Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: BBPress as Intranet?
Hi, I’ve been researching some tools for creating an intranet within WordPress and one page directed me to bbPress… but the features list doesn’t explain too much so I’d like to ask if anyone knows whether bbPress can be integrated within the backend of my WordPress site. Ideally I’d like to see it appear right on the dashboard so when users log in they can see everything. If bbPress can’t do it if anyone knows of a way to do this I’d be happy to hear. thanks!
How can I prevent “nofollow” from being added to my internal links on bbPress posts? (I have the latest version of bbPress and WordPress)
The “nofollow” attribute is being added to my internal links on my website (DCJTech.info). However, this issue only occurs on bbPress posts, but not WordPress pages. Here is an example of the problem (bbPress post) – http://dcjtech.info/topic/general-unixoid-topics/
I have tried commenting out the below lines from ./includes/core/filters.php, but without success. I also cleared the cache (server and browser) and waited a minute before checking the page’s source code.
add_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow', 50 ); add_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_content', 'bbp_rel_nofollow', 50 );I used ‘grep -r -e “follow” ./plugins‘ to find all code that may be inserting “nofollow”, and I also searched my theme and mu-plugins. In addition, I searched my SQL database (via phpMyAdmin) for “follow”. I did not find any plugin, setting, etc. that could be causing this problem. There were no “nofollow” attributes in the posts either. I also searched my plugins for “bbp_rel_nofollow”.
I disabled “External Links” and commented out the previously mentioned bbPress code (and cleared the cache), but the “nofollow” attribute was still on my internal links.
I thoroughly checked the WordPress codex website, forums (like https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/turning-no-follow-links-to-do-follow/ ), etc., but I cannot find a solution or cause.
Topic: pages and format
Hello total noob here. I am having an issue with implementing bbpress forums into WordPress. This is the first time (besides collage 20+ years ago) that I have messed around with websites. So please excuse my ignorance and incorrect terminology.
versions:
Wordpress 3.2.1
bbPress 2.5.8
Theme Tesseract 2
Turnkey WordPress Vmware virtual appliance ip 192.168.1.230The problem I am having is:
I created a page that would hold my forums called MOUSE (named it mouse to stop confusing myself) so 192.168.1.230/mouse. On that edit page for mouse, I added a row and inside that that row I have 2 virtual editors widgets. Inside one widget, I have the “bbPress Form list”. In the other widget I have added this bit of code. “[bbp-forum-index]”
When I go to 192.168.1.230/mouse I see a page that has the Page Attributes, forums list, and formatted exactly how I want it. Its when I click a forum topic that everything changes. The URL changes to 192.168.1.230/forums/forums/theforumtopic and all formatting has been lost.
Obviously this is not the behavior I want, but I have no idea how to ask to fix it or what is not working. I know I am not able to easily edit the 192.168.1.230/forum. And by edit I mean not able to add rows and widgets or able to change any page attributes. What I would like is when i go to 192.168.1.230/mouse/theforumtopic that it carry’s forward any type of formatting I did for the page /mouse
No idea if that makes any since to you guys. If it does, can you offer any suggestions or something I could look up to fix the issue? I am not sure what the exact problem is so its really hard to search for an answer! lol 🙂
Thanks
I Convert from vbulletin forums to WordPress,
I want ask if found Any method to makes passwords in wordpress same passwords in vbulletin for users transferred from vbulletinI was tracking down a disk full error on my server and I ran across the file bb-config.php
Here is a partial directory listing of my WordPress networked multisite install:[root@community public_html]# ls -l total 16162640 -rwxrwxr-x 1 apache apache 16550170624 Oct 7 17:03 bb-config.php -rw-rw-r-- 1 apache apache 5686 Mar 2 2015 favicon.ico drwxrwxr-x 5 apache apache 4096 Aug 6 2010 feed2js drwxrwxr-x 2 apache apache 34 Jul 13 2012 files -rwxrwxr-x 1 apache apache 9853 Nov 10 2011 glob_deny.rules drwxrwxr-x 3 apache apache 46 May 6 10:18 http: -rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 418 Oct 29 2013 index.phpThe top bit of bb-config.php looks to be php code. The bottom bits, revealed with the tail command, are binary.
A config file, or functions file, can’t be 16GB big.
Question:
What is normally stored in this file?
There are a few sites which are using the bbPress system, I don’t want to lose actual student data, but my disk is filling up/full.Thanks
Dan LaSota
Topic: Nofollow on Internal Links
Recently, the “nofollow” attribute has been added to my internal links on my website (DCJTech.info). Initially, I suspected it was a bug in the “External Links” plugin because I updated that plugin, and that was the only change on my server. I first shared this issue with the developers of the plugin ( https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nofollow-bug ), but I was told it was bbPress that is adding the “nofollow” attribute.
Here is an example of the problem – http://dcjtech.info/topic/general-unixoid-topics/
How can I prevent bbPress from performing any action on any of my links?
Hi. I’m working with bbpress in a child theme, and I’m having a couple of strange issues in a remote environment that I think I can’t reproduce locally.
One is related to Profile pages. If I log as a certain user and then visit other user profile (in my case, the administrator profile), the displayed page may not be the correct one. Let me explain:
I worked with admin user a lot, but sometimes I log with a subscriber role in order to develop different contents, meaning the admin can see things than subscribers cannot. Well, being a subscriber suddenly I can see button that I shouldn’t see when visiting the admin page. And more: the “welcome username” message is wrong, showing the admin name instead of the subscriber.
Conclusion: some pages are some-way cached. Editing them via FTP and saving again the files solves the issue.
Second issue: the topic count (bbp_forum_topic_count method) sometimes displays the wrong number of topics if I previously deleted some. In my case, I deleted 5 topics. But the counter was wrong. So I went to Topics->Trash, removed just one permanently an now to count works just fine.
So, for this second issue I’d like to know if there’s a bbpress cache for counting or something.
Notice my remote environment doesn’t have any cache enabled. And I don’t have any wordpress cache plugin installed. And also as I’m developing I have rules in .htaccess to avoid cache as much as I can. But anyway something is going on and I can’t trust my installation until I discover what it is.
Thanks in advance.
