Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Strings not translated with .mo and .po files

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I think for Czech the files should be bbpress-cs.mo and bbpress-cs.po

When you export the translations from translate.wordpress.org you should also change a couple of the defaults:

• Make sure the filter Current/waiting/fuzzy + untranslated (All) is showing the waiting translation

• Select the only matching the filter and then click export to export the .po .mo (This way you’ll get the those strings that have not yet been approved)

matousch
    Participant

@matousch

Thank you, this way of export works fine and there are czech strings correctly translated in language files now. I renamed them to bbpress-cs.po and bbpress-cs.mo and have it inserted to folders:

/matia.info/wp-content/languages/bbpress
    /matia.info/wp-content/languages/plugins
    /matia.info/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages

The strings at my page http://www.objasnujeme.cz/registrace/ are unfortunately still only in english “Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.” instead of “Vaše uživatelské jméno musí být jedinečné, a nelze ho později měnit.”.

Strange, can you open bbpress-cs.po in a text editor and confirm that these exist in the .po file:

The original string:
    Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.

The “waiting” string for the “dev” (2.6-alpha) translations
    Vaše přezdívka musí být unikátní a nejde později změnit.

The “waiting” string for the “stable” (2.5.x) translations
    Vaše uživatelské jméno musí být jedinečné, a nelze ho měnit.

matousch
    Participant

@matousch

At last it works with bbpress-cs_CZ.mo and bbpress-cs_CZ.po in ../wp-content/languages/bbpress folder.

Hi,
    So you have bbPress translated into CZ if I understand correctly ?
    If so, would you mind helping with the translation for the whole CZ community ? https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/cs/default/wp-plugins/bbpress

If you are interested, I can guide you on becoming PTE for bbPress, let me know. Then you can import you .po file and everybody can have bbPress in CZ then !

Thanks,
    Pascal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar