Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebar shows in full-width-page template

• MT
    Participant

@mtmtmcclanahancom

Trying to put forums on a page with full-width-page template–no right sidebar. Reading other Topics here with similar problem, I followed the remedy posted, i.e., I created two php files labeled bbpress.php and buddypress.php with a copy of the full-width-page code in them in my file manager under my theme. Created page for forums and checked the full-width-page.

The page loaded only in default page template, though sidebar widgets not visible. I deactivated bbpress, reactivated, repeated everything, now shows in the default template only but this time widgets showing.

WordPress 3.8 running Twenty Fourteen theme. bbPress 2.5.2. http://mtmcclanahan.com/thepainterstongue/.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Try just leaving the page with the default template as this might be confusing things a little.

(Keep the bbpress.php file with Twenty Fourteens full width page code in it.)

How’d that work?

MT
    Participant

@mtmtmcclanahancom

I’ve been trying different variations of things and I assume that’s probably what you mean by “Try just leaving the page with the default template”. To make it work I had to name the copied “Full Width Page” file “forum.php” (to get rid of sidebar widgets) and to extend bbp over the entire page I added this width to css…

#bbpress-forums {
    	width: 900px;
    	background: transparent;
    	clear: both;
    	margin-bottom: 20px;
    	overflow: hidden;
    	font-size: 12px;
    }

I do also have a bbpress.php file but it doesn’t work alone and haven’t wanted to delete it, just in case, now that the forum.php has resolved things. But again I assume that it’s not needed–the bbp.php file, in my case.

So now that that is done, the “Replies” button in Admin will not open “All Replies”, only the “New Replies”. I started a new topic as this may be unrelated.

Thank you much.

Thanks for the follow up, your right you probably don’t need the bbpress.php file now.

(I replied to your other topic about the admin replies link.)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar