Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All Users can see category and topics but only certain roles have access toreply

• stiffmeister12
    Participant

@stiffmeister12

I am having trouble with one aspect of bbpress right now. I want to create one specific category of my forum so that everyone one can see it even logged out users but only certain roles can reply and post to that topic in the category. What plugin do I need for this? I tried private groups plugin but non authorized users just get sent to a page not displayed page I want everyone to see the posts but only certain roles can reply or post to that category. Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

One way to do this is to simply hide the reply form for the roles you do not want to be able to reply.

There is a similar topic here talking about making it so that only admins can post in X forum so hopefully this will be a jumping off point for you:

Disallow topic creation but allow comments in certain forums

I think there’s a ‘form-reply.php’ so you’d use that instead of ‘form-topic.php’ and you’d need to alter the conditional statement to say IF you are in forum ID X and the user has Y role – then show the reply form.

Hope that helps but come back to us if you need more help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar