Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where to edit textarea

• Ajchimera
    Participant

@ajchimera

I have search but I can not find the file that controls the bbpress textarea because I want to add some javascript to re-size it like twitter.

I’m running WP & BP 1.7 beta

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• moonoi
    Participant

@moonoi

It is in the template files `form_reply.php` and `form_topic.php`

The line that calls the WP_Editor class to create the textarea using the relatively new WordPress core front end editor is this one:

`bbp_the_content( array(‘context’ => ‘reply’)`

You can look into the `bbp_the_content` function to see how BBP does it and how you can circumvent default behaviour.

Notice that this line only applies if the fancy editor is enabled for the current user*. Otherwise the template file falls back to display the classical textarea (which is also the one used in this forum).

*) It seems there’s a bug in BBP 2.2.4 making the fancy editor available only to the keymaster. This can be overridden in the code of course.

moonoi
    Participant

@moonoi

Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you were using BBPress below version 2.

But the logic that creates the textarea is probably in the same theme files in your version. Of course they won’t be using the new WP front end editor though.

Ajchimera
    Participant

@ajchimera

No I’m using 2.x thanks for the help I will see if I can work it out

Ajchimera
    Participant

@ajchimera

I got it

The fallback text area is controlled by `includes\common\template-tags.php` around line 1,557 if anybody else is looking.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar