Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members pasting text and HTML codes showing

• bdd
    Participant

@bws-online

When members on my site are pasting text into a post, it’s showing up as a bunch of code with HTML tags. If I paste the same text as an admin, it shows up fine. I’d like it to either work for them like it works for me, or to at least strip out the tags and show plain text. Help? Thanks.

For example, they paste text that shows up like this:

<div class=”section-block” style=”margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #fbfbfb; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;”>
    <h2 style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 20px; vertical-align: middle; background: transparent; color: #000000;”>Getting Started</h2>
    <p style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>New to BuddyPress? Not sure where to begin? <i style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>Getting Started</i> is here to help! Everything you need to know about setting up your new BuddyPress powered site is here from installing and activating to setting up Extended Profile fields.</p>

</div>
    <div class=”section-block” style=”margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #fbfbfb; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;”>
    <h2 style=”margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 20px; vertical-align: middle; background: transparent; color: #000000;”>BuddyPress Features</h2>
    </div>

And I paste it and it shows up as normal text (with proper styling/formatting):

Getting Started
    New to BuddyPress? Not sure where to begin? Getting Started is here to help! Everything you need to know about setting up your new BuddyPress powered site is here from installing and activating to setting up Extended Profile fields.

BuddyPress Features

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar