Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,801 through 12,825 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #170539
    jessicana
    Participant

    Hello

    I want to prevent user role with participant from creating new topics. By default, registered users are given the participant role. I want the forums to be organized and if I allow everyone in they will mess the forums.

    I read this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/prevent-users-from-creating-topics/

    But it’s no longer applicable to the current version.

    I tried this fix:

    .bbp-topic-form {
    	display: none;
    }

    But it’s incorrect because users will not be able to edit their replies and it affects the functionality of forums.

    Please help!

    #170537
    Robin W
    Moderator

    link to your site please

    and

    It could be a theme or plugin issue

    Plugins

    Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

    Themes

    If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

    Then come back

    #170535

    In reply to: Forum design

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    haans
    Participant

    I have installed bbpress and user able to login and change a password via a “generator” button. It generates a random password and email to user. All this are done in the edit profile page.

    However I’d like a user upon login to allow them to edit profile and change to a desired password. If possible also prompt them to enter old password before proceeding.

    #170531
    woklet
    Participant

    Trying to import a very large bbpress 1.2 forum to the latest. As I understand it, the converter essentially reads through all topics, replies and forums and creates a new post of type “forum” in the main WP database.

    My issue is that this forum has approx. 520k topics and many, many more replies. The furthest the import process has managed to get has been 67k posts imported before timing out or dying in some unshown way. This is running on a dedicated server with 4GB RAM which runs nothing else.

    Short of me rewriting the converter so it’s pure scripting and doesn’t run in WP, is there some way for me to speed this up and make sure it doesn’t die? To recap, it’s died in the following ways:

    1) got to 67k, ended in ———- : AFAIK from reading, this is due to login timeout. I’ve solved that by auto refreshing the dashboard page

    2) Says “starting conversion” hangs there indefinitely : logging that I’ve put in place indicates that inserts are happening but nothing is coming through on the WP log window. This eventually dies as well.

    Any advice would be great – I’m not sure if @netweb is still around but if yes, please help 😀 I’ve read all your posts to other people on this sorta topic.

    #170530

    Topic: Sidebar issue

    in forum Troubleshooting
    krlgroupfl
    Participant

    Hi everyone,

    I was trying to read some topics on this, but couldn’t get it to work. I am working on:
    http://independentflorida.com/forums/forum/presidential-election/

    I am trying to get the bbPress sidebar (like on the main forum page) to apply inside each forum and each topic. I tried to go through #26 on the codex link without using a plug in. I’ve also tried WP Tweaks. I would like to fix it with as few active plugins as possible.

    It seems to me like the problem is the page set to full width, but I’m not an expert. I’m hoping someone can help me go in the right direction. Thanks!

    Greg

    #170529
    Serchgdl
    Participant

    Any ideas?

    This is my site http://doggeando.com
    Wordpress 4.4.1
    bbPress 2.5.8

    #170521

    In reply to: bbPress Breaks My Site

    You’re right.

    I went through and deactivated all of my plugins again, but this time I activated bbPress first, and I discovered that the issue is being caused by a conflict with the WooRockets Pagebuilder plugin. All is well now that I’ve deactivated the page builder.

    Thanks

    rkastudio
    Participant

    Hi, I am integrating bbPress and BuddyPress and want users to be able to update their public name in one place–the BuddyPress name field. It seems the simplest way would be to modify bbPress to show this BuddyPress field rather than one of the myriad WordPress profile fields.

    I know it’s kinda possible to get this to work if you turn on BuddyPress->WordPress profile sync, but this feature of BP overwrites WP first_name and last_name, which is unacceptable in this site. Does anyone know how to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

    Thanks!!

    #170508

    Guys, I’m having a major problem with bbPress on my site.

    If I have bbPress activated, I can’t do ANYTHING in the wordpress admin (Create, Edit, or Delete Posts, Pages, etc). bbPress is slowing my site down to a crawl. It’s so slow, that the page eventually just times out.

    This has to be a flaw in the bbPress code, because there’s no reason why bbPress should be running on every page of the wordpress admin. That’s incredibly ineffecient on your server resources.

    Can someone please help me fix this problem?

    Thanks,

    #170506
    Serchgdl
    Participant

    Good day, excuse my English. I am new to bbPress, and I’m looking for a way to make my forum posts appear in the search results box finder wordpress, this is that all the results of my site appear in one box. Is there any way?

    Thanks in advance

    #170503
    jezza101
    Participant

    OK, so it looks like the request is for member views, which means logged in users. That is much easier to identify.

    The problem is that this is a fairly niche case, it’s unlikely that many users of this plugin want a count of members only.

    I could add it is an option but then the plugin isn’t really “simple” any more. Let me have a think about it 🙂

    @devyncjohnson That’s a great idea by the way. I like the idea of a little panel on the main dashboard with a few stats. Let me have a think about this.

    The plugin hasn’t been updated because it hasn’t really needed any changes, as far as I know it still works and the idea is to keep it simple. But some admin stats is a neat idea. I love the idea of core bbPress having view counts but bbPress development has ground to a halt, which is disappointing especially after a bunch of us stumped up some cash to support the further development of bbPress.

    #170501
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    “bbPress doesn’t work”, but I see a lot of stuff on http://indonesianvillages.com/forums/ !
    So you will have to detail more.
    Pascal.

    #170500
    monsieurbgs
    Participant

    Hi Pascal..

    i have another website using bbpress plugin with the same theme..and bbpress works fine..
    But..bbpres doesn’t works on this website (www.indonesianvillages.com).

    Have any suggestion?

    Best Regards,

    Bagus

    #170497

    Topic: Search functioanlity

    in forum Plugins
    mohi
    Participant

    Hello,

    I am newbie to use WordPress.
    I implemented one website and used bbpress for forums.
    But I want to do
    When people could type a sentence in a search bar and it would pull up word phrases and such for past posted topics in search bar. In short I want auto search or auto suggest search bar functionality in bbpress forum’s search.

    For auto topic suggestion I used ‘bbPress – Live Topic Suggestions’ this plugin Version 1.0.9. Its working when user is going to post new topic at that time existing topic’s list will display.

    but I want auto suggestion in case of search of forum, when people start to type word that words related suggested topics or forum name should list come in dropdown.
    is it possible ? Please, help me. Thanks

    Wordpress Version 4.3.1
    bbPress Version 2.5.8
    Thanks

    Please

    #170491
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Bob,

    If you want it the easy way, install my bbP Toolkit where you can change the separator to new line.

    If you don’t feel in adding extra plugins, check item 1 on https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/

    Pascal.

    #170490
    BobHatcher
    Participant

    Latest WordPress is up to date, bbpress 2.5.8, Divi theme

    Using the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] my forum structure appears on the page as

    Forum
    Subforum 1, Subforum 2, Subforum 3

    How can I get it like this?

    Forum
    Subforum 1
    Subforum 2
    Subforum 3

    #170487
    Doggins
    Participant

    Hey there,
    I’d like to import Mingle Forums in to BBPRESS
    But there is no ‘Forums’ option under Tools.

    Have tested a different server, different theme – same problem. Anyone else having the issue?

    Any ideas?

    #170485
    thelaw
    Participant

    I’ve noticed that this topic is a year and change old but it concerns the phpbb importer. My brief review of the fields would seem to indicate that field names have changed and it’s why I have generated the errors below. There is no forum_topics field and the topics in phpbb3 have their own table and are assigned to a forum using topics.forum_id. I don’t know what the phpbb 2 database schema but apparently it is different.

    Nick – were you ever able to get it to work or did you have to outsource the work? It would probably be a good idea for WordPress to let users know as to the compatibility of the converter with the version of phpBB currently able to be converted. Thanks for any insights.

    Imported phpBB, where are the forums?

    #170482
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Ah now it’s clear. You can check this topic that will help you out: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/tittle/
    Pascal.

    #170472

    In reply to: I need your help.,

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #170470

    In reply to: Two forum index pages?

    najuste
    Participant

    Problem is the same, but design is from WordPress.. and the website now is on my local mashine.
    Here is the php of created bbpress.php
    Code is really simple:

    <?php get_header(); ?>
    	<div id="primary">
    		<div id="content" role="main">
    
    			<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
    				<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
    					<?php get_template_part( 'content', get_post_format() ); ?>
    				<?php endwhile; ?>
    				<?php twentyeleven_content_nav( 'nav-below' ); ?>
    			<?php endif; ?>
    			
    			</div><!-- #content -->
    		</div><!-- #primary -->
    
    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

    But the two pages look different..

    Website crop

    Looking at html I have noticed, that newly created page has a different body class assigned and so is not recognized as bbpress forum archive page, but rather as a page..
    <body class="page page-id-902 page-template page-template-bbpress page-template-bbpress-php custom-background single-author singular two-column left-sidebar">

    The breadcrubs issue I have noticed just when I read this..
    As that I guess will get fixed after the the page will be understood as forum archive page..

    #170455
    lotusdakiny
    Participant

    Ok, problem solved 🙂 I had deleted bbpress plugin, after (because of there are was still bbpress roles, and I think that was a problem cause) I had used https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-role-deleter/. After installed bbpress back, and now everything works fine 🙂 thank you!

    #170454

    In reply to: Missing menu items

    lotusdakiny
    Participant

    Ok, problem solved 🙂 I had deleted bbpress plugin, after (because of there are was still bbpress roles, and I think that was a problem cause) I had used https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-role-deleter/. After installed bbpress back, and now everything works fine 🙂 thank you!

    #170446
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    bbPress works with Categories and Forums for the main structure, could you maybe explain what you plan to obtain ? Because you could easily create a structure of Category>Category>Forums.
    I did not check how easy it is to have implement it, but if you really want this, check how to add a WordPress custom type, that will be your starting point.
    Pascal.

Viewing 25 results - 12,801 through 12,825 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar