Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Prompt forum role dropdown for user creation

• dev grl
    Participant

@siqve006

When I set up a user profile by going to my users in WP, is there a way I can make the bbpress forum role dropdown option show up in addition to the general user role dropdown?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hi,
    If you are on the /wp-admin/users.php page, you can select one or more users and then use the dropdown box on top that says ‘Change forum role to…’ and hit the ‘Change’ button next to it.

If you edit a specific user on /wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id=1234 you should find a ‘Forums’ section and a dropdown where you can set the forum role.

Of course you can never change it on your OWN profile.

Pascal.

dev grl
    Participant

@siqve006

Strange when I do that for a user that has not yet had a forum role selected, it does not change it to one for me. Any other ways to achieve this?

dev grl
    Participant

@siqve006

When I go into the bulk list of users to change the role quickly that is. I’m trying to avoid having to go in and edit the user individually because they have 20 required fields that I’m then prompted to enter before I can save the forum role change.

Ahhh, correct, I had already opened a bug for that: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2906

I’m checking if there is a wordaround…

dev grl
    Participant

@siqve006

Shoot ok let me know!

It seems there will be no immediate fix for it… Let me see if I find something else.

dev grl
    Participant

@siqve006

Is there a functions edit or something I could make to create a dropdown option in the create a user section? There is a role selection already there so is it complex to add a forum role option as well?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar