Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,776 through 12,800 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • tonycntr
    Participant

    Hey there,

    I have made some changes in bbpress/includes/core/capabilities.php

    The changes alter the capabilities of roles.

    I wish these changes to survive updates. So I would like to include these changes in the file functions.php of my child theme.

    Changes are in bold:

    Change 1
    // Moderator
    case bbp_get_moderator_role() :
    $caps = array(

    // Primary caps
    ‘spectate’ => true,
    ‘participate’ => true,
    ‘moderate’ => false,
    ‘throttle’ => true,
    ‘view_trash’ => true,

    // Forum caps
    ‘publish_forums’ => false,
    ‘edit_forums’ => false ,
    ‘read_private_forums’ => true,
    ‘read_hidden_forums’ => true,

    // Topic caps
    ‘publish_topics’ => true,
    ‘edit_topics’ => true,
    ‘edit_others_topics’ => true,
    ‘delete_topics’ => true,
    ‘delete_others_topics’ => true,
    ‘read_private_topics’ => true,

    // Reply caps
    ‘publish_replies’ => true,
    ‘edit_replies’ => true,
    ‘edit_others_replies’ => true,
    ‘delete_replies’ => true,
    ‘delete_others_replies’ => true,
    ‘read_private_replies’ => true,

    // Topic tag caps
    ‘manage_topic_tags’ => true,
    ‘edit_topic_tags’ => true,
    ‘delete_topic_tags’ => true,
    ‘assign_topic_tags’ => true,
    );

    break;

    Change 2

    // Participant/Default
    case bbp_get_participant_role() :
    default :
    $caps = array(

    // Primary caps
    ‘spectate’ => true,
    ‘participate’ => true,

    // Forum caps
    ‘read_private_forums’ => true,

    // Topic caps
    ‘publish_topics’ => false,
    ‘edit_topics’ => false,

    // Reply caps
    ‘publish_replies’ => true,
    ‘edit_replies’ => true,

    // Topic tag caps
    ‘assign_topic_tags’ => true,
    );

    break;
    }

    return apply_filters( ‘bbp_get_caps_for_role’, $caps, $role );
    }

    How can I include them in the file functions.php of my chid theme? Thank you very much in advance

    #170598
    bruce30
    Participant

    hi Pascal,
    i posted this topic on buddypress. and buddypress guy. pass me back here at bbpress. im now in cofuse. where should i go?. please help. .

    Bruce

    #170595
    mohi
    Participant

    Hi Casipea,

    I have one button “New Topic” When I click on that I open new page which is added from pages admin section in that page only shortcode added “[bbp-topic-form]” . and this page only for paticipants.
    Sometimes new topic added successfully sometimes not mostly not added

    And on other page where we listing all topics and at bottom there is one form for new topic add.
    From this new topic is not going to add sometimes added.
    Wordpress : 4.3.1
    BBPress: bbPress 2.5.8-5815.

    #170594
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    If you are looking for buddyPress, then you are not on the right support forum.
    If you want to add a forum and you look for bbPress, then we can help you further. The basic steps for installing are here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/
    If anything is not clear, just get back and open another thread.
    Pascal.

    #170590
    bruce30
    Participant

    hi @robin-w, 🙂
    thank you for your response,
    i like the plugin that you have suggested. but this is not what i mean. its a button (Forums) that you can see in your personal profile and in group forums, you know i use buddypress for profile and bbpress for forums.

    #170585
    Robin W
    Moderator

    The best way would be to create a new role, and not give it the create topic capability

    see

    https://codex.bbpress.org/custom-capabilities/

    and give it :

    // Topic caps
    ‘publish_topics’ => false,
    ‘edit_topics’ => false,
    ‘edit_others_topics’ => false,
    ‘delete_topics’ => false,
    ‘delete_others_topics’ => false,
    ‘read_private_topics’ => true,

    #170581
    TheMusicianGirl1
    Participant

    Hi there!

    I use bbpress along with the Optimize Press theme. It has always worked great.

    However, recently, the index shortcode has stopped displaying properly. Instead of a nice, neat little box that listed all my forums, it is now sprawled out all over the page. What is going on, and how do I fix this?

    You can see what I mean here: http://www.themusiciangirl.com/community-forum/

    Thanks so much,

    Maya

    #170577
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #170576
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #170575
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    With bbPress the only way to do this is with “private” or “hidden” forums

    • Public – Anyone can see these forums
    • Private – Only logged in registered users can see these forums
    • Hidden – Only Moderators/Admins can see these forums

    Are you using private forums?

    If not maybe your using a membership type plugin to prevent users who are not logged in from seeing the forums?

    #170574
    kstratis
    Participant

    SESAME Net Forum


    wordpress 4.4.1 – bbpress 2.5.8 – ultimate member 1.3.35
    on profile page of every user the site gives 404 page not found.
    After the bbpress instalation the wordpress use this custom structure
    /index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

    thanx

    #170573
    ZivotsRS
    Participant

    Yes, it is a several custom fields in the profile (place of residence, family, interests, about the disease, etc.)
    Everything I have prepared in the form of Ultimate Member, but do not know how to assign a profile form bbPress. When I enter shortcode, Displayed only the word “text”.
    Vendulka

    #170571
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    The best way is to create a child theme (see https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/).
    If you don’t want to do that, find the functions.php in your current theme and add it at the end. Of course when you update your theme, you will have to do this action again.
    Pascal.

    #170570
    ZivotsRS
    Participant

    Please Councils – use bbPress 2.5.8, extension Ultimate Member 1.3.36, Ultimate Member – Online Users 1.1.0, Ultimate Member – Profile Completeness 1.1.9 (on their website, I found the answer).
    When specify a custom of profiles field, fail to show it to me nowhere. I tried insert a shortcode in several placesbut no success. Still I do not know what I’m doing wrong.
    I guess I have something set a wrong, but I do not know what.

    For any advice, I would be grateful, Vendulka

    #170568
    mohi
    Participant

    Hello,
    Wordpress is new for me.
    I implemented bbpress forum in my wp webiste.
    but I am getting same problem.
    Please anyone tell me location of file where to put Satrya’s code ?
    Satry’s told to put it in functions.php but which functions.php ?
    Because,there are a lot of functions.php in plugin/bbpress/admin,plugin/bbpress/user
    I put that code at bottom of plugin/bbpress/user
    but did not worked.
    Please, help me
    Thanks

    #170567
    woklet
    Participant

    Thanks – I’ll take a look at those, perhaps run it in parallel on another machine to see which is going faster. I won’t fiddle with the current box just in case. Current projections show it’ll take around 5.5 days to complete which is a bit rough but the client is happy with it so I’ll let her ride 🙂

    It’s quite a process from what I can see – basically converting each bbpress post to a wp post and then adding post metadata and working out all the relationships. I may write a script to run it for the hell of it while I’m waiting.

    IAveryI
    Participant

    Hello there lovely Community&Devs,

    Since i update bbPress last weekend. Not logged in users are able to view the forums.
    Id like to prevent that but havent found an option via the Dashboard.

    Can someone point me in the right direction/to the right file so i can prevent not logged in users from viewing the forum.

    Thanks in advance,

    Avery

    #170556
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    If you use the latest WP and bbPress and also the latest version of the plugin, then it SHOULD work. But it would be best to open a support call on the plugin directly. This issue seems to have happened before.
    Pascal.

    #170553

    In reply to: Thread Prefix

    erich199
    Participant

    For anyone interested in this, I had this made and it’s available on codecanyon now.

    http://codecanyon.net/item/bbpress-thread-prefixes/14402729?s_phrase=&s_rank=4

    If anyone is interested in seeing it in action, check out my forum

    http://artofwargaming.net/forums/cat/community-forums/off-topic-discussions/

    The author of the plugin was fantastic and I recommend him to anyone looking for a custom plugin.

    #170551
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Make sure your using the correct database prefix, most phpBB tables will be named something like phpbb_posts, in that case the database prefix is phpbb_

    If you are importing from phpBB 3.1 then you can test the new importer via our bbPress “development version” aka bbPress 2.6 alpha, theres some new import improvements, you can get this from the following page or direct link:
    • https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    • https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    @excandesco The Xenforo import does NOT convert passwords

    (I think its only bbPress 1.x, SMF, phpBB and vBulletin that convert passwords at this stage)

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    The Importer runs smoothly until it gets to “Converting Replies”. It then just gets stuck somewhere in the middle of processing replies… I just see the rotating loading Symbol. At my last try to get this done, it already got stuck at “Converting Replies 0-99” …..

    This is an awful error and wish I could replicate it so it can be fixed, sadly haven’t been able to achieve this yet. Its usually caused by character encoding in the database, more can be found on this issue in the codex here:
    • https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/importing-data/import-forums/import-troubleshooting/

    So where are replies 100-200 ???

    The importer will, rather should continue on from where it left of when you stop then start it again, the way it currently works is it stores the current value and reads that when you start it again, I’ll take a closer look at the code to see if thats not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

    You should also use the “development version” aka bbPress 2.6 alpha, theres some new import improvements, you can get this from the following page or direct link:
    • https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    • https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    #170546
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    1. You should be sorted by doing what your doing and refreshing (in another browser tab)

    2. This is also usually an authentication issue, though this time with the MySQL database, you’ll usually only get this error though if you haven’t refreshed this page recently before starting of an import.

    You should also use the “development version” aka bbPress 2.6 alpha, theres some new bbPress 1.x to 2.x import improvements, you can get this from the following page or direct link:
    • https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    • https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    #170545
    bruce30
    Participant

    hi @jezza101,
    thank you for your response 🙂 i already posted a reply on your plugin support page, Link
    Thanks @casiepa 🙂

    #170507
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
Viewing 25 results - 12,776 through 12,800 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar