Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,726 through 12,750 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #170733
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Did you tick ‘Settings > Forums > Auto Role’ before starting the import ?
    Some technical talk : The bbPress role is part of an array in the meta fields of a user. If Import users is using the normal way of creating a user, then setting the ‘Auto Role’ should be enough.
    I know the plugin can import meta fields, but I only did that with strings, but no idea if it can ‘add’ to an existing array.
    Pascal.

    #170730
    nowton
    Participant

    I tried importing a little over 400 users using Import users from CSV. The import is fine, however I am unable to bulk change the role of the imported users to participant, nor have I found a way to import them as participants in one go. How would I go about this? Thanks in advance.

    #170727
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    As written above, I would propose to test with bbPress v2.6-alpha and see how it goes with the import. There should be no issues about the size of topics/replies you have. The import start on the first one and … just goes to the last one !
    Pascal.

    #170725
    Dotstore
    Participant

    @casiepa,

    I am thinking of migrate my XenForo forums to bbpress forums.

    My problem is that my fourms data are very huge approx 169000 users and approx 6269000 rows of xf_post table so my XenForo’s database’s table sizes are in giga bites.

    -> So my question is does bbpress default importer tools is able to import these huge data on single click.?
    -> Is there any extension or plugin required to import my users and forums from XenForo ?

    Please let me know your thoughts so that I can move forward to it.

    Thanks,
    Multidots

    #170724
    Nishit Langaliya
    Participant

    @netweb,

    How can I import my xenforo user to bbpress site?.

    My forums imported successfully but user are not created in my bbpress site which are in xenforo.

    #170721
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    bbPress builds on top of WordPress. Any WordPress user that has at least ‘participant’ access can post on your forums.
    So you need to make sure your users stay ‘clean’. I use wangguard for that and Theme My Login with a captcha so I’m rather sure that my users are real and they get checked if they would be sploggers or not. So you will need some extra plugins to safeguard, or you make sure that everybody is set ‘for approval’ so you can decide.
    But this is a pure WordPress matter, not a bbPress one.
    Pascal.

    #170720
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    For importing, did you try to do it in test on bbPress 2.6-alpha (https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip) ?
    Importing has improved a lot in that version.

    Pascal.

    #170719
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    You will have to follow the normal troubleshooting way to get out of this:
    – Switch to a standard WP theme and see if that helps. If it does, ask the support of the theme author.
    – Switch off all plugins, then see if it works, then switch them on one after the other.

    https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/troubleshooting/

    Pascal.

    #170717
    #170716
    jmulakala
    Participant

    I did. In fact, after I ran about 6 of them, one after the other, working my way down, it kills the blog completely, throwing a server 500 error. I’d have to reset bbpress and start the import again.

    #170706
    cassel
    Participant

    I am not sure what is happening or what is the issue, but i am asking in different places hoping one can help me.

    I have bbpress installed with Headway Theme on a WP site.
    Until recently, i was able to edit post from members but now, whenever i click on Edit or Move, i am just redirected to the Blog page. So i have no way to edit the posts to help the members who made errors in their posts.

    Also, i noticed that whenever i click on any subsection of the forum, the BLOG appears active in the navigation menu. This has always been the case since i installed bbpress and although it is a minor annoyance, everything used to work correctly otherwise.

    Any explanation why i can no longer edit? I am not sure if it is a bbpress issue, or a Headway issue (i posted on Headway too) or a WP issue.

    Any idea?

    Here is the link to the forum on my site:

    Forums


    I am using WP 4.4.1 and bbpress 2.5.8

    Thank you.

    #170705
    nesiditsa
    Participant

    Hi!
    WordPress 4.4.1 (i have this problem on older versions)
    BbPress 2.5.8-5815

    Installed plugins are:
    bbPress Moderation
    BuddyPress
    GD bbPress Attachments

    jmulakala
    Participant

    I’ve been stuck on this problem for a while now. We recently migrated our website from Rackspace to AWS hosting. Reinstalled wordpress, bbpress, and was able to migrate most of the site. Now I’m having problems with the Forums, Topics, and Replies.

    On my forum page it shows the number of topic and replies, but when you click on it, it doesn’t show them, and on the topics you can click on, it won’t show the replies. I exported them using Tools>Export and exported Forums, Topics, and Replies, and imported them the same way, assigning them users. I can see every topic and reply in the wordpress panel, just not in my forums.

    My forums can be seen here http://freeskies.co/forums/forums/.

    This problem also affects new topics. When I create a new topic, it will remove all of these topics and posts and reset the count, even though i can still see them in the wordpress panel.

    #170702
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    I have no idea what icon that could be. Is it a public website, could you share the link ?
    What WP and bbPress version ?
    Thanks, Pascal.

    #170701
    chrissafi
    Participant

    There is an icon attached to my main menu ever since i uploaded bbpress how can i remove it? thank you

    #170697
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    That is a WordPress issue, not a specific bbPress issue. In most of the cases it is because WordPress checks for Nonce in an admin url and the check fails. You will have to search in that way.
    Pascal.

    #170696
    BeePee
    Participant

    Hi everyone.

    I recently made a theme for a client and this is the first time I’ve included bbpress. Bbpress works with the default themes, but not for my custom theme and I can’t seem to find any documentation around to fix this – I’m getting the “Error: Are you sure you want to do this?” message.

    Is there a theme support option I need to enable or something?

    Regards,

    Aaron.

    #170693
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Did you try on the support site for the theme ? It’s might be that they are not bbPress compliant
    Pascal.

    #170692
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Can you both please give some info:
    – WP version
    – bbPress version
    – Any plugins that could have an influence

    Thanks, Pascal.

    #170691
    nesiditsa
    Participant

    Hello! I excuse for my english, it is not my native language.
    I have a same problem. I think that issue relates to long topics (more than 100 pages) too. Ğ¢emporarily this trouble resolves by bbpress’s repair tools – Recalculate the position of each reply. But after posting some new posts in topic this problem returns.
    Do you resolve this?

    balllz
    Participant

    Everything is on top of each other (the width is greatly reduced and I only see a portion of the search field and button) in the forum only on its main page.

    Snippet of what I think is the problem:

    </head>

    <body class=”forum-archive bbpress archive post-type-archive post-type-archive-forum logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support”>
    <div id=”page” class=”hfeed site”>

    Through trial and error, the word responsible for the problem is in the body class and it’s “archive,” when I remove only this word, the main page of the forum looks fine.

    Any thoughts on where to go to fix this problem? Not sure what file to edit.

    Thanks.

    #170689

    In reply to: MyBB 1.8 to bbpress

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    What is ‘newest bbPress’ for you ? 2.5.8 or the 2.6-alpha version ?
    Pascal.

    #170688

    In reply to: MyBB 1.8 to bbpress

    whitenexx
    Participant

    Importing with the newest bbpress importer doesn’t work. The users from myBB don’t get imported. Using your MyBB.php class also didn’t help. Where can i find the bugtracker for the importer?

    #170686
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Have a look at this page: https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-styling-crib/
    Pascal.

    #170685
    gamersden
    Participant

    Nothing under appearance is changing the Large font size of the bbpress forum. Everywhere I have looked, css is required, I am just unsure where I need to add any code required, and what the code is.

Viewing 25 results - 12,726 through 12,750 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar