Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Backgrounds per Topic

• akapope
    Participant

@akapope

Hey BBPress!

I was wandering if ya’ll can help me out with this. So I have my theme styled so that each Forum gets its own background through the style.css file using the following lines:

.postid-17 {
    background: #000000 url(http://alysiaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/alysiasea.jpg) center top no-repeat fixed;
    }

where postid-17 is the correlating WordPress post associated with the Forum.

The problem now is that when you visit a Topic within the Forum, the background goes back to the default image :/

I am thinking that there should be a code to pull the topics Parent Forum “postid” and then force the background to the topic.

I hope that makes sense. I can dig through code, but I am not so skilled with writing my own yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

WordPress and BBPress are running the latest versions:

Site – htp://alysiaworld.com
    Theme – Twentytwelve

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• akapope
    Participant

@akapope

Thanks for the help guys 🙂

I figured it out, but thought I would update in case anyone comes across this as well. I admit this may not be the best solution; however it is working and I am happy.

In the /wp-includes/post-template.php file, at line 427 I edited it to this:

if ( is_single() ) {
    		$post_id = $wp_query->get_queried_object_id();
    		$post = $wp_query->get_queried_object();
    		$parent_id = get_post($post_id)->post_parent;

$classes[] = 'single';
    		if ( isset( $post->post_type ) ) {
    			$classes[] = 'single-' . sanitize_html_class($post->post_type, $post_id);
    			$classes[] = 'postid-' . $post_id;
    			$classes[] = 'parentforum-' . $parent_id;

Where $parent_id = get_post($post_id)->post_parent;
    And $classes[] = 'parentforum-' .$parent_id;

Are the additions.

Then in the themes /style.css file I added something like:

.parentforum-17,
    .postid-17 {
    background: #000000 url(http://alysiaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/alysiasea.jpg) center top no-repeat fixed;
    }

Boom Baby!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar