Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
Hi all,
New install: WordPress 3.5.1 MU joint Network with x7 Mapped domains
New install: Buddypress 1.6.4 Running all sites on Dynamix WP/BP theme
New install: BBPress 2.2.4 With Network & Group forums configured.
Buddypress has been installed ‘without’ the discussion forums tab enabled.
<code>define( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, true );</code> Is located in wp-config.
Other plugins installed all network enabled: WP SEO (Yoast), WPMU Domain Mapping, Ultimate coming soon page & Join my multisite.
Followed all Buddypress and BBPress latest instructions to the letter!
I can create new forums, and group forums with no problems. All forums and groups are traceable throughout all MU sites with no problems and I have used bp-custom-php with;
<code><?php
/* This fixes the MULTIBLOG avatar problem */
function nfm_bp_avtar_upload_path_correct($path){
if ( bp_core_is_multisite() ){
// $path = ABSPATH . get_blog_option( BP_ROOT_BLOG, ‘upload_path’ );
$path = ABSPATH . ‘wp-content/uploads/’;
}
return $path;
}
add_filter(‘bp_core_avatar_upload_path’, ‘nfm_bp_avtar_upload_path_correct’, 1);
function nfm_bp_avatar_upload_url_correct($url){
if ( bp_core_is_multisite() ){
$url = get_blog_option( BP_ROOT_BLOG, ‘siteurl’ ) . “/wp-content/uploads”;
}
return $url;
}
add_filter(‘bp_core_avatar_url’, ‘nfm_bp_avatar_upload_url_correct’, 1);
?></code>
To carry user and group avatars throughout all networks.
Problem being, once a forum post is created I’ as keymaster cannot Edit, Close, Stick, Merge Trash or Spam “Any” forum posts. The page just refreshes without any actions taking place.
I have read two other posts relating to this similar/same issue, one from over a year ago, and one from as little as two weeks ago, both without solution, one without any replies.
Further to the above, I have noted that BBPress is not sending emails out on replies to forum posts with the Notify me of follow-up replies via email tab checked.
I sincerely hope someone may be able to help shed some light on this issue as it is really going to render my project useless if I can’t manage to resolve it.
I’m happy to offer a bbpress admin, administrative access to my site if they feel they may be able to assist in some way.
Here’s hoping .. !
Regards,
Sped
Topic: Forum Categories
A few quick questions
How can I create a forum that would be the main forum and have other forums be like sub-forums. I have tried using the parent forum feature but it does not do quite what I am looking for. For example, I would want it to look like this.
Google
-Android
-Google Plus
-ChromeAlso, is it possible to create a title for a list of forums. For example,
Main Forums
Forum Title 1
Forum Title 2
Forum Title 3Other Forums
Forum Title 4
Forum Title 5Lastly, is it possible to change the required fields that are necessary for forum registration. (I am using the short code for registration)
Any help is much appreciated.

I am trying to add the username underneath a person’s avatar, like in these forums (circled in the pic above). I know where to add the code in loop-single-reply.php and I have tried looking in the beta release of bbPress 2.3 in case it was included there, but I am not having any luck.
Would anyone know what code I would need to insert to bring up the username?