Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Topic has a default post(reply)

• addisonlegere
    Participant

@addisonlegere

I am trying to not show any reply(post) on the Topic page until someone adds one. The problem I have is that when I create a topic, there is already a reply that shows up.

So the Forum page says there is 1 post already, before anyone has even replied. How do I stop this from happening?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• addisonlegere
    Participant

@addisonlegere

I’m not sure if I was clear. I still show a post number of 1 on the forum page but I did end up using css to get rid of the reply(post) on the Topic page.

.forums .bbp-body bbp-reply-header:nth-of-type(1) {display:none;}
    .forums .bbp-body .bbp-reply-position-1 {display:none;}

Again, that was just to hide the first reply(post/comment) to a topic.
    The goal on the site was to have pre-set Topics as questions that users could reply to. Did not want subscribers to create new topics.

Hi,
    But do you really have a reply or is there just a counter that says 1, but there is no reply ? If there is no reply, I suspect a theme issue, so try to see in a different theme if you have the same issue.

If you want to ‘protect’ your forum so that only e.g. administrators and moderators can add topics, then have a look at my ‘bbP Toolkit’ plugin. (note: it works on bbPress forums, not on BuddyPress ones for now).

Pascal.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar