Search Results for 'test'
-
Search Results
-
Hi all,
Just setting up my new forum using the latest versions of wordpress and bbpress, but Im having trouble handling user registration.
Ive used the forum login widget to handle logins in my sidebar, but im not happy with registration. I created a new page called registration and added the shortcode [bbp-register]. But this is really basic and not what a am looking for at all, unless its possible to edit it somehow, something I am fairly sure cannot be done to a shortcode?
Does anyone have any suggestion as to what login and registration plugins are good to use? Or anyone know what this bbpress site uses to handle its login and registrations, that looks good handling both functions in one tidy box in a single area.
Thanks for you help in advance.
🙂
Topic: PHP7 compatibility
Hi, Can the latest bbPress version run on PHP7 configuration? Does bbPress support PHP7.0?
Thanks.Topic: Install problem
I have wordpress 4.1 installation,
PHP version is 5.4.30 and mysql version is 5.32.
I have downloaded latest version from wordpress.org install plugin but :
Tables are not created , only dashboard can be viewed at admin,
forums frontend works but other admin pages can’t be accessed.
I have tried with version 2.5 and this version not worked too.
How to solve this problems.Hi,
We are using BBpress for user registration and forums we will be activating in the near future on our website. We are also using the All In One WP Security Plugin, in here is a option to rename the login page, so directly going to mysite.com/wp-admin should not work and should be mysite.com/*newadmin*
However this did not work initially, we had to log in on the /*newadmin* but still had to go to /wp-admin to gain access to the dashboard.
We disabled all other active plugins, and the problem was solved, after testing it showed that once BBpress plugin was disabled the feature worked as intended, loggin into /*newadmin* would get me instantly into the dashboard.
I’ve also requested help on their end, but since 2 plugins are involved, Do you guys have any suggestions as to what might cause this & what might solve this issue?
Any help or suggestions would be great. We just want to rename the admin part, so we are not bound to the wp-security option, just seemed easy.
Heres my initial post on wordpress.org support for all in one wp security:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/renaming-the-login-cant-enter-with-the-url?replies=4#post-7342568We are using a fully up to date version of WP & all plugins.
After install I created a test post and all went well until I went to view the forums.
The new post in hiding under the admin bar at the top of the screen.
https://vapefriendly.biz/forums/forum/vape-lounge/
All the other aspects of the plugin seem to be displaying correctly, even clicking on the floating topics brings you to the post where it is in the middle of the page like it should be,
I’m guessing a css issue,
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Hi,
I am hoping that someone here will be able to help with this as it’s a rather frustrating issue and I can’t figure out why it’s happening to start with.
I have set my forum to the ‘rating level’ that will accept posts using phrases such as ‘porn’ and curse words…that being the case I was rather surprised when someone attempted to create a thread in a forum using a jokey phrase including the word porn and it wouldn’t allow the user to post. I checked the post, checked all the settings (I have no words in the blacklist – the forums are monitored almost 24/7 and we have a rather exclusive membership so I felt this was unnecessary at the present time) and there seems to be nothing amiss so the reasons for this being done are a mystery to me. I am able to add the extra words in the sentence in the CMS but this is not something I wish to have to do every time someone wants to refer to something specific like this.
Is there a reason why this would be happening?
I have recently upgraded to the latest versions of Buddypress (2.3.2.1) and BBpress (2.5.8) and also was upgraded to WordPress 4.3.
The site is set up to work with the Make template but I have tested this on the other templates and as it works when I remove a single word from the actual post I know that it HAS to be some hidden filter somewhere that I am unable to remove.
My site is found at http://www.bewitching-fiction.com
I saw a lot of posts from a LONG time ago in regards to the same thing that all resulted in resolutions that didn’t seem to fit my problem or were way over my head. I don’t know anything about editing php files and hope I don’t have to. So here goes my issue and I hope there’s a simple fix.
I have a ‘landing’ page for my forums with the [bbp-forum-index] in the body.
This lists all my forums and sub-forums perfectly.
When I click on a forum and either make a new post or add a reply to a post everything seems to work just fine until I hit the submit button. Everything is clumped into one big mess. I’m not using HTML or BBCode just straight up typing like I’m doing right here. The main problem is lines between paragraphs.
Like this
and this.
They all vanish when I hit submit and looks more…
like this
and this.I have a visitor section on the forums that allows visitors to post things should anyone wish to test it out. The site is located here http://cp-fc.com
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I’m wondering if it is easy enough to migrate a google group to bbpress? I’ve come across a couple of services out there that offer this service (albeit without testimonials) but was interested to know if there was a plug-in or scraper service that can do this for me. I have time to make some amendments and changes but would generally like to automate the process, including the migration of users.
Someone posted the same question on this forum four years ago and received no reply…
bbPress 2.5.7 and 2.5.8 do not work with latest versions of WordPress CMS and WP Client plugin.
Will work fine if WP Client plugins are deactivated but as soon as they are activated the forum breaks.
Any ideas?