@pathardepavan

Hi All,

I have data as below
    1. Company Name
    2. City
    3. State
    4. Region
    5. Holding Company

There should be forum for each company name. All threads specific to that company needs to be created there. Now on searching city, state, region or holding company related forums/threads should come in results. I want to create menu where in he can click on city and find related company names available in that city.

Can some one guide me how do i design this ?

Thanks,
    Pavan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This really sounds like some custom functionality and you may need to hire a developer for this.

pathardepavan
    Participant

@pathardepavan

@robkk I am a php developer myself but can you guide me on how can i achieve this ?

Robkk

@robkk

There should be forum for each company name.

Just create a new forum for each company.

All threads specific to that company needs to be created there.

You can create group forums with the help of buddyPress or bbPress private groups to enforce this. Other than that just tell users to post there.

Now on searching city, state, region or holding company related forums/threads should come in results. I want to create menu where in he can click on city and find related company names available in that city.

Not sure where the city, state, region, holding company data is kept. I am guessing since each company has a forum, that each company’s data could be the city, state, region. I guess create a forum taxonomy for each?

Then make the bbPress forum search or whatever search you are using for the site to be able to search forum taxonomies?

I want to create menu where in he can click on city and find related company names available in that city.

I guess create a custom query?? bbPress has if_has_forums() to be able to do this I guess.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

I can’t really help any more since this is custom development.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar