Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

reply to post from email

• Lave
    Participant

@lavelight

Hi, I’m using WordPress 3.8.1 with bbPress.
    Looking for a plugin that will allow me to reply to posts by email.
    I found this post and use this plugin but it causes an error

Reply to Posts via Email

https://github.com/rmccue/bbPress-Reply-by-Email.

Error:

Warning: require_once(/home/power90/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbsub/vendor/postmark-inbound/lib/Postmark/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/power90/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbsub/library/bbSubscriptions/Handler/Postmark.php on line 9 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/power90/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbsub/vendor/postmark-inbound/lib/Postmark/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.') in /home/power90/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbsub/library/bbSubscriptions/Handler/Postmark.php on line 9 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I suggest you have a read of this:
    https://github.com/rmccue/bbPress-Reply-by-Email/issues/19

This is an advanced and complex plugin to get setup and a fair bit of reading and configuration with 3rd party service is required.

bennypowers
    Participant

@bennypowers

I’ve gone through the setup process as well as I can tell, but I get this error when replying to a test topic on the web.

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to Falcon_Handler_Postmark::send_mail() must be an instance of Falcon_Message, string given, called in /home/gabrie37/public_html/jewishartistcenter.org/wp-content/plugins/Falcon-master/library/Falcon/Connector/bbPress.php on line 130 and defined in /home/gabrie37/public_html/jewishartistcenter.org/wp-content/plugins/Falcon-master/library/Falcon/Handler/Postmark.php on line 33

the reply is posted, i can see it when i go back and refresh the page, but i don’t get any email.

Unicornis
    Participant

@unicornis

Hi,
    I have fixed this bug, as well as a few others, added full configurability for the messages sent. Currently working on attachments and translations.

All of this is packed into the plugin, with all third party software needed, so now it is installable like any other WordPress plugin.

You still need to setup a free PostMark account and configure reply e-mail redirect, if you do not want to see the PostMark address in reply-to (which might be confusing for your users). Detailed step-by-step howto is on my plugin page.

BR, Jj

Dan
    Participant

@hypnoticdan

Hi!

I’m interested in this feature for a company support forum. I’d like to use the email “xref” header to indicate the post in the email. Then my webserver would

– read a dedicated forum inbox for unread mail
    – find the xref
    – find the reply
    – use the sender’s email to find the user id
    – use the data collected to post to the thread
    – delete from the inbox or mark as read (admin setting)

It would not require the added complexity of a 3rd party. It might use a cron job and curl to poke the inbox.

Is that crazy talk? Basically I want github-level easy replies.

Dan
    Participant

@hypnoticdan

ping!

Is there a “reply by email” plugin to enhance bbPress?
    When I receive a notice someone has posted to a thread I’m watching, I want to reply via email and have it post onto the thread in the forum. Increasing engagement is ++good.

I’ve read the Falcon README and I don’t grok how to install it.

Unicornis
    Participant

@unicornis

Please refer to the step-by-step instructions on my site.

Plugin page

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar