Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need help with login and registration (shortcodes/plugins)

• Brovashift
    Participant

@brovashift

Hi all,

Just setting up my new forum using the latest versions of wordpress and bbpress, but Im having trouble handling user registration.

Ive used the forum login widget to handle logins in my sidebar, but im not happy with registration. I created a new page called registration and added the shortcode [bbp-register]. But this is really basic and not what a am looking for at all, unless its possible to edit it somehow, something I am fairly sure cannot be done to a shortcode?

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what login and registration plugins are good to use? Or anyone know what this bbpress site uses to handle its login and registrations, that looks good handling both functions in one tidy box in a single area.

Thanks for you help in advance.

🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Any plugin that hooks into the default WordPress registration and adds special fields should add fields also to the bbPress registration form.

A plugin like this could add extra fields.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

This site uses the [bbp-login] shortcode and there is a message on the registration page that says this site uses the same registration details as WordPress.org.

Brovashift
    Participant

@brovashift

Hi Robkk,

Thanks for getting back to me re my login/reg issue.

The plugin you sent looks good, but ideally Id like to handle the login/registration natively.

I have added the bbp-login / bbp-register on a single page, which works to some extent, looks kinda basic. But its not contained in a nice neat pop-up box like here in bbpress’s sub-header bar.

More importantly, there is no Logout! Do I need another shortcode for that? [bbp-logout] maybe?

Thanks for your help

Rob

Brovashift
    Participant

@brovashift

Sorry… scratch that logout issue. Just realised login/logout is handled in the forum login widget.

Is there a way to include registration link inside the login widget? or is there a registration widget?

I’m using HelpGuru theme, if that’s of any benefit.

Robkk

@robkk

But its not contained in a nice neat pop-up box like here in bbpress’s sub-header bar.

That is a modified WordPress toolbar slipped under the header.

Is there a way to include registration link inside the login widget? or is there a registration widget?

There should be some settings in the widget to input a registration link and a forgot password link too.

Brovashift
    Participant

@brovashift

Thanks for that Robkk…

Its not perfect, but its functional and will do for now. Might play with that plugin later.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar