Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Errors Since install

• ohcrapninja1
    Participant

@ohcrapninja1

Hello,

I installed the latest version of bbpress (2.5.8) and the latest version of WP (4.4.2) and since I installed bbpress any time I try to view or access the forums I get a 404 error. I am using the Postname permalinks and have made sure they are updated. Also I have disabled all other plugins to make sure that they are not the issue.

The link to the forums is here.

I have updated the permalinks and tried everything that I can think of to clear the issue and am not sure what the issue might be.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Right now I can see that your site seems to have a plain permalink setup, which the url to access your forum would be this.

knightsresurrection.com/?forum=guild-info

Are you sure it is set to post name in Settings > Permalinks??

You might have to change it back to post name if it is not set that way and click the submit at the bottom of the page for the settings to update.

You might have to check your htaccess file in the root of your WordPress directory and see if it is even updating.

Also since it seems that your site is a fresh install (like a day 1 install), you can try a reinstall to see if that fixes anything, you would need to reinstall bbPress and BuddyPress again though and configure your settings again. Contact your host provider if you come across the same issue again.

ohcrapninja1
    Participant

@ohcrapninja1

I have set it in permalinks and it is rewriting in .htaccess and all the other permalinks are working, it is just this plug in that is not working. I am hosting on my own server so I do not have a host to contact. But I am not finding any issues in my httpd.conf and mod rewrite is active and working.

Hi,
    I see your forum and topic, so did you solve your issue ?
    Pascal.

ohcrapninja1
    Participant

@ohcrapninja1

You can see it from this URL : http://knightsresurrection.com/forums/forum/guild-info/ because it is not working for me

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar