Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Shortcodes from other plugins

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I have them turned off for now, as many shortcodes assume the post author has the trusted ability to post content, which for forums might not be best.

It would be a rather simple plugin to create, although you’d probably want some kind of UI to map shortcodes to user roles. You may not want every registered user to post a poll, but you might want to allow users to use code formatting, for example.

travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

Ah! that makes sense. Yeah, I wouldn’t want everyone to have the ability to post a shortcode. But the challenge sounds easy enough.

Thanks!

I’m also looking for something like as it will be very useful. I’m not much of a coder so wouldn’t know where to start. This will be great as a plugin though.

JJJ > My site is only a test site, how would I turn the shortcodes on? I only want to see what it would look like. It’ll be a while before my site goes live. If you don’t want to post this on the forum, then i’ll understand.

Gil

@gil-jones

Would it make sense to have the option to allow shortcodes? Simply ON|OFF choices? I have a forum for members of a club, registration required, and using WP-FILEBASE which has a bunch of shortcodes for inserting links to files. Just an example of one good case for allowing at least a choice.

gil

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

dosch
    Participant

@dosch

any news on poll options for bbPress? My members are grumbling 😉
    Also doodle-like polling would be an excellent feat to see in bbPress or BuddyPress.

m1000
    Participant

@m1000

Where it’s disabled? How to enable shortcodes again without using any extensions?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar