Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in/Register

• chigoziekyrian
    Participant

@chigoziekyrian

please how can i edit this link under posts for logged out users (You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in/Register)

or how can i edit it to change the redirect url to a specific registration page, not the default one that loads either on ajax or javascript. Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hi,
    To remove the messages above and below, you could use CSS like:

.bbp-template-notice {
    			display: none;
    		}

or use a plugin like bbP Toolkit.

To change the message so it includes the standard bbPress login, you would have to copy ‘bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php’ to your child theme and then adapt the file. On line 175 add:
    <p> <?php echo do_shortcode ('[bbp-login]') ; ?>
    so that it becomes:

<p><?php is_user_logged_in() ? _e( 'You cannot reply to this topic.', 'bbpress' ) : _e( 'You must be logged in to reply to this topic.', 'bbpress' ); ?></p>
     <p><?php echo do_shortcode ('[bbp-login]') ; ?></p>

If you want to do something different, this is anyway the place to start from.

Pascal.

chigoziekyrian
    Participant

@chigoziekyrian

copy ‘bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php’ to your child theme and then adapt the file

please what is child theme, and what do you mean by me adapting the file??

am sorry for my ignorance, thanks so much for the reply

Hi,

What you want to obtain is not just a basic setting in bbPress that you can switch on. It requires changing one of basic php files. As the golden rule is to never change any bbPress files directly, there are different ways of coming to what you want, in this case it would be copying the file from the bbPress folder/directory and modifying it. Information on creating a child theme can be found on the codex: https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

Hope that helps,
    Pascal.

Vickymedia
    Participant

@vickymedia

Hello,

For Login and Register I am using URL in the menu provided in BBpress documentation and are working fine with Conditional Logic but for Logout What URL Should I use in Menu? or How can I setup Logout?

Thanks,
    Vicky

Hi Vicky,
    Does this help ?
    <a href="'. wp_logout_url() .'">Log Out</a>
    Pascal.

Vickymedia
    Participant

@vickymedia

Hello,

Thanks for a quick reply but can I add the above code in Custom URL in Menu in wordpress ?

or where exactly should I use it in which file. and any con ditional logic to be implemented ?

Thanks,
    Vicky

Vickymedia
    Participant

@vickymedia

Hello,

It did not work when I use ‘. wp_logout_url() .’ in custom URL in wordpress Menu Section.

Thanks,
    Vicky

milosrajkovic22
    Participant

@milosrajkovic22

I found that post very useful.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar