Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Delete Sidebar

• indietest
    Participant

@indietest

WP Version: 3.6 | bbPress Version: 2.4 | Website: http://indietest.de/forums/

Howdy Guys,

i have the problem, that i cant delete the sidebar. i already searched for this problem but all the solutions deosnt work for me, because most of the files (like forum.php) is not existing.

Greets.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

Have you tried switching the template of the forum page to a full width option?

And you could use a plugin to control on which page which widget is shown. Jetpack’s new Widget Visibility module can do that job quite nicely.

ACEkin
    Participant

@acekin

I ended up adding a new CSS rule to my theme’s CSS file, luckily bbPress uses a unique class on the page. Adding the following removed the sidebar from my theme, which is based on Genesis:

body.bbpress .sidebar {
    display: none ! important;
    width: 0px;
    }

body.bbpress #content {width: 920px;}

Keep in mind that the content width of 920px is based on my theme’s container and you may need to adjust it to suit your needs.

Here is my installation:
    http://www.psri.us/forums

Verplancke Jeroen
    Participant

@jeroenverplancke

What do you mean with:

“Have you tried switching the template of the forum page to a full width option?”

Where is this “template” ?

ACEkin
    Participant

@acekin

For a page you write, you can choose the type of layout you want given that your theme offers that. However, bbPress runs on a page created on the fly, three is no page called “forums” unless you create one and then use shortcodes to bring up the forum.

Every theme has a CSS file which can be edited within WordPress. Go to Appearance/Editor and your theme CSS should load. I edited my theme’s CSS and added the code I gave in my previous post.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar