Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,776 through 7,800 (of 32,570 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • Robkk
    Moderator

    It is possible to add custom statuses with this plugin.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddy-bbpress-support-topic/

    Here is an example gist file.

    https://gist.github.com/imath/9e69b8139ff6f7a4120a

    Here is example for Urgent.

    function your_custom_status( $allstatus = array() ) {
    	$allstatus['topic-working-on-it'] = array(
    		'sb-caption'   => __( 'Urgent', 'buddy-bbpress-support-topic' ),
    		'value'        => 3,
    		'prefix-title' => __( '[Urgent] ', 'buddy-bbpress-support-topic' ),
    		'admin_class'  => 'urgent',
    		'dashicon'     => array( 'class' => 'bpbbpst-dashicons-warning', 'content' => '"\f534"' ),
    	);
    	return $allstatus;
    }
    add_filter( 'bpbbpst_get_support_status', 'your_custom_status', 10, 1 );
    #167202
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You did try it like this right??

    if(is_bbpress() && $args->menu->slug == 'sub_header_menu')

    If it still doesn’t work you can try finding the menu location in your theme, which might most likely be in the functions.php file, but it could be different depending on the theme. You would spot by the register nav menu function like what is listed in this page.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_nav_menus

    If you have a free theme I could check it out and get the arguments you need.

    #167199
    Robkk
    Moderator

    This is the CSS causing the issue. You are stretching a 14px image to 40px, that is why it is so blurry.

    #bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
        border: none;
        width: 40px;
    }

    See if the PHP code snippet in this topic can help you resize the 14px avatars better.

    Resizing Avatars

    #167198
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I guess you can try this code instead to see if it works any. I guess I can can also just check out to see if the custom script file name changed. I am using an older version of Divi 2.4 for testing so it could be a possibility.

    You can contact me here if you want me to check it out on your site later.
    Contact

    add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'rkk_reply_threading_divi' );
    
    function rkk_reply_threading_divi() {
    
        if( is_bbpress() && bbp_is_single_topic() ) {
            wp_dequeue_script( 'divi-custom-script' );
        }
    }
    #167197
    mica123
    Participant

    When I use this code without the
    if(is_bbpress() && $args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu')

    it works but I get the links on both menus. Below is the code I tried to use for the second menu only – the second menu is called Logins – I tried to use both sub-header-menu or logins.
    I tried your suggestion with both as well.

    add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'my_nav_menu_login_link' );
    function my_nav_menu_login_link($menu) {
        //uncomment the next line if you only want login on bbpress pages
    
       if(is_bbpress() && $args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu')
        if (is_user_logged_in()) {
            //set the $url on the next line to the page you want users to go back to when they logout
            $url = '$url = 'http://www.mysite.com/forums';
            $url2=wp_logout_url($url) ;
            $loginlink = '<li><a title="Logout" href="'.$url2.'">Logout</a></li>';
            }
        else {
            $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
            $user=$current_user->user_login ;
            //set $page on the next line = the permalink for your login page
            $page=''login' ;
            $loginlink = '<li><a href="/'.$page.'/">Login</a></li>';
                    }
         //uncomment out the next lines if you only want login on bbpress pages
       }
        else {
       $loginlink="" ;
          }
            $menu = $menu . $loginlink;
            return $menu;
            }
    #167195
    klink
    Participant

    Thank you @robkk It didn’t work, but I only have a basic understanding, so I’m not exactly sure if I put the code in the right place in the file. Here is what my functions.php file looks like with the code you provided.

    <?php
    
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
        wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
            get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
            array('parent-style')
        );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    
    register_nav_menus( array(
    	'primary-menu'   => __( 'Primary Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'profile-menu'   => __( 'Profile Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'secondary-menu' => __( 'Secondary Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'footer-menu'    => __( 'Footer Menu', 'Divi' ),
    ) );
    add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'rkk_reply_threading_divi' );
    
    function rkk_reply_threading_divi() {
    
        if( function_exists( 'is_bbpress' ) && bbp_is_single_topic() && bbp_thread_replies() ) 
    
    {
            wp_dequeue_script( 'divi-custom-script' );
        }
    }
    ?>
    
    #167194
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You could post the code you are using so I can double check to see how it is if you still want to do this manually without a plugin.

    #167190

    In reply to: Designing Forum

    Robkk
    Moderator

    There should be forum for each company name.

    Just create a new forum for each company.

    All threads specific to that company needs to be created there.

    You can create group forums with the help of buddyPress or bbPress private groups to enforce this. Other than that just tell users to post there.

    Now on searching city, state, region or holding company related forums/threads should come in results. I want to create menu where in he can click on city and find related company names available in that city.

    Not sure where the city, state, region, holding company data is kept. I am guessing since each company has a forum, that each company’s data could be the city, state, region. I guess create a forum taxonomy for each?

    Then make the bbPress forum search or whatever search you are using for the site to be able to search forum taxonomies?

    I want to create menu where in he can click on city and find related company names available in that city.

    I guess create a custom query?? bbPress has if_has_forums() to be able to do this I guess.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

    I can’t really help any more since this is custom development.

    #167183
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Try using something like the menu slug instead. Just type in the name you entered of the menu in lowercase each space is a _.

    && $args->menu->slug == 'name_of_menu')

    #167182
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Use wanguard for a question captcha. Manually approving users can be done with a plugin listed in this guide or if you use BuddyPress too, a plugin listed in their guide possibly. Approving based on a certain field, I am not sure.

    Theme my login is probably the best to use for frontend forms. bbPress has some form shortcodes you can use but they might not work as great because there is functionality missing.

    Dealing with Spam

    Ingridlin
    Participant

    Hi, I just add the bbpress search code posted above by robkk, and it works too fine Some private topics are also show up. How could I use this search function but not include the private topic. Or maybe it could only shows the topic name but not content. Thanks

    #167176
    mica123
    Participant

    Simple adding a Login/Logout to the menu is an example listed in the bbpress documentation on Layout and functionality examples you can use.
    This solution adds “Login” or “logout” at the end of the menu. I am trying to do that – I have succeeded partially as I have two menus: header and submenu. I would like to add the “Login” or “logout” links to the submenu but failed. If I use the code as it is, it attaches the links to both menus. If I try to qualify the menu in the code it does nothing. I would need the links for both logged in and not logged in users.
    I asked this question before on this forum but have not had a reply. I hope this time somebody will be able to help. Many thanks.

    #167175
    mica123
    Participant

    @sumanthbhe
    copy this code into your functions.php file – preferably in your child theme.

    artstellars.com
    Participant

    Alright. I downloaded an plugin called “Chinese-username” and it works right now which is great! The code is:

    <?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: Chinese UserName
    Plugin URI: http://www.01on.com/?p=654
    Description: 允许用a-z0-9_.-@和汉字作为用户名
    Author: 白云山
    Version: 1.0
    Author URI: http://www.01on.com/
    */
    add_filter( ‘sanitize_user’, ‘ys_sanitize_user’,3,3);
    function ys_sanitize_user($username, $raw_username, $strict){
    $username = $raw_username;
    $username = strip_tags($username);
    // Kill octets
    $username = preg_replace(‘|%([a-fA-F0-9][a-fA-F0-9])|’, ”, $username);
    $username = preg_replace(‘/&.+?;/’, ”, $username); // Kill entities

    // If strict, reduce to ASCII and chinese for max portability.
    if ( $strict )
    $username = preg_replace(‘|[^a-z0-9 _.\-@\x80-\xFF]|i’, ”, $username);

    // Consolidate contiguous whitespace
    $username = preg_replace(‘|\s+|’, ‘ ‘, $username);

    return $username;
    }
    ?>

    The only problem I found is the Chinese username owner can’t update his info. by clicking on his username in the forum page. Whenever clicking on the hyperlink of the Chinese username, it just redirects to http://artstellars.co.nz/forums/users and displaying a message saying “Not Found – Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist. It looks like this was the result of either a mishtyped address or an out-of-date link”.

    But while registering as an English username there’s no such trouble. Hope WordPress or bbpress can consider support Chinese username in the near future. Thanks.

    #167154
    Anonymous User 13893444
    Inactive
    add_filter('bbp_before_list_forums_parse_args', 'ntwb_bbpress_list_forums' );
    function ntwb_bbpress_list_forums() {
    	$args['show_topic_count'] = false;
    	$args['show_reply_count'] = false;
    	return $args;
    }

    where to copy this code?
    someone please guide me.

    #167153
    mica123
    Participant

    Hello

    After experimenting with all your suggestions I think I would like to use the code from
    https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/ #11.This redirects both logged in and not logged in users to specific pages which is what I want.
    This works partially – I am trying to attach it to my second menu – not the primary menu but whathever I try it doesn’t work. If I leave the code as it is, it displays the links on both menus. I tried to use
    if ($args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu')
    in various places such as:
    if(is_bbpress() && $args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu')

    I would need this for both logged in and not logged in users.
    Thank you very much for your patience. I hope you can help.

    #167126
    Henry Wright
    Participant

    Hey @robkk

    This is related to the bbPress function bbp_buddypress_add_notification() which fires on bbp_new_reply.

    Ref: https://github.com/ntwb/bbPress/blob/master/src/includes/extend/buddypress/notifications.php#L98

    #167125
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Okay well what you are seeing the notification I guess is somewhat similar to this message.

    I am sorry but looking over this again, I can see that it could be a possible bug.

    We might need to check for a possible bug though on what you are saying. When the user in the notification is wrong.

    You may not need to go back over there for this, as the bbPress plugin has some code for BuddyPress integration for components like the Notifications one. So it could be bbPress’s code for BuddyPress or something else.

    It is that weird limbo of not knowing where the bug is and who to contact for this for sure though.

    I might need to contact the devs as I am not entirely sure where to even look at to find a bug for this exactly.

    #167119

    In reply to: User profile

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Every user in the forum that creates a reply or a topic their username that displays next to their post has a link that leads to their profile.

    You can also use the bbPress login widget too. Once the user has logged in, their name in the widget is also a profile link.

    You can just create a custom link menu item for each authentication page for your site. You can use the default WordPress Pages.

    Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress backend. Then toward the left side you will see a menu with a list of pages/posts/forums. Right next to all those is a dropdown to add a custom link. Just manually add the URLs of the default WordPress pages below or any other frontend forms you may have already.

    Register
    http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

    Login
    http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php

    Lost Password
    http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen#Custom_Links

    You can also do the other things I listed in your other topic for user to login/register etc.

    Login, Register, Lost Password links

    #167116
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I am trying to say troubleshoot an issue if it could be something else like a theme causing the issue, so switching to a default theme could test that.

    Troubleshooting

    Remember reply pagination does not show up if you have threaded replies enabled.

    Here is a ticket to fix reply pagination in threaded replies, but for now the patch only works for forums that are not hidden or private.

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2785

    #167103
    myndphunkie
    Participant

    Fixed by installing the Custom CSS plugin and adding code to there (that way it over-rides all other CSS)

    #167092

    In reply to: Sidebar Help

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Well since you did not place the shortcode in a page. bbPress is inheriting a template in your theme. And it could be one that you can just modify in your theme settings to include a sidebar or not.

    To fix the issue you can create a bbpress.php file in your theme and just make sure that the sidebar code is inserted.

    Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

    While using the What The File plugin to spot what templates are being used on your forum archive page and also single forum/topic pages, you can see if they are two separate templates being used.
    Or you can just stick to using a sidebar in your theme and not using a fullwidth layout at all on archive/single pages.

    #167091
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Here is some common issues that could create the White Screen of Death issue.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#The_White_Screen_of_Death

    You can try to see if another plugin is also causing the issue with bbPress and your site.

    And you can try to find some debug information on your site by using WP-Debug set to true.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

    #167089
    Robkk
    Moderator

    my apologies for not replying faster.

    Its all good.

    Since I see you do not have a VPS already when using BuddyPress, you may not have enough memory at all on your current plan.

    Having VPS hosting or better is usually recommended if you are going to use BuddyPress. But I guess a small community should be able to handle something like shared hosting.

    Getting Started

    As a test and since the error is related to the Activity component in BuddyPress, you can just try disabling the component in BuddyPress to see if the error disappears.

    For the second error you are getting, hopefully you are not trying to edit the BuddyPress plugin and causing more issues.

    You can also try reinstalling BuddyPress as a last resort to see if that would resolve any issues.

    #167088
    Akawey
    Participant

    Okay, this seems to be an old issue but I’m having the same problem now.
    How about having a shortcode that just does it?
    I didn’t see a bbpress ‘users’ shortcode amongst those listed in the documentation.

    Or is there another fix to this problem…
    @joopstringer where do I add the code you suggested?

    I’m setting up a site and only my admin user page comes up, all others are 404 pages.
    Any help please?

Viewing 25 results - 7,776 through 7,800 (of 32,570 total)
Skip to toolbar