Search
Bottom

bbp_get_user_topics_started

• chackem
    Participant

@chackem

Wordpress: 4.3.3
    bbPress: 2.5.8

I’m not sure if this is where I should ask this. I am trying to create my own gui under the author profile in wordpress that combines several different plugin information in one place. I thought bbp_get_user_topics_started() would return an array of the topics a user created, but instead I get boolean true.

ie: $user_id = 1; $result = bbp_get_user_topics_started($user_id);

Now it correctly tells me that user_id 1 has created topics, and bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw returns the right number of topics. Am I using this function incorrectly?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Have a look at the function description: http://hookr.io/plugins/bbpress/2.5.8/functions/bbp_get_user_topics_started/

Pascal.

chackem
    Participant

@chackem

I have looked at the function. I even found it in the source code (which of course is the same as above).

I’m just curious why I’m not getting an array back, as the source code says:

(array|bool) bbp_get_user_topics_started( $user_id = 0 );

When I send it 1 for user_id, which I know has created 2 topics, (and those topics are shown on the bbpress profile page), I can only get an boolean back. Is there something I need to do to get an array of topics a user started other than this? Am I using the function wrong?

Sorry. Still confused.

Thanks.

berkelmudez
    Participant

@berkelmudez

Just wondering, have you found a way to get back array back of the topics the user started? Stuck on this problem too.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Can you just paste the code snippet ? To comment on that.
    Thanks, Pascal.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar