Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Featured slider
I believe I have a good grasp of how bbpress and buddypress work together. My current setup is using bbpress as the forum and buddypress as the networking for members.
My issue and questions are related to the links created by each of these plugins.
Instead of linking to a forum archive page, I’ve created a separate page and am using short codes to add in the forum. I did it this way because I don’t like how WordPress (or the theme) adds “Archive” to the page header (in my case it’s “Forum Archive”). I also don’t like that Archive pages have limited sidebar options, and poor SEO (thanks to Yoast for making it better). But anyway, you can see I’m trying to stay away from the archive pages.
The problem with my setup is the breadcurmbs above the forums. When navigation backwards, the breadcrumbs take you to the “forum archive”. Additionally, a link that is directly to a reply or topic, it is based off the forum archive. Foe Example:
FORUM LINK: website.com/mvp-members/mvp-forums/ (shortcode method.)
TOPIC/REPLY LINK: website.com/mvp-forums/topic/search-first/#post-18143Are there any tricks to getting these links to work seamlessly with each other? Or a different method of setting up the forums? Or any other advice?
I appreciate it with thankfulness.
Topic: Custom Backgrounds per Topic
Hey BBPress!
I was wandering if ya’ll can help me out with this. So I have my theme styled so that each Forum gets its own background through the style.css file using the following lines:
.postid-17 {
background: #000000 url(http://alysiaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/alysiasea.jpg) center top no-repeat fixed;
}where postid-17 is the correlating WordPress post associated with the Forum.
The problem now is that when you visit a Topic within the Forum, the background goes back to the default image :/
I am thinking that there should be a code to pull the topics Parent Forum “postid” and then force the background to the topic.
I hope that makes sense. I can dig through code, but I am not so skilled with writing my own yet.
Thanks in advance for your help.
WordPress and BBPress are running the latest versions:
Site – htp://alysiaworld.com
Theme – TwentytwelveTopic: Change Output of Widget
Hi, actually I’m trying to develop a WP plugin that will let users create a post and a forum with same title.
You can check and fork my code on GitHub https://github.com/maisdesign/MDPostEforumsCreatorAs you can see actually one of the features I’m looking for is the equivalent for wp_dropdown_categories in BBPress.
With this drop down I’ll be able to let the user choose the parent forum for the forum he is creating.I can’t find any documentation about it, am I missing something?
I am having a bit of trouble integrating my WooTheme “canvas” with bbpress. I have read the “Theme Compatibility” article. I understand what it says but i am not sure when looking at the template PHP files that comes with bbpress where in my code i need to put the template code, and which part of the bbpress template code to use.
I also switched to the “TwentyEleven” theme and it worked fine. I tried comparing the WooTheme code to TwentyEleven using Firebug, and i can see there is an obvious difference in the code. But i am lost as to what to change.
I have setup all the correct settings in the Dashboard area.
Any help would would be greatly appreciated.
I am using WordPress 3.5.1
and bbpress Version 2.3.2EDIT: I am having a bit of trouble with too much website traffic shutting my site down when i post the page address. So maybe if someone can point me in the direction of more info on intergrating bbpress with different themes. As stated above i have read the Theme compatibility article.
Please help to make these plugins compatible. WPML 2.8.2 and bbPress 2.3.2
[Sat Jun 08 12:41:04 2013] [error] [client 80.98.70.185] PHP Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see <a href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/davidprog/dev/keszul.tk/server/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959, referer: http://keszul.tk/wp-admin/plugins.php?activate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s=