Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,701 through 7,725 (of 32,570 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • Dan LaSota
    Participant

    I was tracking down a disk full error on my server and I ran across the file bb-config.php
    Here is a partial directory listing of my WordPress networked multisite install:

    
    [root@community public_html]# ls -l
    total 16162640
    -rwxrwxr-x  1 apache   apache 16550170624 Oct  7 17:03 bb-config.php
    -rw-rw-r--  1 apache   apache        5686 Mar  2  2015 favicon.ico
    drwxrwxr-x  5 apache   apache        4096 Aug  6  2010 feed2js
    drwxrwxr-x  2 apache   apache          34 Jul 13  2012 files
    -rwxrwxr-x  1 apache   apache        9853 Nov 10  2011 glob_deny.rules
    drwxrwxr-x  3 apache   apache          46 May  6 10:18 http:
    -rw-r--r--  1 apache   apache         418 Oct 29  2013 index.php
    

    The top bit of bb-config.php looks to be php code. The bottom bits, revealed with the tail command, are binary.

    A config file, or functions file, can’t be 16GB big.

    Question:
    What is normally stored in this file?
    There are a few sites which are using the bbPress system, I don’t want to lose actual student data, but my disk is filling up/full.

    Thanks

    Dan LaSota

    #167510

    In reply to: reCaptcha question

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    First of all, don’t mix the goals of the plugins. Your initial question is about wp-login, so Wangguard and TML are dealing with that.
    If you deviate on Antispam Bee and Akismet, then you more talk about checking what is posted, not the posters.

    Wangguard is free and SHOULD remain free for small non-profit organizations. See FAQ (https://www.wangguard.com/faq) WangGuard is free during these first months after our launch around the world. Later it will continue to be free for all users with personal blogs that do not exceed 200€ per month in revenue or 6,000 requests per month.

    I did not see a specific support question that indicated that Antispam Bee did not work with bbpress, but I never tested.

    Pascal.

    lyndysmart
    Participant

    Thanks for the suggestion @Robkk, I will check that out. I am also looking at reducing the number of plugins on my site and have been searching for a code type solution for this. Any suggestion in that regards will also be appreciated. Thanks again

    #167507
    sbskamey
    Participant

    Hi, yes, the forum index is using a shortcode.

    I have also done a full reset using the Forum Tools.

    I think I have found the issue. Everything works fine, and everything updates fine, but as soon as I activate the bbP username Plugin, the Forum index doesn’t update with the latest Username (the avatar still updates fine).

    The Username that it gets replaced by is the Admins. But what’s strange is that, the Admins username still links to the new usernames profile. So basically, it’s just the text that’s not updating.

    It’s only when a user creates a New Topic. If a user Replies to a Topic, the Username and Avatar update fine.

    [bbp-topic-index] shortcode also updates fine with Username and Avatar

    Do you have any idea of what could be causing this?

    Thanks again!
    Kam

    #167500

    In reply to: reCaptcha question

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    @mica123

    This is not 100% related to bbpress, but to answer from a personal point, I’m using Theme My Login and Wangguard plugins without issues.

    If you really want to code yourself, you could start from https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display?hl=en or similar pages

    Pascal.

    nikhilnaik
    Participant

    @yavanna, I got my problem sorted by removing the above mentioned code and using the https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-group-email-subscription/ plugin.

    if you could post more details, maybe I can help you out.

    Yavanna
    Participant

    Hi,

    I have a similar problem, though I’m not using any code in my functions file.

    I got feedback from a few participants that they are receiving emails of new replies although they are not subscribed to any of the topics.
    I already checked this and really couldn’t find any subscription to the specific user ID’s.

    It doesn’t make sense to me at all why they’re getting these emails. Would be great, if somebody could help us with this issue!

    #167488
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Have you edited any core files?

    Did you see if bbPress works with a default theme and no other plugins activated??

    You can try reinstalling bbPress again to see if there is just something wrong with that installation. Do not reset the forums and delete any data, just deactivate and remove the bbPress plugin and reinstall.

    Troubleshooting

    Robkk
    Moderator

    I think the plugin bbPress style pack has a shortcode for this type of thing.

    #167481
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You do not need to create a page at all just create a custom link in the menus section to /forums on your site.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen#Custom_Links

    #167480
    Robkk
    Moderator

    See if this custom CSS will help. Add it to your child themes style.css file or in a custom css plugin or wherever you can place custom CSS.

    #bbpress-forums fieldset.bbp-form textarea {
        border: 1px solid #ccc;
    }
    #167474
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    @davidschwartzer,
    Happy to see you are getting where you want.

    To close this from my side, I have found a hardcoded folder name, so that’s probably why the css is not correctly loaded. I see in your source : <link rel='stylesheet' id='bbpmsclosednogrey-css' href='http://appletechtalk.com/wp-content/plugins/bbp-manage-subscriptions/css/closednogrey.css?ver=4.3.1' type='text/css' media='all' /> but most probably your folder is not called ‘bbp-manage-subscriptions’, right ? For this version, please rename the folder under the plugins folder and reactivate. Will be fixed in next version.

    Enjoy bbpress !

    Pascal.

    #167468
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @jrunfitpro

    Sorry for the late reply.

    Since you said it is not a plugin issue causing it and you have done other troubleshooting to see if a code snippet in a theme could be causing it, create a test user, just a participant/subscriber user, then you can deactivate bbPress so I can see the issue you are getting. Contact me through email so that you do not need to post login details on the forum.

    Contact

    @bdsand

    If you have already done some troubleshooting and have not found an issue, you can let me test to see what could be causing the issue too.

    #167458
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Could be an issue with theme compatibility in bbPress. To get around that make a bbpress.php file in your theme.

    Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

    You can see what WordPress conditionals affect what bbPress pages by using the test that is explain in this ticket from the user. Or you can check the theme compat file in bbPress.

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2723

    #167457
    DevynCJohnson
    Participant

    I have tried commenting out the following lines from ./includes/core/filters.php, but without success.

    add_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow',   50   );
    add_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow',   50   );
    #167456
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Would yu be able to tell me what line(s) in the file I would change if I want to go back to a right side bar like the rest of the pages?

    I just edited this gist file so just recopy the code to bring the sidebar back if you do want to use the login widget.

    https://gist.github.com/robkk/b97ff7d7655080cbcaab

    If I ever want to change themes will I still be able to use this file? I suppose I can see if a new theme has issues. If not, I guess I am OK. If I do, can I use this file as is or does it need to be modified for each theme?

    Every theme could be different. Most important the surrounding divs and their classes in simple themes, but it could get more way more complicated in some theme frameworks.

    #167453
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Did you place the forum index shortcode into a static WordPress page?? Does clearing cache fix the issue??

    Troubleshooting

    #167430
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I forgot you are using the Responsive theme and you shouldn’t get the same issue as some other theme frameworks.

    Remove your CSS and use this code for your bbpress.php file. It should work fine and be full width for your bbPress pages.

    https://gist.github.com/robkk/8a2a01a4d0e7d29c9d12

    #167425
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @davidschwartzer

    Your forum urls for each section is weird for some reason. Have you added a slug that is something like this forums/forum for the forum root slug in Settings > Forums in the WordPress backend?

    Your forums archive page is blank and only showing a sidebar login widget.

    appletechtalk.com/forums/

    Yet strangely here is how your forum archive should look like and yet it is in a single forum page. Since this is a single forum page there is a reason there is this notice, as single forums should have topics and not a forum archive. I think you could have possibly echoed a forum index shortcode in the single forum bbPress template?? I am not sure though, I am just guessing.

    Oh bother! No topics were found here!

    appletechtalk.com/forums/forum/forums/

    A single forum page should have this by default.

    yoursite.com/forums/forum/forum-name/

    Or if you have categories

    yoursite.com/forums/forum/category-name/forum-name

    Your topics are fine though.

    appletechtalk.com/forums/topic/notes-not-syncing/

    I am not sure how much template editing you may have done, but can you rename your bbpress folder in your child theme to like bbpress-1 so I could see without any template edits what were your original issues then I can try to help you on that.

    #167424
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Sorry you had to start over, but glad you got bbPress working fine on your site.

    Make sure to take regular backups, so that you do not have to just redo everything and just restore to a previously saved backup.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

    Backing up your Database and Files

    #167422
    mica123
    Participant

    Thank you very much. I did set up the bbpres.php template on the basis of page.php – the same way as I did in my test site. However, this does not work for the user profile at all on the live site for some strange reason. Just now I found a workaround by using CSS – not sure if this is the correct way. But I would really like to know what the bbpress.php works for all pages except the user page. The CSS I used is:

    body.bbp-user-page.single.singular.bbpress div#content.grid.col-620 {
    		width: 100%;
    	}
    
    	body.bbp-user-page.single.singular.bbpress div#widgets.grid.col-300.fit {
         		display: none;
    	}
    

    Please let me have your thoughts.

    #167419
    Robkk
    Moderator

    This might be related to your theme and bbPress theme compatibility. I think what you are experiencing is similar to what other theme frameworks could experience with bbPress.

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2545

    There might be a workaround for this though by using the template you are already using and creating a bbpress.php template from that so that all your bbPress pages you that template.

    Use what the file to find out what template is being used from your theme for the other bbPress pages, then copy that template and rename it bbpress.php.

    Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

    #167416
    Robkk
    Moderator

    The forum search should show up on the forum archive page that is usually yoursite.com/forums by default and I do see it there on your site.

    The input box for the math captcha could just be a CSS issue. Unless you have anonymous posting activated in bbPress, you may need to send me account details for a Subscriber/Participant test user account as I may need to be logged in to your site to be able to even see the captcha.

    Also not sure why you are using bbPress with some other forum software plugin, you could possibly get issues by having them both activated together. If you are just importing from one to the other your simplepress data should stay in your database and you just import all of that.

    You should try some troubleshooting to see if some of the issues could be theme related. Make sure to check in a theme like Twenty Twelve, and also check to see if Simplepress could be causing an issue if you have it activated with bbPress.

    Troubleshooting

    #167414
    Loc Pham
    Participant

    I’m using bbPress’s “favorite” feature as “like” feature in other social networks in my application. Is there a function which would allow me to count the number of users whom “favorited” a topic? I’m also interested in counting the number of subscribed users for a particular topic as well. I’ve looked into /bbpress/includes/topics/templates.php but did not find any and wondering if you’re aware of any.

    Thanks.

    #167402
    oliver_rub
    Participant

    Hey guys,
    i have the problem that moderators in my forum can assign/modify tags at all. According to the bbPress role they should be able to do so. The template checks whether tags are allowed (which is true, since normal users (=participants) and admins can successfully post tags). I tried to fix it with the following code:

    function rub_fix_moderator_tags_capability($allcaps, $caps, $args){
    
    	if($args[0] !== 'assign_topic_tags'){
    		return $allcaps;
    	}
    
    	if(bbp_group_is_mod()){
    		$allcaps['manage_topic_tags'] = 1;
    		$allcaps['edit_topic_tags'] = 1;
    		$allcaps['delete_topic_tags'] = 1;
    		$allcaps['assign_topic_tags'] = 1;
    	}
    
    	return $allcaps;
    }
    add_filter('user_has_cap', 'rub_fix_moderator_tags_capability', 10, 3);

    Not sure whether this approach is correct, since it doesnt solve my problem 😉 Also when i try something like echo current_user_can('assign_topic_tags'); in there as a check, the page doenst load anymore.
    But also I´m a little bit clueless in terms of where to look for a solution. I created a somewhat clean install (just copied over the files, but new db) using the twentyfifteen theme, and there moderators are also not able to post tags. In terms of plugins I only have BuddyPress and bbPress enabled.
    Has someone an idea where to start looking or how to approach this?

Viewing 25 results - 7,701 through 7,725 (of 32,570 total)
Skip to toolbar