Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot remove keymaster and other roles

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• sciencefish
    Participant

@sciencefish

Same as above!

colinsp
    Participant

@colinsp

I want to remove all the roles not just Keymaster after uninstalling this plugin.

Come on Devs lots of people are asking for this why don’t you respond?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The reason it doesn’t exist is because the audience for this is relatively small compared to users asking for other things. Right now, I see 3 people that need this. That’s not saying it’s trivial, but it’s non-urgent.

The actual clean-up of this is not super straight forward, unfortunately. There is an uninstall script located in Tools > Forums that will permanently purge most data, but it doesn’t remove user roles yet.

Open a feature request at http://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org, and we’ll put in a milestone and work towards getting it in.

spottedplanes
    Participant

@spottedplanes

Where is this “Tools-Forum” to find this uninstall script..I’m having trouble with my WordPress site after removing bbpress. Email notifications no longer work from my website…jetpack stats graph missing from the admin bar

Daniel Lemes
    Participant

@daniel_iceman

Anywhere in your theme (i put on a custom page template), use this:

$wp_roles = new WP_Roles();
    $wp_roles->remove_role("bbp_role");

…where “bbp_role” can be “bbp_keymaster”, “bbp_participant”, etc. This worked for me.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_role

marianne78
    Participant

@marianne78

I want the same thing – my email notifications have stopped working as well after uninstalling. Please help.

robtinbc
    Participant

@robtinbc

I used a plugin called Role Editor and gave keymaster same perms as admin, not a great fix but it worked.

Anthony Tornambe
    Participant

@anthonytornambe

you have to uninstalled all features of it.

smrd
    Participant

@smrd

FYI for anyone who finds this topic from a google search:

The reason you can’t delete the bbp_keymaster role is that it’s currently assigned.

Dashboard > Users:

Scroll through and see which user(s) has/have the role assigned.

Select the check box for the user(s) with the bbp_keymaster role assigned and use the “Grant Roles” button at the top of the section to uncheck the keymaster role.

After that you should be able to delete the role.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar