Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

replying to topic issues

• stewagner
    Participant

@stewagner

I have a problem: clicking the reply botton on the “reply to:” page just reloads the page. I also deactivated all plugins besides bbPress and tried at least 8 different themes.

The page is brand new and the “reply” button never worked so I don’t have a backup to restore.

The site is hosted by one.com and I must admit I don’t understand iJamesPine “duplicator local host” solution in the previous post.

In order not to confuse users I hid the reply button now with CSS and suggested to reply via the topic link but this is a poor dirty workaround.

Has anybody got an idea?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• stewagner
    Participant

@stewagner

… of course I also tried deactivating all CSS rules AND all plugins besides bbPress at the same time with no effect.

Here is a “reply to:” link:
    rover.swiftease.de/reply/325/

I activated the reply button (“Antwort”) again for your testing.

Robkk

@robkk

Haha sorry I didn’t notify you that your post has been split.

I assumed it is different from the topic you posted in, that is why I split it it into a new topic in the first place.

The refreshing when you click the reply link I think is normal. And when I tested it on your site, it does indeed drop down to the reply form to create the reply.

The link you posted of the reply, only leads to a single reply post not inside of the topic or near the reply form, so the reply link of course would not work in that case.

@stewagner, what browser you use ?
    Somebody reported a similar issue with Safari on MacOS.
    Pascal.

stewagner
    Participant

@stewagner

…thanks for testing Rob.
    The link is created and sent by “bbPress Notify (no-Spam)”.
    Another Plugin “bbPress Notify” uses the same link.
    I know it is still possible to make a post, it is just complicated to first go back to the topic then scroll down dozenzs of replies before one can stake a new one.

Do you know of any way to notify a group of registered users about new topics and replies with an email that allows a direct reply?

I use Firefox but IE is not different.

Robkk

@robkk

@stewagner

I had a feeling you were using that plugin, that is why you linked to the single reply post.

There is a little shortcode you have to change in the plugins settings for the notification. It should have it this way by default, but it does not. Might need to contact the plugin author to set that as the default setup.

I think you have to change [reply-url] with [reply-replyurl] in the plugins settings. It adds the settings to bbPress default settings in Settings > Forums.

stewagner
    Participant

@stewagner

Hi Rob,
    exactly that has been the solution – thank you !!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar