Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,401 through 12,425 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #171843

    In reply to: Image upload

    PinkishHue
    Participant

    @hearken Your plugin looks good, a much needed function for many bbpress users. Thank you for sharing this with us 🙂

    PinkishHue
    Participant

    You could also do this by editing the theme files so that the reply form is only shown to users with specific user roles, there is a similar topic here that may help:

    All Users can see category and topics but only certain roles have access toreply

    #171835
    Adri Oosterwijk
    Participant

    Hi all,
    I think I got it worked out together with Otto and Tia over at WPML.
    You can have a look at it at those two topics:

    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multiple-site-languages-but-just-a-bbpress-forum-in-english/
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/bbpress-breadcrumbs-how-to-localize-and-point-to-the-right-page/

    BTW I hide the language switcher(s) on the topics pages by adding this piece of code in my header file

    <?php if (!is_bbpress()) {
    do_action('icl_language_selector'); 
    } ?>

    and this in my footer.php

    <?php if (!is_bbpress()) {
    do_action(‘wpml_footer_language_selector’);
    } ?>

    I hope it helps you as well.

    Regards,

    Adri

    #171834
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    I suppose you mean that you want to change the default page that you get when going on /forums ?
    If so, just create a page in WordPress and change the slug to ‘forums’, then put anything you want in that page.

    The standard page shown when going on /forums is content-archive-forum.php.

    You can customize all templates if you want, just read some pages of the bbPress Codex: https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

    Pascal.

    #171812
    Robin W
    Moderator

    The problem is that wordpress was designed to work with templates that were different for each type eg template for page with sidebar, another template for page without sidebar.

    The trouble is that theme authors are getting too clever ,and nowadays write a single big page template that bbpress cannot easily react with.

    So your theme displays one template for the main page, but then bbpress can’t work with it for the other sub pages, as it doesn’t know how the theme is using the template.

    Ok, so that’s the explanation, but probably doesn’t help you at all.

    If you know some wp stuff then this might help

    https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

    #171811
    stewmills
    Participant

    Sorry if this is a duplicate…seemed to get an odd behavior when attempting to submit previously.

    Facts:
    – WordPress 4.2.2
    – bbPress 2.5.8
    – Theme – Karma 3.0.3

    I have created the following forum on my site (currently hidden from the top menu but accessible via links provided): http://www.cytoviva.com/forum/

    In the above link I get the forum login and other options in the right sidebar as I prefer.

    However, when you get one layer deeper into the forums, topics, posts, etc. the sidebar is not visible as seen here: http://www.cytoviva.com/forums/forum/registration-instructions-and-forum-guidelines/

    I want the sidebar to be visible on all pages/posts/etc. so someone reading a post can login from that page or request new access from that page and as well logged in users will always have the sidebar details and option to logout from any page within the forum.

    Initially the sidebar was not visible at all and I finally realized that my forum page (using the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] on my “forum” page to display the forum) was using the right template and when I changed it to ‘Right Sidebar’ and selected the option at the bottom to display my newly created sidebar (User Forum Login Sidebar) I started seeing what I wanted to see on the main forums page.

    However, when I go to my individual forums in the WP control panel and make sure they are also set under the ‘Right Sidebar’ page template and as well have the option checked to display my sidebar, it seems to do nothing.

    I have read a host of other posts here today and it seems that the answers to getting the sidebar to display as I want vary per person/situation hence my additional post. I don’t want to have to create a new .css file as currently I don’t have access to our host and FTP to create new files so I was hoping to find a solution that is simple as me not having a button checked somewhere or something trivial.

    I am somewhat new to WP and bbPress so the more fundamental the advice the better. My goal is to try and solve this with a little troubleshooting versus new child .php pages, etc.

    Thanks in advance!

    #171809

    In reply to: Forum images

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    In my ‘bbPress Toolkit’ plugin I have basic ‘featured image’ possibilities. Have a try…

    Pascal.

    #171807

    Topic: Forum images

    in forum Installation
    celsocos
    Participant

    Hello.

    Here in bbPress site I found a “featured” site with small images before each forum.

    Forum

    You can see small photos on the left in the main areas, but I found no way to add such images in my forum. I have a bbpress with initial setup and I wonder if I need some plugin for this.

    I don’t need to mimic the theme style (my theme have a nice bbPress template!!), I just want the ability to add images on the left, similar the example above.

    I will appreciate suggestions with this basic question.

    Regards,
    Celso.

    #171806
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    Forum moderation is being reviewed and improved a lot for future versions of bbPress. For now there is standard moderation and blacklisting as described here: https://codex.bbpress.org/moderation-and-blacklisting/

    The above mentioned plugin is the only one that I found when I looked at it in the last months. Please note that it has a small bug with saving topic subscriptions from user before their post is approved, so the user might have to re-subscribe from the checkbox during the reply.

    Pascal.

    #171804
    Robin W
    Moderator

    I haven’t tried it, but this plugin may be what you want.

    If you try it, PLEASE let us know if it works and does what it says !

    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbpressmoderation

    #171795
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hmmm, I’m getting the ‘Oops’ page, not the ‘Oh Bother’ … So that’s the 404 page.
    If your forums are private, check if my replies here help: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/setup-login-for-private-forum/
    EDIT: Thanks for the coffee !!!
    Pascal.

    #171792
    fca0secretary
    Participant

    It’s no good, I can’t find anything like what you’re talking about. The only thing I can find is this: bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/feedback-no-search.php (inactive) which is clearly the thing I want to edit but it’s marked as “inactive” so editing it doesn’t have any effect.
    I’m going to have to find a different plug-in, I haven’t time for this. But thanks anyway and have a cup of coffee on me!

    #171789
    Robin W
    Moderator

    bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

    It could be a theme or plugin issue

    Plugins

    Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

    Themes

    If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

    Then come back

    #171786
    fca0secretary
    Participant

    What I want to change is “Oh bother! No search results were found here!” , not “Oh bother! No topics were found here!” which is what your plug-in changes. This is what I want to edit:
    bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/feedback-no-search.php (inactive)

    but it’s marked as “inactive” so what does that mean?

    #171780
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Never edit bbpress templates directly in the bbpress folder, otherwise you will loose your changes when bbPress updates.
    There are several ways that I know of, but the most easy one would probably be by installing my ‘bbP Toolkit’ plugin.

    Or you play with CSS yourself:

    .bbp-template-notice {
    	display: none;
    }
    
    .bbp-template-notice.info,
    .bbp-template-notice.error,
    .bbp-template-notice.important,
    .bbp-template-notice.warning {
    	display: block;
    }

    Not that also other similar messages will disappear with the above.

    And if you want to modify bbPress files, please check the codex (https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/) and/or create a child theme
    Pascal.

    #171779
    fca0secretary
    Participant

    I am trying to edit the phrase “Oh bother! etc,” but when I get to the Plugin Editor it’s saying that the default template is inactive, like this –
    bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/feedback-no-replies.php (inactive)
    I am using WordPress 4.4.2 running Twenty Sixteen theme. and bbPress is Version 2.5.8
    My site is http://www.fagleyforum.site
    How can I find the right place to edit this phrase?

    Jeff McNeill
    Participant

    Hahaha tags “sleeping pill store” tag should be a signal that someone is asleep at the tiller. Really folks, this place is asleep, and all Robin W. does is state that it is free software and you should be durned grateful, and not try and wake anybody up.

    Development is tediously slow, regardless of some $50k that was raised a few years ago. 2.6 should supposedly fix the issue with not being able to replace posts with forum discussions. Surely that is also why the plugin that actual does that hasn’t been updated in two years. And 2.6 was 4 months late in May 2014. So when will it ever be released?

    This is simply too long! Obviously this project is coasting on the coattails of integration (and requirement of use) in BuddyPress and that it is an anointed project of WordPress.org. Anything less would have near zero users already.

    So much functionality is needed to be reasonable. There appears to be a single active developer committing to the code: https://www.openhub.net/p/bbpress/commits/summary

    But really, this was a complaint over a year and a half ago, and it ain’t changed. Very sad as the potential is quite big. How else do you explain 16,000+ downloads of that plugin that has been abandoned: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-post-topics/

    vaporflavor
    Participant

    Nevermind figured it out.

    BBPress members are definitely linked to WordPress users. They are not separate.

    And to get the login/register links somewhere besides the sidebar requires digging through the plugin theme files and some work, which I haven’t finished yet. =P

    #171760
    tech55541
    Participant

    Hello,
    Would it be possible to take the code that adds this functionality in with BuddyPress, create a separate plugin, and then make it work for BBPress? I can’t believe a forum software does not have this built in.

    Thanks 🙂

    #171756
    ferparker
    Participant

    I’ve installed the plugin, but theres no Forum options in my WP Painel… So, the Forum wont appear on website cuz there no option to create it after plugin’s installed. What can i do?
    Wordpress: VersĂŁo 4.4.2
    bbPress: VersĂŁo 2.5.8
    Website: http://www.finalfantasyrpg.com.br

    wyckoffsmi
    Participant

    I currently get a message of “You must be logged in to reply to this topic.” whenever a visitor visits my forum. I would like visitors to be able to view all my forum posts but not be able to post without membership. Is this possible? We are using bbpress as a presale support forum so having visitors be able to see the forum content without registering is very important. Thanks guys

    #171754
    thelaw
    Participant

    Apologies on the late reply everyone. I’m using 3.1, latest version (for if you’re not, it’s like WordPress and you will get hacker bots scanning for old versions.) Unfortunately that seems to be the issue. Thanks @Brandon and @Stephen for your assistance. Table prefixes were properly used. I’ll have another go at it again but I’m pretty sure I was using latest version of WP and BBpress in order to do the conversion.

    #171738
    gleninjersey
    Participant

    First part has to do with the bbPress widget “Login Widget” not working.

    I’ll post 2nd problem over on BuddyPress forum. Thanks.

    #171732
    Robin W
    Moderator

    no problem you need my private groups plugin as additional to bbpress.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

Viewing 25 results - 12,401 through 12,425 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar