Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 12,976 through 13,000 (of 32,573 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #141246
    ibab
    Participant

    I have WordPress 3.8 installed with the bbPress 2.5.2. The WP is in Finnish so it’s important that the forums are in Finnish as well, so I attempted to add the translation file as told here.
    http://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-in-your-language/

    I took the latest dev branch Finnish translation, downloaded the .po and .mo files, renamed them to bbpress-pt_FI, even attempted bbpress-fi_FI, uploaded to /wp-content/languages/bbpress/ but no results. The forums are still in English.

    I also checked that the language is set to fi in the wp-config.

    Why is the translation not working?

    #141244
    craftersuniversity
    Participant

    I apologize for this delayed answer, for some reason i never got any email notification that someone had answered this question, even though i ticked then box. At any rate, i tried your solution, but it did not work. I even deleted all cache and web browser cache, and tried the Twenty Eleven theme without my child theme, but still no dice. When i inspect the page code there simply isn’t a “Secondary” part to it, as there should be in order for the sidebar to appear… Any idea what could be wrong?

    #141234
    AJD
    Participant

    I have tried the plugin that is supposed to do this, but it didn’t work. In frustration I edited the core file: includes/core/capabilities.php But sadly nothing has changed, participants still can not delete their own topics. Clearly I’m missing something.

    
    		// Participant/Default
    		case bbp_get_participant_role() :
    		default :
    			$caps = array(
    
    				// Primary caps
    				'spectate'              => true,
    				'participate'           => true,
    
    				// Forum caps
    				'read_private_forums'   => true,
    
    				// Topic caps
    				'publish_topics'        => true,
    				'edit_topics'           => true,
                                    // manually added this
    				'delete_topics'         => true,
    
    				// Reply caps
    				'publish_replies'       => true,
    				'edit_replies'          => true,
                                    // manually added this
    				'delete_replies'        => true,
    
    				// Topic tag caps
    				'assign_topic_tags'     => true,
    			);
    #141230
    Nathan Hawkes
    Participant

    That code doesn’t seem to be working, at least for me. However, a little more delving uncovered the functions bbp_get_user_topic_count_raw and bbp_get_user_reply_count_raw. Since I want a total post count (topics opened plus replied made), I added the two together and injected my get_the_author_meta(‘ID’) into it, and that comes up. I even checked with having the two separate and it does differentiate between the two sets of posts and seems to work as desired.

    Thanks for your assistance!

    #141225
    Robin W
    Moderator

    Suspect that you ID bit isn’t working, hence you’re getting zeros

    I use a count code to put a total count after the avatar using

    function display_counts () 
    {
    		$post_count = bbp_get_user_post_count( bbp_get_reply_author_id( $reply_id )) ;
    		echo "<br>Total posts : " ;
    		echo $post_count ;
    		echo "</br>" ;
    
    		}
    add_action ('bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details', 'display_counts') ;
    
    

    and that works fine.

    If you doing this for the topic, then $reply_id might be worth having a go at, depends on whether the widget is doing this for the topic, or the last reply !

    Otherwise you might need to actually specify an ID (the codex talks about needing to do this if outside the loop, and your widget would not be displayed within the loop eg as in

    get_the_author_meta(‘ID’,$ID)

    where you have set $ID as the topic user probably in the loop bit.

    Don’t know, but worth having a further play

    #141205
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    I’d suggest taking a look at the bbPress Repair Tool to remap users forums role as it shows pretty much what you are trying to achieve using bbp_set_user_role

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/includes/admin/tools.php#L771

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    That is a little strange, was it only in one particular browser? (IE, Firefox etc)

    Aside from that if you need to have custom templates the best way is to copy the template you need to a subfolder /bbpress of your theme to avoid it being overridden after an update.

    https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

    I’d suggest you copy that form-topic.php template per the above.

    You could also try adding some CSS styling to those labels to make them work better with your theme.

    #141196
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Jillianne, glad you found the issue, it might be worthwhile adding a post to the support section on CodeCanyon here http://codecanyon.net/item/pages-by-user-role-for-wordpress/136020/comments

    p.s. I moved your topic is it was a different issue 🙂

    #141187

    In reply to: Forum Page

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    I just noticed that the permalink is …/forums/forum/… is that normal?

    Yes, the ‘forums’ part is the ‘forum root’ prefix you have set in the settings
    https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/#forum-root-slug

    Then the ‘forum’ is the prefix before a single forum name.
    https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/#single-forum-slugs

    #141186

    In reply to: Forum Page

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    See if this stops your theme from nuking the forum list. Make a copy of your themes full width template eg. page.php file and rename it to bbPress.php then all your bbPress pages will use this template.

    #141184
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    There are numerous ways of doing this:

    You can use a conditional to check is_bbpress()

    Make some copies of your templates for example and make a copy of page.php file and rename it to bbpress.php and call a specific sidebar template eg bbpress-sidebar.php from your bbpress.php template.

    #141178
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Try installing the plugin I linked below and compare the roles of your users in particular ‘keymaster’ to what the defaults should be in the codex.

    https://github.com/johnjamesjacoby/bbp-capabilities
    (Open a users profile from the Users section in wp-admin and scroll down)

    https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Make a copy of your themes full width template eg. page.php file and rename it to bbPress.php then all your bbPress pages will use this template.

    #141176
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    It looks like your theme is stopping the forums from displaying.

    Make a copy of your themes full width template eg. page.php file and rename it to bbPress.php.

    #141174
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Follow the guide here as it looks like your site has been hacked or has some malware there.

    (If you do have plugins redirecting your visitors to ‘other’ sites then maybe your not hacked but I seriously hope you are not doing this)

    https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_My_site_was_hacked , and stop trying to patch up your hacked site. Reinstall or restore your backups. And read https://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

    #141157

    In reply to: WP PAGE

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Use the [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id] shortcode on your page.

    https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

    #141150
    piccart
    Participant

    Hi there!

    Thanx for answering! I’ve read your answer to a similar issue in an old post and I’ve already checked that, but unfortunately it seems that in the new versions, or at least in this installation, the bbpress class is added to the body of the post content and not to the page wrapper, so the sidebar is outside and I can’t target it with that class..

    it’s a bit weird though, cause it seems that the shortcode which calls the forum archive in the post content, is actually overriding the template chosen with the page attributes. it’s set as default template, but in the theme default page should be displayed the default sidebar, and in the forum page is displaying the forum sidebar instead, even if is set on default template and there is just a shortcode into the post content..

    #141145
    jilliannec
    Participant

    Hi Again,

    So after working like crazy I found a plugin that seems to interfere with the permissions somehow with bbPress causing the first post to not display properly.

    This was the culprit:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/pages-by-user-role-for-wordpress/136020?ref=RightHere

    After deactivating the above plugin everything worked as it was supposed to.

    As I still require the functionality of this role restriction to limit access to page content I am investigating other options.

    Cheers,
    Jillianne

    #141141
    PCTP
    Participant

    I have the latest versions of WP & bbPress.

    Looking for short codes for “ACTIVITY” – “MEMBERS” – “GROUPS” to keep it private from the public. i.e., only those logged in will be able to view those three items on the home bar. http://www.PickensCountyTeaParty.com

    Thanks!

    #141136
    Robin W
    Moderator

    Your theme has a full width page option viz:

    Full Width Post

    you can create a page which is full width, and just put this shortcode onto it :

    [bbp-forum-index]

    Then your forum will display full width.

    #141127
    mth75
    Participant

    I solved it like this:

    // add tinymce for BBPress as default editor
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );
    function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
    	$args['media_buttons'] = true;
    	$args['textarea_rows'] = true;
    	$args['dfw'] = false;
    	$args['tinymce'] = array( 'theme_advanced_buttons1' =>'bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,bullist,numlist,code,blockquote,link,unlink,outdent,indent,|,undo,redo,fullscreen',
    'theme_advanced_buttons2' => '', // 2nd row, if needed
            	'theme_advanced_buttons3' => '', // 3rd row, if needed
            	'theme_advanced_buttons4' => '', ); // 4th row, if needed	
    	$args['quicktags'] = array ('buttons' => 'strong,em,link,block,del,ins,img,ul,ol,li,code,close');
        return $args;	
    }
    #141126
    jernatety1
    Participant

    Hello,

    I recently installed bbpress, (this morning). I’ve gotten everything setup but I’m having a problem with the forum titles. Instead of one forum on one line titles seem to be wrapping to the next line beneath.

    Is this something I can fix in CSS as in number of characters per title?

    hockeyfights-video.com/forums/

    Thank you

    #141124

    In reply to: Thousands of revisions

    inspirationally
    Participant

    After deactivating all bbPress related Plugins, it still occured. Now I removed the functions.php and it seems to have stopped and I’m re-adding it one snippet after the other, but I always have to wait half an hour between each snippet to see if it continues. No idea how to test it “immediately”.

    It might be something about this part:

    //Remove bbPress Head on non bbPress sites

    add_action( 'wp_head', 'conditional_bbpress_head', 9 );
    function conditional_bbpress_head(){
    global $post;
    if( !is_bbpress() && !(is_home() && $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == 'deppheads.com') && !(isset( $post->post_parent ) && $post->post_parent == "17123") )
    remove_action( 'wp_head', 'bbp_head' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'conditional_bbpress_scripts', 9 );
    function conditional_bbpress_scripts(){
    global $post;
    if( !is_bbpress() && !(is_home() && $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == 'deppheads.com') && !(isset( $post->post_parent ) && $post->post_parent == "17123") )

    remove_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'bbp_enqueue_scripts' );
    }

    which I added because I have two domains running and just one little part under the domain deppheads is actually the forum, and I did not want all that bbPress code in all sites, especially not on my main site.
    Is that possible??

    #141106

    In reply to: Thousands of revisions

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Ok, this is really weird, I’m out and about at the moment but will take a closer look at this in the morning.

    For now if you want to truly disable revisions you can do so wp-config.php as detailed here:

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Disable_Post_Revisions

    #141103
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Make a copy of your themes full width template eg. page.php file and rename it to bbPress.php and you should be good to go. 🙂

Viewing 25 results - 12,976 through 13,000 (of 32,573 total)
Skip to toolbar