Search Results for 'test'
-
Search Results
-
http://www.claverton-energy.com – running WordPress since 2008. In Dec 2012 I was asked to rebuild it, enhance its features, including installation of bbPress / BuddyPress etc.
PROBLEM: an item I have not been able to solve is that users with Admin access can log in, but cannot access the default Admin page. However, they are able to use the Edit option when viewing a page whilst logged in.
I’ve read through numerous forum posts on WordPress.org and other sites, and tried solutions others have found, but have not solved the problem. Some ‘solutions’ have created additional setbacks! Trying to force a database upgrade resulted in all user’s passwords ceasing to work, requiring manual resets via MySQL… 🙂
Over the past month;
– the site has been successively upgraded to 3.5.0 and then to 3.5.1
– wp-admin / wp-includes directories have been replaced with fresh copies to eliminate possibility of a corrupt file
– wp-config has been replaced with latest version
– Database “repair” run from Cpanel
– checked for “curly” quotes in user meta-data
– site used standard wp_ table prefixes
– disk space is not an issue
– max memory use test shows +80mb which seems ok
– directory / file permissions are 755 / 644 respectively throughoutAnd yet, the problem persists…
An additional / presumably related issue: whilst the Super Admin can access all WP Admin areas, including plugin sub-pages. However, the BackupBuddy plugin does NOT show the menu subpages, and entering the URL for those gives that same “you don’t have permissions to access that page” error! Deactivating & deleting it and adding it back via FTP does not resolve that problem.
NB: The underlying problem pre-dates the rebuild, the site now runs:
– BuddyPress / and the Buddy theme,
– Quick Cache
– Stop Spammer Registrations & Confirm User Registration plugin
– User Spam Remover
– Wordfence security
– BuddyPress backupAny suggestions on how to solve our “permissions” issues would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
BenTopic: Limit of the latest topics
Hi,
I want to display recent 5 topics on the sidebar so I used bbp_has_topics() loop but I don’t know how to display only 5 posts. On the forums I have 20 topics per page.
Topic: Links in posting
Whenever I create a post in a forum and add a web link, the link disappears (as does the text enclosed in the tags) from the post.
See here for example http://c3wales.org/forums/topic/test/
The site is WP 3.5.1, BBpress is 2.2.4
Theme is convention by WPZoomThanks
Hi,
I’m having a very strange problem with bbpress.
I’m using the lastest version of WordPress and bbpress and I created a super stick topic. These are just rules and guidelines so I closed it to replies. I can see it in the category forum page such as this (http://causepages.com/sw/forum/health-insurance-finance/) when logged in as a user but when I actually click into it, it’s not shown. (I just get my sidebar).
Can anyone help with this please?
I did search this forum for an answer with no luck. Some user named “anonymous” posted spam about snoring on my ElectricityClub.org forum. No such user to delete! My admin account sees no way to delete the post either! The forum settings have the anonymous setting unchecked like it should be. I have all the latest updated plugs. How to I get rid of the current user and post and prevent such intrusions in the future?
Topic: Preventing name changes
Hello All,
I am looking for a way to disable users from changing their names from within the bbpress interface (/profile/edit/group/1/). This is located on the page where they choose a forum signature. I do not mind if they have a forum signature. However, I would like to prevent them form changing their name.The site is currently running wordpress 3.5.1, buddy press 2.2.3 and is on a local test machine.
I did some searching on google and the on this site and was unable to find an answer to this question. If I missed it please let me know and my apologies in advance if this in the wrong area.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Regards,
ChevmanI got this strange inport failure on my site all of a sudden. I am trying to move from old bbpress to the latest. I did this once before, but had to wait for a while until some functions where sorted out. Now it’s all set and I tried again. The forums were reset, but deleting the conversion table sometimes fails. I don’t know what that means, but anyhow. The inport did just fine until it got stuck half way in the replys. I tried to stop and restart, but I couldn’t get it to run any further.
So then I reset and tried again. Now it keeps inporting the first topic over and over again. It never moves on. What happened? I tried everything. I even tried removing that first topic from the old forum. It now inports the next one, over and over again.
If I try to “Purge all information from a previously attempted import” it gladly starts to remove old data, but it never stops! It removes data a little to quick to be true, and it goes on for ever “deleting” far more rows than I have ever inported.
Something is completely wrong here, and I don’t have a clue 🙁 Someone please help me! I am getting pretty frustrated here..
Hi there everyone, I have installed bbpress on my wp site, I installed Version 2.2.4 and the version of my WP is 3.5.1 the theme im using is reviewit. my website is winfamilysurvival.co.uk
I am testing the bbpress forum at the moment but ive not made pages public yet, I’m ok with creating forums and topics and all is well whilst editing these elements, however when it comes to reading the posts/forums I get a white background to the posts and the and forum menu areas with the text in posts being white, and most of the text in the menus white too, I have looked everywhere but cant find a setting to change this, can someone please help me out, I have mingle forum up and running of the site at present and the only reason I am changing is because I want the users to integrate into my forum and not have to add them manually.
Im running a competition on my site at present that relies on the forum so I was hoping to migrate this one over to the forum but I just need to solve this issue and im away.
Topic: Blank User Profile Page
I have a section of my WP site that is password protected for members of my group. I like to have a forum that is public but also have one that is within that password protected section. On my test site I’ve tried to do this and it appears to not work because the forums aren’t related to pages at all. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to make everyone create a WP login in order to access the protected forum?
Thanks!
I think I finally found a caching plugin that’s actually compatible with the latest bbPress plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lite-cache/It’s by the same developer who made the quite popular “Hyper Cache“. Why he decided to make yet another caching plugin I do not know, but it appears to be working great on our site!

