Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reset forum don’t work, how to clean up the db with phpmyadmin?

• barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

Hello there, i need to clean up a failed import but reset forum don’t work, i got a blank page probably because there are too many lines to delete. Is there a script to do this or some different method?
    Thanks in advance.
    Barbara

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hi Barbara,

Is this a life system ? Did it work correctly in your test environment ?
    What version of bbPress and WordPress are you using ?
    How many lines are you talking about ?

Pascal.

barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

Hello Pascal, i didn’t test locally so is live environment. BBpress 2.5.8 and wordpress 4.3.1
    We are talking about 2079 discussion with 17.000 replies
    Thanks

Hi Barbara,

First principle: test before going live !

I have my own procedure on cleaning bbPress in case of failure, but let me check if there is an official one. @Robkk any ideas ?

Pascal.

First of all, a good database/site backup is always a starting point of course.
    Then I suppose you followed the steps for the data cleanup here: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/installing-bbpress/deleting-bbpress/ ?

Is your WordPress still working fine since the cleanup that ‘failed’ ?

Pascal.

barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

Hello Pascal, as i said, reset forum don’t work for me. When i click on it i got blank page, too many entries. Website works well after this failed reset. I backed up db before any operation, thanks for remembering to me 🙂

If it’s really not working anymore, you could delete directly forums, topics and replies from the DB and then run the reset again.

USE WITH CAUTION

DELETE a,b,c FROM wp_posts a
    LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships b ON (a.ID=b.object_id)
    LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta c ON (a.ID=c.post_id)
    WHERE a.post_type IN ('forum', 'topic', 'reply')

USE WITH CAUTION

Robkk

@robkk

Are you talking about running the purge previous import tool having an issue or really in the reset forums area.

It is best to run the purge previous import after importing a forum and failing.

Use this if an import failed and you want to remove that incomplete data.

IF the reset forums tool does not do it, I guess you can try some SQL code in phpMyAdmin.

You can try to see if @netwebs commment can help you

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/post-import-cleanup-help-needed/#post-133482

Also if you regularly backup your site, you can just revert to a previous backup before you did the import. You should make regular backups if you are not doing so already too.

barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

Thanks Casiepa, i’m going to backup database and then try your query. I’ll let you know

barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

Casiepa, that query worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Glad it worked. I would rerun the forum reset to make sure your environment is working fine and cleaned correctly before restarting another import.
    Pascal.

barbarabax
    Participant

@barbarabax

I will, thanks again!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar