Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Hi All,
I am setting up a site to help me learn, so all this is very new to me so apologies for the silly questions if it seems straight forward to others,
My Site is: martialartsavenue.com
I am using AVADA themed WordPress, vers 5.9.1
I have several plugins installed, including BBpress Version 2.5.14 and BuddyPress Version 4.3.0.Steps to Troubleshoot:
-Spent hours on Google looking for other occurances and found several reports from years ago, and code suggestions, however i do not know how to code and scared it will cause more harm,
-I tried disabling BuddyPress plugins but still no difference.
-Tried creating a noreply@martialartsavenue.com email address in case anything was being sent to that, and confirmed nothing recieved.
-I checked with my host- siteground that they couldn’t see anything being blocked on their Mail systems, nothing appearing to be the cause on their side.
-Tried finding settings where i can add/modify email addresses or Enable/Disable who gets what and can not find.So, I would like to know, is there any fixes for this, or are others getting it as well
-Any other suggestions I could try to fix it with?
-Also, is the Site Admin meant to also get a copy of an email to all new Topics, or just the Creators?
thanks,Topic: bbPress like button
Is there anything available that adds a simple “like” to bbPress, without a lot of additional functionality?
I found a lot of older posts about this, and a number of plugins. But with the exception of “likeBTN” all of the plugins appear not to have been maintained for a long time.
Hi,
After activating bbpress, first time use and install, i get these errors in the admin/backend area:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in ***/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/topics/capabilities.php on line 80
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in ***/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/replies/capabilities.php on line 62
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ***/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/topics/capabilities.php:80) in ***/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196
I have tried to deactivate all plugins exept bbpress but still get this error.
I tried to create a forum but got a bunch og other errors, same kind and the admin area is not vissible, had to go back a step and deactivate bbpress to get the admin area back.
Site is not live yet, under dev.
Ideas/feedback on what might cause this would be great 🙂
Hello,
I have a legacy version of BBPress (0.9.0.2). I was going to migrate to the WordPress version, but that seems difficult plus mine isn’t a WordPress website.
I’d like to ask for your advice: is it safe, security wise to keep this old version of BBPress? What could happen? I have activated several plugins, including the Human Test to keep a tight control over new posts.
I’m also looking into deactivating new registrations/topics and keeping it online as an archive.
Security is my main concern.
Thank you.
I have a large bbPress forum where the wp_postsmeta table is 2 GB! Surprisingly, I’ve not had much trouble hosting that anywhere until I tried Flywheel.
When bbPress is active, trying to log in through /wp-login.php gives me a 503 error and won’t let me into the dashboard. But if I remove bbPress from the plugins folder, I can log in successfully. This is 100% repeatable.
The Flywheel people can log in with their own admin account, but they aren’t a forum “keymaster.”
This site used to be WordPress Multisite but is now its own installation. Server is PHP 7.2.
But this exact same site runs fine when hosted on Liquid Web, or my own server via Centminmod.
Can you give any guidance? Unfortunately, the logs aren’t helpful.
Topic: Add Tags to bbPress Notify
bbPress Notify plugin
Hi, can I add tags that include the author name so that the name of the author can be added to the Notify email Subject line and email body (for both Topics and replies)?
for example: reply author name, topic author name
Is there a simple solution to force the site to ignore bbpress fonts and sizes?
I want bbpress to respect and use the default font and size of the theme.
Preferably in a form of few lines to be added to custom css of the active theme? I would prefer no to create child-theme (I’m using Neve) and definitely do not want to install additional plugins.
My forum: ibf.lv
I have made my forum as light as possible + made it full width and the 1st thing that can’t be ignored are different sizes and font of the forum 🙁
Thank you 🙂
HelmutsHi
When I create a forum I can link it to my related LearnDash course. I have multiple courses, each with its own private forum. The challenge I am having is that when I click on a topic in a forum, either Learndash or bbPress “forgets” which course that topic is linked to – which means any of the course navigation menus that are part of the course then get ‘lost’ too. My Gamipress rules to show specific badges for specific courses also gets messed up with this loss in connection.
How do I link the topics to their respective Learndash courses in the same way I do the forums? When I create the topics I link them to the forums that are linked to the course, however that is not working to keep me in the correct course, when I click on a topic.
Thanks in advance
TimTopic: Need BBpress Help
this is how my forum looks on my website https://lightforge.web.primedtnt.com/forums/ I would appreciate any help in making this clearer to read and understand. I’m looking into finding ways to remove sidebars on forum page, but not until i can read the forum.
Topic: Importing from phpBB 3.2.5
using the added converter that was found here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/fix-for-phpbb3-to-bbpress-conversion-script/
all I get is “Starting Conversion”
Topic: not listing all the topis
hi there,
i have a list of topics in the forum but its not listing all of them.
kindly assist?1) WordPress 5.2
2) bbPress 2.5.14
3) link to my site – http://www.meddirect.co.za/forumsWe have some custom code in the mu-customisations plugin which filters bp_core_fetch_avatar to add a variety of little image overlays to the user’s avatar (e.g. instrument icon, “Team” logo). (mu_add_overlays_to_avatar() in mu-buddypress.php)
This has been working fine throughout the site, but as of today (I suspect with the upgrade of BuddyPress from 2.8.2 to 4.2.0) it no longer works in bbPress discussions.
It does still work correctly in BuddyPress content, e.g. the “login widget” at the top of the sidebar with the user’s own avatar, the activity feed in the sidebar, member profile pages. But in the author info in bbPress discussion posts, the overlays are no longer appearing.
Could you please look into what might have changed here, and why the bbPress template for showing the author avatar seems to no longer be affected by our mu_add_overlays_to_avatar filter? Thanks!
http://prntscr.com/nig5is http://prntscr.com/nig6jw
