Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
I am modifying a site to enable this simple snippet of code to the bbPress login Widget. Once a user is logged in, I would like to check the user’s role (WordPress Role: admin, editor, author) and allow only those three access to the site’s dashboard by simply displaying the link there. I do not know how to translate the bbPress roles to the WordPress roles.
Any insight would be most appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Hi all,
here is a problem that one of my members ran into whilst testing out the different tags available in the text editor. As he was unfamiliar with html tags he didn’t realise that a list tag would need to be nested within a ul/ol. Anyway, the problem occurs whenever someone posts a reply which contains an unnested list item (
<li>list item</li>). Once the post is published the list tag is rendered underneath the unordered list class=”forums bbp-replies”. This causes styling issues for anything being displayed underneath the post.I thought this may of just been my forum, but i briefly tested it on this forum and it also causes styling issues.
You can find a screenshot comparison of how my forum looks normally and how it looks with the tag breaking the style.
The image doesn’t show the severity of the issue, but you can see how a simple tag that any user can post can effect styles which are outside of the text editor.
I tried searching but couldn’t find anyone else reporting a similar issue. Has anyone else run into this before? are the bbpress developers aware?
hello..
i like to offer my users an extra (costum) profilepage where they can see an overview of their own posts… like in the profile. is this with a shortcode possible ?
thanks
Topic: Forums Index Issue
Hi there —
I’ve searched the forums and think I’ve tried all suggested solutions.
I have this forum and it works fine: http://realworldsupplychain.com/forums/discussion/certified-supply-chain-professional/
But then when I go to the “forums” slug, I get an error page like this: http://realworldsupplychain.com/forums/
I tried different permutations. I tried creating a /forums Page and entered the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode. That didn’t work too. I’ve tried deleting/reinstalling bbPress, still no joy.
I don’t have any existing pages with /forums off my domain.
Any help would by much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hello
On the site I am working on (not yet live) we are using BBpress Forums integrated with a Buddypress installation. Both the Buddypress Group and associated BBPress Forums are marked Hidden.
Users with Group Role as Member can properly see the Forums when viewing directly.
The issue comes to when we try to have users view the Forums via Short Code.
Only those with a Group Role of Moderator or higher can see the forum via Short Code.
WP is 3.6, bbPress 2.4, BuddyPress 1.8.1
Hi there,
I created a couple of custom fields and integrated it with my Group Topics, new topic form. I’d like to be able to just load this new form for specific groups. I ended up creating a little plugin to load the following code found on a tutorial that worked for me.
It took a long time to figure this out and I was hoping to get a bit of direction to expedite figuring this out (the topic of this thread).
Thanks!
add_action ( ‘bbp_theme_before_topic_form_content’, ‘bbp_extra_fields’);
function bbp_extra_fields() {
$value = get_post_meta( bbp_get_topic_id(), ‘bbp_extra_field1’, true);
echo ‘<label for=”bbp_extra_field1″>Seeking Funding? (Yes or no)</label><br>’;
echo “<input type=’text’ name=’bbp_extra_field1′ value='”.$value.”‘><br>”;$value = get_post_meta( bbp_get_topic_id(), ‘bbp_extra_field2’, true);
echo ‘<label for=”bbp_extra_field2″>Resources Needed (talent, knowledge, mentors, etc.)</label><br>’;
echo “<input type=’text’ name=’bbp_extra_field2′ value='”.$value.”‘>”;
}add_action ( ‘bbp_new_topic’, ‘bbp_save_extra_fields’, 10, 1 );
add_action ( ‘bbp_edit_topic’, ‘bbp_save_extra_fields’, 10, 1 );function bbp_save_extra_fields($topic_id=0) {
if (isset($_POST) && $_POST[‘bbp_extra_field1’]!=”)
update_post_meta( $topic_id, ‘bbp_extra_field1’, $_POST[‘bbp_extra_field1’] );
if (isset($_POST) && $_POST[‘bbp_extra_field2’]!=”)
update_post_meta( $topic_id, ‘bbp_extra_field2’, $_POST[‘bbp_extra_field2’] );
}add_action(‘bbp_template_before_replies_loop’, ‘bbp_show_extra_fields’);
function bbp_show_extra_fields() {
$topic_id = bbp_get_topic_id();
$value1 = get_post_meta( $topic_id, ‘bbp_extra_field1’, true);
$value2 = get_post_meta( $topic_id, ‘bbp_extra_field2’, true);
echo “Seeking Funding? “.$value1.”<br>”;
echo “Resources Needed: “.$value2.”<br>”;
}