Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to show topics

• dtmfcc
    Participant

@dtmfcc

I’m a brand new user, with bbPress 2.5.8 on WP 4.3.1 at http://www.practicesuccesstools.com . Obviously I have lots of styling issues to resolve, but can someone please point me to instructions as to how to show topics, so my one topic so far in Support would show without having to click on the forum.

Thanks so much.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Here is some CSS to fix the avatar issue I see on your forums. Place this custom CSS anywhere where you could like in a child themes style.css file, or in a separate custom css plugin.

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar, 
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
        float: none;
        margin-bottom: 0;
        vertical-align: middle;
        border: 1px solid #ddd;
    }

#bbpress-forums .avatar {
        width: auto;
        height: auto;
        margin-left: inherit;
        display: inline;
    }

As for what you wanted, you seem to have it by making sure a topic does not have a parent post (forum).

You may also need to follow this guide to fix your /forums index page, instead of doing the workaround that you have already.

Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

dtmfcc
    Participant

@dtmfcc

Thanks so much for the custom CSS. That works great

I’m afraid I still don’t understand how the forums are working. I was able to create a test post to the generic Forums , rather than being restricted to one of the 3 sub-forums. I want postings to only be allowed on one of the 3 sub-forums. Can you tell me how to fix that?

Robkk

@robkk

rather than being restricted to one of the 3 sub-forums. I want postings to only be allowed on one of the 3 sub-forums. Can you tell me how to fix that?

Is this still about only showing one topic without clicking a forum or something else??

dtmfcc
    Participant

@dtmfcc

No, what i’m trying to say is that when I went to create a test post, I was able to post to the generic Forums page. I don’t want people to be able to do that. I want them to only be able to post one of the 3 sub-forums.

Here’s the test post
    http://www.practicesuccesstools.com/forums/topic/test-topic/

I hope that helps. This is more complicated that I thought it would be, but I’m sure once I get the basic format worked out, it should be fine.

Thanks for your help,

Deborah

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar