Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress menu items not visible in dashboard

• mcatselfprep
    Participant

@mcatselfprep

I just installed bbpress, but the bbpress menu items are not visible in the wordpress admin dashboard. I tried deactivating all other plugins and even switching themes, but the menu items remain invisible.

Wordpress Version: 5.0.4
    bbPress Version: 2.5.14
    Site: mcatselfprep.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mcatselfprep
    Participant

@mcatselfprep

Also, when I try to directly visit https://mcatselfprep.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=forum, I get the following warning message: “Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.”

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Hmm, it’s possible there is some sort of conflict happening.

It occasionally happens, for instance, that other plugins (or even your theme) generate additional admin menu entries at exactly the same position used by another plugin (in this case, bbPress). In such a case, one will ‘win’ and the other will not be visible. I don’t know that that is what is happening here, but it’s an example of the sort of conflict that is possible.

Do you have a staging or testing site where you can deactivate all other plugins (except for bbPress) and switch to a default theme—do the admin menu items show up then?

Alternatively, you could make use of the (humorously-named, but useful) poopy.life service to generate a brand new WordPress sandbox. It only stays alive for 24hrs, but that would possibly be enough time to see if you can install bbPress and use it successfully in a ‘clean’ environment. If you can, that would again indicate there is some kind of conflict on your live site.

You could even troubleshoot ‘in reverse’ via this sandbox site, by incrementally adding your theme and other plugins and checking to see if any introduce this particular problem.

mcatselfprep
    Participant

@mcatselfprep

As mentioned in my first post, I’ve already tried removing all other plug ins and even switching themes in staging to no avail. 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

I presume the user account you are using has BOTH administrator and keymaster privaledges?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar