin.

    https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

    Pascal.

    #172070
    brad3n
    Participant

    @ezhikorn There are a lot of different functions.php files I’m seeing a lot of different folders within the bbPress plugin. Which one specifically do I add it to?

    #172066
    RONO2
    Participant

    I am quiet new to this whole WordPress and bbPress world lol, but I am learning at a very quick pace. I have a blog-style page where my forum is located. Now two things first; Is there a way that I can add an image into the (i believe its called) menu sidebar area of the page my forum is on? Second; is there a way that I can permanently rewrite the forum background color at all to a black background or transparent? I have a black background on my website and then this white box appears with the forum in it. Hopefully pretty easy stuff to fix/or alter. Thanks ahead of time for all the help!

    John “RONO2”

    P.S. Must add that I’m doing this all in a sub-domain visible to only me. So at best I can only provide screen shots.

Viewing 25 results - 12,301 through 12,325 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar