Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[resolved] Post formating lost when hitting submit (another one)

• drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

I saw a lot of posts from a LONG time ago in regards to the same thing that all resulted in resolutions that didn’t seem to fit my problem or were way over my head. I don’t know anything about editing php files and hope I don’t have to. So here goes my issue and I hope there’s a simple fix.

I have a ‘landing’ page for my forums with the [bbp-forum-index] in the body.

This lists all my forums and sub-forums perfectly.

When I click on a forum and either make a new post or add a reply to a post everything seems to work just fine until I hit the submit button. Everything is clumped into one big mess. I’m not using HTML or BBCode just straight up typing like I’m doing right here. The main problem is lines between paragraphs.

Like this

and this.

They all vanish when I hit submit and looks more…
    like this
    and this.

I have a visitor section on the forums that allows visitors to post things should anyone wish to test it out. The site is located here http://cp-fc.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

For the line-breaks missing it might be some CSS from your theme maybe causing the issue, but link to a post that should have line breaks so I can check and make sure.

ALso fix the oversized avatars using this CSS.

default size bbPress 14px avatar.

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-reply-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topic-revision-log img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-template-notice img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_topics img.avatar,
    #bbpress-forums .widget_display_replies img.avatar {
       margin-bottom: 0px;
       vertical-align: middle;
       border: 1px single #ddd;
       width: 14px;
    }

default size profile image

#buddypress div#item-header img.avatar {
        width: 150px;
    }

drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

That seemed to do the trick. I have no idea where to put that CSS so I installed a plugin called “Add Custom CSS” and pasted it in there.

Thinking about what you said regarding the whole theme thing. I tried a couple of different themes such as the 2010 & the bbpress 2010, and everything seems to display just fine there so your suggestion that it’s theme CSS related seem to be spot on. Thank you.

drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

Hey Robkk,

Sorry to bother you again, but I had to restore my entire site from a back up last night and now I’m back to this. The solution before was to just change themes but I was wondering if you know of any way I could modify the CSS of my current theme (as I have yet to find one that fits my site nearly as well as the one I have) to fix the formatting? The theme comes with custom CSS box that I can throw stuff in without modifying any files.

Robkk

@robkk

link to a post that should have line breaks so I can check it out.

drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

Here you go… Thanks for looking.
    http://cp-fc.com/forums/topic/test-post-formatting/

Robkk

@robkk

This is what is causing the issue.

.bbp-reply-content p {
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px;
    }

You can do this instead.

.bbp-reply-content p {
        margin: 0px 0px 10px;
        padding: 0px;
    }

drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

Oh, excellent. It’s mind boggling how you can figure all that out. So, quick question, do you have any idea what css file I’m supposed to edit for that? I’m guessing it’s my theme, but it’s a bbp tag so I’m not sure. I entered it into the custom CSS field for my theme but that didn’t work. I’m guessing because it’s already defined somewhere.

Robkk

@robkk

I see it is now on your forums. I see that the CSS causing the issue is definitely from the bbPress New UI plugin in its dark theme.

Contact the developer of the plugin so other users do not come across the same issue as you are.

Oh and bbPress has classes for each of its areas on the forums, most prefixed with some kind of bbp in them. Other plugins and themes could use those classes and add CSS styles for those areas in their own respective stylesheets to style the forums differently.

drake2k
    Participant

@drake2k

Thank you very much for all your help @robkk !!

I’ll see if I can contact that plugin developer. If I turn it off then I can’t read the forums because the theme is so dark so I’ll see if there’s anything they can do. I have no idea how to mark this topic as resolved. Again, thank you.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘[resolved] Post formating lost when hitting submit (another one)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar