Categories
Search
Bottom

After reinstallation Bbpress unvisible in WP-Backend

• Torsten8579
    Participant

@torsten8579

Hi dear BBPress Community,

after a long while of thinking about using bbpress or not – i decided to use it. The thing is, that I had installed it once (a long while ago). And now I reinstalled it to configure and use it in combination with Buddypress.

But then – HEY – It is (although activated) completely invisible in my wordpress backend. I created a site called “forum” to see if there is something it puts out in the frontend. And yes – there are even my old test-forums shown, which I had created two years ago.

But still no chance to see or change any option in my backend.

Strange!

Can someone help, please? 😉

Warmest regards
    Torsten

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Torsten8579
    Participant

@torsten8579

Update:

There is one place, where bbpress shows up within the backend. On the dashboard there’s the little widget, which shows some information about how many posts were written and how many users are there … and so on.

SO: When clicking on (for example) hidden answers, it should open a site, where i could edit them, to show up or delete them, or whatever …

But there comes an error message: You are not allowed to edit this (something like that – as it shows up in german on my site).

Now:
    In the past I also tested a few plugin to handle user roles. But all of them are uninstalled. Might there be a problem with an old user role, which is still active? Strange enough, as I always was set as the keymaster!?

Best regards
    Torsten

Torsten8579
    Participant

@torsten8579

It looks that my problem ist related to this one:

Lost permissions for administrator

I am the admin of my site. And of course I would like to setup a forum. So how can i become a keymaster on my own site? 😉 …

regards 🙂

Torsten

Hi Torsten,
    Did you try to create another admin, login with that one, then give your first user the keymaster rights ?
    Pascal.

Torsten8579
    Participant

@torsten8579

Hi Pascal,

thank you for your hint! 🙂

Meanwhile, it was exactly what I did. I created a new user, with keymaster rights. Then I logged in with the new account and gave the rights to myself.

So my problem is fixed!

Now that was a trip 😉

Thank you and warmest regards 🙂
    Torsten

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar