Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Imported phpBB, where are the forums?

• thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

So I imported phpBB, ran the fixes and recounts after and am wondering… where are the forums? I was assuming they would be automatically created from the import. I don’t see anything in the Forums area of the control panel although the mysql script seems to appear to have run. The instructions are unclear. Thank you all in advance.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

So I look at the database and the importer imported all replies, no forums and no topics, leaving us with about 7,000 replies without a forum or a topic. This is not optimal to say the least. Does the phpBB importer still work?

thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

Constant errors. No users to convert. No forums to convert. Kicks me into repair but nothing to repair. Ran it again and got:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘topics.topic_replies’ in ‘field list’]

SELECT convert(topics.topic_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_id,convert(topics.topic_replies USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_replies,convert(topics.topic_replies_real USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_replies_real,convert(topics.forum_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_id,convert(topics.topic_poster USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_poster,convert(posts.poster_ip USING “utf8mb4”) AS poster_ip,convert(posts.post_text USING “utf8mb4”) AS post_text,convert(topics.topic_title USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_title,convert(topics.topic_status USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_status,convert(topics.topic_type USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_type,convert(topics.topic_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_time,convert(topics.topic_last_post_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS topic_last_post_time FROM phpbb_topics AS topics INNER JOIN phpbb_posts AS posts USING (topic_id) WHERE posts.post_id = topics.topic_first_post_id LIMIT 0, 100

No topics to convert

No forum parents to convert

thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

Clicked: Purge all information from a previously attempted import
    Use this if an import failed and you want to remove that incomplete data.

Tried to start again. That deleted all the replies. This seems to be the issue:

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘forums.forum_topics’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT convert(forums.forum_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_id,convert(forums.parent_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS parent_id,convert(forums.forum_topics USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_topics,convert(forums.forum_posts USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_posts,convert(forums.forum_topics_real USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_topics_real,convert(forums.forum_name USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_name,convert(forums.forum_desc USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_desc,convert(forums.left_id USING “utf8mb4”) AS left_id,convert(forums.forum_type USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_type,convert(forums.forum_status USING “utf8mb4”) AS forum_status FROM phpbb_forums AS forums LIMIT 0, 100

If we’re talking about the phpbb database, this is because forum_topics doesn’t exist in the phpbb datatabase. Perhaps it did in version 2 but I don’t see that being the case in version 3. As a result, I’m wondering if anyone has successfully converted any phpbb 3 forums.

Brandon Allen
    Participant

@thebrandonallen

Are you using phpBB 3 or phpBB 3.1? The changed happened between the two it would appear. 3.1 support is on the horizon, but there’s no specific release date at the moment.

Make sure your using the correct database prefix, most phpBB tables will be named something like phpbb_posts, in that case the database prefix is phpbb_

If you are importing from phpBB 3.1 then you can test the new importer via our bbPress “development version” aka bbPress 2.6 alpha, theres some new import improvements, you can get this from the following page or direct link:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

Trike27
    Participant

@trike27

Good day,

do you know when BBPress 2.6 is released with the improved import for phpBB 3.1-Forums?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Hi,
    As everybody is volunteer, it depends on the time that developers and testers can spend on bbPress. Only when the product is considered ready, it will be moved to stable.
    We are all hopeful that it will be soon.
    Pascal.

Trike27
    Participant

@trike27

Thanks!

Trike27
    Participant

@trike27

Is it possible to install bbPress 2.6 to import a phpBB 3.1 and then downgrade bbPress to stable 2.5.8 (if necessary)?

Thanks
    Martin

I think so, I doubt you’d have to downgrade though 2.6 is pretty stable and hopefully be released really soon 😉

Trike27
    Participant

@trike27

Import worked perfect, thank you!

Awesome 🙂

thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

Apologies on the late reply everyone. I’m using 3.1, latest version (for if you’re not, it’s like WordPress and you will get hacker bots scanning for old versions.) Unfortunately that seems to be the issue. Thanks @Brandon and @Stephen for your assistance. Table prefixes were properly used. I’ll have another go at it again but I’m pretty sure I was using latest version of WP and BBpress in order to do the conversion.

elawrenc01
    Participant

@elawrenc01

Hi,

PHPBB is now on 3.22 . Apparently a bunch of the table columns have changed.

I’m willing to install bbpress 2.6 to see what happens, I have installed a test wordpress site, but I can’t seem to find where to download it.

Any info about converting a 3.22 PHPBB database?

elawrenc01
    Participant

@elawrenc01

I am also willing to contribute some time to help move this forward if manpower is an issue.

elawrenc01
    Participant

@elawrenc01

Ok, I did a bit of searching and found 2.6 rc-5. I can work with this.

elawrenc01
    Participant

@elawrenc01

Just an update, I was able to successfully import a PHPBB 3.22 database into Bbpress, including users. I hope to try it again with a bigger database, but so far, so good.

evelioml3
    Participant

@evelioml3

Hi All !!
    I have upgraded phpBB 3.0.4 to 3.2.8 recently following steps on Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2

When trying to import to bbpress 2.5.4 on a WP 5.2.3 I get this message:

Error en la base de datos de WordPress: [Unknown column 'forums.forum_topics' in 'field list']
    SELECT convert(forums.forum_id USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_id,convert(forums.parent_id USING "utf8mb4") AS parent_id,convert(forums.forum_topics USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_topics,convert(forums.forum_posts USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_posts,convert(forums.forum_topics_real USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_topics_real,convert(forums.forum_name USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_name,convert(forums.forum_desc USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_desc,convert(forums.left_id USING "utf8mb4") AS left_id,convert(forums.forum_type USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_type,convert(forums.forum_status USING "utf8mb4") AS forum_status FROM phpbb_forums AS forums LIMIT 0, 100
    No hay foros que convertir
    No hay datos que limpiar

Effectively column forum_topics was on table forum in phpbb version 3.0.4 but it is not anymore on phpbb version 3.2.8.
    Script to import from phpbb must have a bug or expect a different database structure for phpbb.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar