Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

When I deactivate bbPress, I cannot log in

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

How can’t you login?

What is stopping you exactly from logging in?

Do you see an error messages in the login form?

Is it redirects or 404s?

Did you try some troubleshooting to see if it was another plugin conflict? It could also be a security or a spam plugin that could cause this type of issue.

Troubleshooting

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

I tried and it’s definitely not another app. It doesn’t take me to a 404 page, it just will not allow me to login. Says I do not have permission.

Only happens when bbpress is deactivated.

Robkk

@robkk

What is your site link so I can see what happens if I log in?

Also send me some test user login details that has the role Subscriber/participant.

Contact

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

It’s workoutanywhere.net and it’s only when I deactivate bbpress.

bdsand
    Participant

@bdsand

I am having the same problem. I deactivated bbpress and now can no longer access the dashboard. There is no error message displayed, the screen simply turns gray and I cannot access anything on the dashboard. I am not even sure how to reactivate the plugin since I cannot access the plugin screen.

Please advise! Thank you.

The site is: http://www.englishhound.com

Robkk

@robkk

@jrunfitpro

Sorry for the late reply.

Since you said it is not a plugin issue causing it and you have done other troubleshooting to see if a code snippet in a theme could be causing it, create a test user, just a participant/subscriber user, then you can deactivate bbPress so I can see the issue you are getting. Contact me through email so that you do not need to post login details on the forum.

Contact

@bdsand

If you have already done some troubleshooting and have not found an issue, you can let me test to see what could be causing the issue too.

bdsand
    Participant

@bdsand

Thank you for the reply.

I accessed the cPanel and renamed the folder. That allowed me to log back into WordPress admin. However, reactivating the plugin and renaming the folder back to the original name interfered with other plugins and caused the site to disappear (blank screen only) and the dashboard to be significantly altered. We were able to revert back to a backup from earlier in the day, which put the site and dashboard back to normal. We will leave as-is until a developer is able to examine the bbpress plugin more closely.

Thank you again.

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

Okay RobKK will do. Hopefully a developer will make a fix for this too.

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry guys was probably tired or something, I should have led you guys to this explaining how to deactivate plugins when you cannot get into the admin panel.

https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F

And @bdsand I should have led you to this for the blank screen, but I am glad you fixed it.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#The_White_Screen_of_Death

As for this issue, bbPress shouldn’t behave like this during deactivation of bbPress.

See if some of the steps from here can help you.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Login_Trouble

I am guessing you guys are both getting the same error notice like this.

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

• You may also want to see what is the url after you get the permission error, see if there is an extra query in the url like ?restricted or something.
    • Check in a different browser to see if you get the same issue.
    • Check in a different user with a different user role(make sure you create a test user before deactivating bbPress)

You guys can also test out your themes and plugins in a local test site/test server on your computer to see if you can duplicate the issue there.

Creating a Test Site

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

Thank you @robkk . Yes, and I think it’s interfering with my membership plugin OptimizeMember which is essentially S2Member.

Robkk

@robkk

@jrunfitpro

Glad you resolved your own issue! 🙂

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

It’s not resolved. Still an issue. I can’t remove my membership plugin @robkk

Robkk

@robkk

You unable to remove it because of some error, or you do not want to remove it??

I cannot really test the optimizepress plugin since it is a premium plugin.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar